chainsaw

anybody familiar with this amp or brand?

SPL= Power Acoustik. Don't waste your money.

PA also owns Soundstream and they still make some good stuff.

i'll stick with my sundown saz-1500 anyday, but i was scratching my head if it was possible to make that much power for that cheap.

and 13 lbs lol.

so how are companies aloud to make these claims and not get called out and shut down? not that its against the law, but its false advertisement. and the fact that places like sonicelectronix,woofers etc, and crutcfield sell them. wtf?

so how are companies aloud to make these claims and not get called out and shut down? not that its against the law, but its false advertisement. and the fact that places like sonicelectronix,woofers etc, and crutcfield sell them. wtf?

Welcome to the world of car audio.

It's all in the rating. There is no standard for rating amplifiers, although CEA has come close, but it's still flawed. Technically, they can make that power, but at a frequency the amp will never produce at a load it will never see, yeah, you get the idea.

That and really, even if it is a flat out lie, are you going to spend the tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees it would likely take to bring a claim against them in court for false advertising on a $200 amplifier? It wouldn't be a simple as just filing suit in court. You'd need tests to prove it was a lie, and they would have tests to prove it wasn't so you would need to have an expert explain why their tests are wrong and yours are right, and the case would get delayed and continued for probably years on end. Simply not worth it for anybody to waste their time.

It's all in the rating. There is no standard for rating amplifiers, although CEA has come close, but it's still flawed. Technically, they can make that power, but at a frequency the amp will never produce at a load it will never see, yeah, you get the idea.

That and really, even if it is a flat out lie, are you going to spend the tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees it would likely take to bring a claim against them in court for false advertising on a $200 amplifier? It wouldn't be a simple as just filing suit in court. You'd need tests to prove it was a lie, and they would have tests to prove it wasn't so you would need to have an expert explain why their tests are wrong and yours are right, and the case would get delayed and continued for probably years on end. Simply not worth it for anybody to waste their time.

definitley not something i would fight, because i buy and will continue buy quality stuff. it just sucks for young kids who are gonna get flim-flammed.

definitley not something i would fight, because i buy and will continue buy quality stuff. it just sucks for young kids who are gonna get flim-flammed.

That's why I believe this very subject is one of the BEST purposes behind this and any other forum online, no matter what it's basis. Forums, although they can easily be wrought with more false information than not, are a great way for the beginners to read, study and learn about the companies that make products that are respectable and the ones who should never be trusted. The BEST part about his forum is that no matter who the correct information pisses off, it's ALWAYS available to read, and I suppose as long as the information was in the right context even if it was false.

It's also my belief that those of us who are, or would be considered veterans in the hobby have a right and a duty to help inform those young kids to help keep them from getting flim-flammed in the first place. Even if they don't listen, getting the bug in their ear, or the doubt in their mind will help to shape their choices at some point in the future. In a perfect world those companies wouldn't exist because no one would buy their products. That will never happen, but if at least one person reads a thread like this, understands it, and doesn't help support companies that out right lie about their products then I feel we and the forum have done our jobs.

Sorry for the rant guys.

That's why I believe this very subject is one of the BEST purposes behind this and any other forum online, no matter what it's basis. Forums, although they can easily be wrought with more false information than not, are a great way for the beginners to read, study and learn about the companies that make products that are respectable and the ones who should never be trusted. The BEST part about his forum is that no matter who the correct information pisses off, it's ALWAYS available to read, and I suppose as long as the information was in the right context even if it was false.

It's also my belief that those of us who are, or would be considered veterans in the hobby have a right and a duty to help inform those young kids to help keep them from getting flim-flammed in the first place. Even if they don't listen, getting the bug in their ear, or the doubt in their mind will help to shape their choices at some point in the future. In a perfect world those companies wouldn't exist because no one would buy their products. That will never happen, but if at least one person reads a thread like this, understands it, and doesn't help support companies that out right lie about their products then I feel we and the forum have done our jobs.

Sorry for the rant guys.

like this a lot

PA also owns Soundstream and they still make some good stuff.

Maxsonics owns crunch,mb quart, hifonics but anything new that comes out if crunch is overrated.

I am so thankful I found this site. I was out of car audio for 10 years before coming back and so many of the best names in the business are now questionable or junk. I miss those days out of nostalgia, but good stuff is a lot cheaper these days, I remember paying over $450 for my PPI A404- it was 50 watts x 4 with no crossovers.