pmureika

Crescendo Midrange speakers

The only useful piece of information on that webpage is the mounting depth.

Even when really turned up with hundreds of watts, the PWX series exhibits minimal vocal range breakup and extremely smooth and natural response, which is very hard to come by in such a speaker that is able to properly keep up with even 160db of bass

That's my favorite part.

Even when really turned up with hundreds of watts, the PWX series exhibits minimal vocal range breakup and extremely smooth and natural response, which is very hard to come by in such a speaker that is able to properly keep up with even 160db of bass

That's my favorite part.

So what your saying is I shouldnt beleive any advertising by any company!

Close this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to sort through the shit to find the reality. In the case of drivers "geared" towards idiots the amount of misinformation is absurd.

I'm sure there will be similar threads on the skar audio "pro audio" drivers, although <90dB is FAR from a pro audio driver. Yet, I guarantee the nooblets that install them will love them and he'll market away saying they are superb, can play way beyond their actual FR, and all sorts of other misinformation.

Have to sort through the shit to find the reality. In the case of drivers "geared" towards idiots the amount of misinformation is absurd.

I'm sure there will be similar threads on the skar audio "pro audio" drivers, although <90dB is FAR from a pro audio driver. Yet, I guarantee the nooblets that install them will love them and he'll market away saying they are superb, can play way beyond their actual FR, and all sorts of other misinformation.

Have you tested all the midrange drivers on the market in every situation?

Have you tested all the midrange drivers on the market in every situation?

Ha, no. Why is that pertinent? Subjectivity is not a logical answer to a driver response ever.

As for testing, you should spend some time understanding the Physics of how drivers work so that you can determine the response without having to physically test/hold them. WAY more fruitful. And YES, that is exactly how they are designed in the first place. It isn't some random parts thrown together (well perhaps the Skar stuff is), but an engineered design to meet a specific marketing and sales design criteria. That design is based on the science of driver design and can be easily determined and planned before ever manufacturing a driver. Obviously this means you can surely have a good idea of it's response without listening to it as well. That being said, I've been exposed and tested a shit ton of drivers. Been in pretty much every manufacturing and design center in the US as well. And yes, I know exactly what testing gear their engineering team uses to validate their models. Trained some of them on how to do it even.

Not sure why you are taking the opinion of some brand boneriffic responses from idiots who wouldn't know good if it slapped them in the face.

hey M5, can you give the op an example of a good setup... im sure he isnt going for a flat response SQ type setup. maybe something that plays all frequencies smoothly and can get loud doing so. Im sure he needs something to keep up with heavy bass. what are some recommendations??? thanks in advance..

maybe a comp set that you think would fit the bill, or a tweeter and mid that he could run active? power recommendations, crossover points, how to crossover..

hey M5, can you give the op an example of a good setup... im sure he isnt going for a flat response SQ type setup. maybe something that plays all frequencies smoothly and can get loud doing so. Im sure he needs something to keep up with heavy bass. what are some recommendations??? thanks in advance..

With your history you should know better.

OP asked NOT to have something designed and just wanted a question answered. If he wants help with a setup he can make a thread that will lead to that or spend the effort and time to post it here. Considering he asked to close it (which isn't happening) I doubt that is upcoming.

OK thats cool. i figured with your knowledge maybe you could share a simple setup alternative for the thousands thinking what he is thinking......

OK thats cool. i figured with your knowledge maybe you could share a simple setup alternative for the thousands thinking what he is thinking......

There is no such thing as what you ask for here

maybe a comp set that you think would fit the bill, or a tweeter and mid that he could run active? power recommendations, crossover points, how to crossover..

And that is not a simple question. To make matters worse, you left out audio 101. Thought you were referred to the T&C of the forum a few times, did you still not read them?

Without locations, goals, music, desires, capability, and so on there is NO WAY to ever start shopping for speakers. Complete asinine to do it the other way around. Just like someone who wants an 18" sub and buys it, but only has 1.25 cuft of space in their vehicle. Oops. And yes, the front stage mounting and considerations are even more important than a sub. Bass is EASY the rest, not so much.

Pro Audio has a time and a place. Build I am about to embark on is all pro audio drivers mated to an Xcon. It's "mobile audio" but not going in a car. The Crescendo driver didn't even come close to making the cut, but of course the reason is specific to my application. Without knowing what that was I couldn't have made that determination. Although perusing the driver, I am not sure what application it could be recommended for. I'd bet there is one out there, but I highly doubt that it's been done right in a car yet.

no starting point, nothing???? thanks anyway.

no starting point, nothing???? thanks anyway.

Stop being a dipshit. You gave me NO starting point, it wasn't the other way around. Read the links in my sig and follow them or don't post.

something that can keep up with heavy bass that sounds good to your keen ears... maybe a comp set that you heard and liked, or a pro mid and tweeter that would be easy to work with going active. some hints, and tips on placement, crossover points.. a starting point. say i have a standard sundown 125.4.

thanks in advance.

And again nothing. Enjoy your 24 hr vacation. Read what we asked and follow it.

So why should I beleive any other companies advertisements?

I never said you should?

Advertising with supporting empirical evidence and information is something that is atleast worth a glance. I'm not going to promise it's always going to be accurate, but it's atleast a good start and a step in the right direction.

A companies subjective evaluation of their own product (which they are trying to sell you) with little to no actual information, such as that Crescendo link, is simply useless. Heck, they don't even have T/S listed to get an idea of the low end performance or how it will perform IB in a door. It's simply "we think this speaker sounds great, so you will too" followed by suggesting it be used in completely inappropriate situations....which leaves me wondering if they know better but are simply trying to sell a product to the ignorant masses, or if they don't know any better themselves. Crescendo has taken extreme liberties in describing their products in the past when advertising them...no reason to expect they wouldn't do the same again.

Wow

Sometimes I wonder if some can read.

I don't always understand everything M5 says (because I don't speak Englisf fluently, or everyday), but I know what he needs to answer back.

OP, you're lucky enough to have 2 experts trying to help you, and you know that. Take advantage of it !

I love this forum because of mods like them (M5, Impious,...). On other forums, they would have told you to get this brand, this speaker because they are so goood, without any informations about your system and your car !

best bang for ur buck in my opinion they are pa's so yea they get loud but no annoying loud like most pro audios if u got a good ammount of eq which i have an audiocontrol and an prs80 then they can sound amazing and loud

Sometimes I wonder if some can read.

I don't always understand everything M5 says (because I don't speak Englisf fluently, or everyday), but I know what he needs to answer back.

OP, you're lucky enough to have 2 experts trying to help you, and you know that. Take advantage of it !

I love this forum because of mods like them (M5, Impious,...). On other forums, they would have told you to get this brand, this speaker because they are so goood, without any informations about your system and your car !

The reason is I have other problems to take care of first that I didnt know about at that time. No running active for me till I get some answers.

best bang for ur buck in my opinion they are pa's so yea they get loud but no annoying loud like most pro audios if u got a good ammount of eq which i have an audiocontrol and an prs80 then they can sound amazing and loud

Wow, with that mastery of the English language we can surely extrapolate how useful your opinion is.

I use the pwx's daily in a 3 way set up. Sound fantastic to me of course they are not a sq comp set. But they fit my bill. Grab and set and try them yourself. For 32 a piece you can't go wrong...