oakteg21

singer alt. anyone with these alts. please give me your input

I'm looking to replace my stock alt. But I'm in a small budget can any one give me their inputs regarding these alt? And maybe a ball park guess on how much it would be to replace my stock 140A alt I have a 2000 Acura integra ls.

Heard nothing but good things about them and its a lifetime garauntee. I've sent him an email and responds very quickly. Sales@SingerAlternators.com

Email him for a quote.

Thanks guys I'm just asking because I was online doing research and before I thought mechman alt were the only good ones out there but their price is way out of my budget and so I'm in search if I can find another company that is cheaper but offer good quality

A stock 140 amp alternator is pretty good, are you planning on running over 1500 watts RMS? Did you get the big 3 done yet? Do you have an extra battery?

Yes I'm going to run 1500 rms....what is the big 3 upgrade? I keep reading about but not even sure what this means.

Yeah you probably won't need an alternator. Big three is upgrading your wires under the hood search and you will find plenty of examples.

Ok well I'm running 2gauge wire front to back.

Watch...

I thought that you were running DCON's?

No that dcon just for my dads car just to see what ssa can do I will be installing 3 vvx8s to my car so the big 3 and alt is for my integra.

If you're on a budget, do the big 3, a battery in the back and see how it goes. You probably don't need a new alt, you could save a bit of money.

What kind of battery in the back? How do you connect them? Because wouldn't they get discharged fast?

If you're only running 1500 watts, do the big 3 first and you might be good. If not upgrade your stock battery, start a new post if needed. Then if you're having issues add a 2nd battery in the back, again, start a new post. Good luck and thanks for listening.

Search around the forum. Read read read. A little bit goes quite a ways, and will pay off in the end.

I agree with the others, if you're on a tight budget you're best off to try it, watch your voltage and upgrade accordingly instead of spending money on items you MAY not need.

FWIW I've been very happy with my 250A Singer alt since I got it, though I've not really put it through it's paces yet.

IF you're on a small budget why do you want to run 3 subs ? Just get a bigger one, it will be cheaper.

The rear battery must be connected to the front one (at least the positive posts) and you can ground it near the battery.

I'd rather use 0 ga wire, but if you already have the 2 ga one, live with it.

Thanks all for your advice will take all to consideration and the 2 gauge wire I already have and the 3 subs I got them when skar had their sale a few weeks ago but should have just gotten 2 10s but too late now though.

The guy seems like a really good dude but horrible product he dosent own a bench test like dc so he can't test the output of the alt I have had a few Buddys with 200+ amp alts from singer and they clamped 105 amps from it

I have a singer 200 amp alt for my 99 Saturn sc2. Also have all 0 awg and 180 amp hours worth of batt. Voltage is very steady running saz-3500d at 1 ohm. Alt came with overdriven pulley so charges well at idle. Great cust serv from Singer also. I would recommend.

Thanks for everyones advice but like I was told im going to do small upgrades as I go and see how my voltage is affected ill start off with the big 3 and a kinetic 1800 battery and see how that does.