spare69

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Install w/ Lights

nice build.... Looks like you pay attention to detail.

nice build.... Looks like you pay attention to detail.

Well the parts that are not carpeted cannot be seen with the final bits, But yea This is my first time doing anything with wood like this along with carpeting...so I'm satisfied with it

Install looks good, nice work buddy.

Nice Cam you got there sir!

What about the tweets on thethe dash?and under the hood like the big 3 buddy?

Edited by Dictator

What about the tweets on thethe dash?and under the hood like the big 3 buddy?

ALL those coming soon going to post those today i suppose. XD. Im actually stull working on the tweets but ill show you them regaurdless, had to do some custom fitting. Also im getting some noise from the tweets, Ive checked the grounds, ive checked the rca's they are running seperate the power wire....I have no idea any suggestions? Edited by spare69

RCA'S ran behind the glove box area, I looked for DAYS for a spot to run wires behind here without taking off the dash completely...

PIC00032.jpgPIC00033.jpg

Turn around View of It

PIC00034.jpg

Tweets in Dash, Not done its got some bad look to it from the cutout but will fix with some small wood pieces and tan vinyl.

PIC00035.jpgPIC00036.jpgPIC00037.jpg

My typical Voltage at idle with no sound...4 amps hooked up with stock alternator....Also Red button to turn off my underglow lights separate the interior lights.

PIC00038.jpg

My wire Mess with an infinity 4 channel amp powering the 2 front door speakers....Also battery........Will be cleaning these wires up a bit more....

PIC00039.jpgPIC00040.jpg

My alternator with Big 3

PIC00048.jpg

My main Ground Wire under the Rear side Drivers seat

PIC00042.jpgPIC00043.jpg

Wires from Firewall

PIC00044.jpgPIC00045.jpgPIC00046.jpgPIC00047.jpgPIC00048.jpg

My quick way of wiring the underglow..... Will be putting some rubber gromets and what not....ATM only have 1 side of lights because I failed to solder the other strips....(soldering guns are damm hot and burn your fingernail to your skin btw) found that out......

PIC00049.jpgPIC00050.jpg

Temporary For underglow until I get grommets...

PIC00051.jpg

Install in the rear looks real good man.

We need to talk about your tweeters and headunit mounting in the front though.

Install in the rear looks real good man.

We need to talk about your tweeters and headunit mounting in the front though.

whats your thoughts? Im open to any suggestions! The original tweeters were smaller, so i dremilled them out a bit and have them in now, but in the process nicked it up a bit. I was thinking to wrap it in tan vinyl but idk.....

Hmmm Im thinking ill throw in a surprise twist and add another Fi BL 12" to the equation. Gimme 2 weeks.... XD

Take a razor blade to those corners :P How do you like the sound and output?

Nice install...seems like you know what your doing :)

like others said could use a lil more work in certain areas... but its def a good start!

Take a razor blade to those corners tongue.png How do you like the sound and output?

I think the Edges of the carpet are just shot at a wierd angle there are no fuzzies hanging off the box or anything XD And it sounds kick-ass. See i listen mostly to rock and it has an awesome punch and very clear. Rap and Dubstep are great too. The box is designed for 2.5 Cubes ad thats what the sub needs. I have it wired at 0.5 Ohm. XD

Awesome Truck Sir !!! I'm digging the LIGHTS !!!

Thanks man I'm actually not done yet, ive got to get smoeone to solder for me since i cant help but to burn myslef with it.... Ganna put some lights in the wheel wells of the car too.

Take a razor blade to those corners tongue.png How do you like the sound and output?

I think the Edges of the carpet are just shot at a wierd angle there are no fuzzies hanging off the box or anything XD And it sounds kick-ass. See i listen mostly to rock and it has an awesome punch and very clear. Rap and Dubstep are great too. The box is designed for 2.5 Cubes ad thats what the sub needs. I have it wired at 0.5 Ohm. XD

Yea This is my friend And i think he could hit 142 DB np.!

Edited by Dictator

Awesome Truck Sir !!! I'm digging the LIGHTS !!!

Thanks man I'm actually not done yet, ive got to get smoeone to solder for me since i cant help but to burn myslef with it.... Ganna put some lights in the wheel wells of the car too.

We installed my LEDs around the hubs (Hub Glow Kits) ... worked great ...

Just got to give plenty of slack for suspension travel ...

med_gallery_405_15_810137.jpg

yea that looks tight bro, but ive got planned to just put them in the wells not the rims because thats tooo hard for me. lol Call me lazy, i just dont want to spend any money from what i can just use that i already have. But foreal man thats some kick-ass shit dude.

yea that looks tight bro, but ive got planned to just put them in the wells not the rims because thats tooo hard for me. lol Call me lazy, i just dont want to spend any money from what i can just use that i already have. But foreal man thats some kick-ass shit dude.

Thank you Sir ... I understand, I'm on a tight budget with my ride too.

Best of luck with it and please keep us posted with updates !!!

Get a video of that mean looking machine :)

Alright so I spent a few hours doing random things to try to stop this interference grounding noise from the tweets, Added a few grounds to make my voltage stiffer, and now ive finally figured out that it was my RCA's so im having to rerun them....

So Ive tried EVERYTHING to get rid of this engine noise in the tweeters... New RCA's, new Grounds, Away from Power Wire, EVERYTHING!!! Can you all give me any ideas of what it might be?? Otherwise i might have to get one of those noise cancelling thingies... Im starting to think its the Amp

Edited by spare69

is the amp gain all the way down on the amp that feeds the tweeters ?? does the amp feed the tweeters alone ??

Get a video of that mean looking machine smile.png

I agree !!! Is that considered a UFO kit like mine ??