Sign in to follow this  
02ram

d2 compared to brahma mkII

Both 12" in sealed boxes.

SQ?

Ability to sound good with 1200w for two drivers.

Both subs seem awesome to me, I have been looking at adire because of the xbl tech.

Brahma is a little more $. ahh I wish I could listen to them myself. Compare some of these side by side.

D2 is more efficient with that power IMO...

Both will sound the same...

I'd imagine the D2 will get louder..

Sorry Clarke, but from my experience they sound nothing alike. The Brahma didn't have the punch/accuracy that the D2 has, I'm not sure how to explain it further. Though the Brahma did get a little lower for me, the D2 still has damn good low freq. extension.

Hey, Damian's here. Welcome!

That's what I'm looking for is a hard hitting, solid. punchy sub. So would going with 1.0 sealed be best for the tight bass? I see that's what strong bumpin has.

Like I said I have a regular cab truck=small cab. So shoud I go smaller box or larger in sealed for that tight, clear bass? thanks guys.

It's actually hard to not have tight, punchy, bass out of Magnum 12's. I mean, you have to have leaks in your box, or end up with 0.1 cube of internal volume (basically fiberglass the basket), etc in order to have boomy bass out of a Magnum. 1 to 1.5 cubes is just fine for a 12" Mag. Build whatever you can fit/allow.

It's actually hard to not have tight, punchy, bass out of Magnum 12's. I mean, you have to have leaks in your box, or end up with 0.1 cube of internal volume (basically fiberglass the basket), etc in order to have boomy bass out of a Magnum. 1 to 1.5 cubes is just fine for a 12" Mag. Build whatever you can fit/allow.

thanks, any thoughts about my small cab though?( as far as box size and sound) What wattage do I have to have, for two of these, to make them bang pretty good?

I've only dealt with a mag 12 and a brahma 15" and i think the Brahma is a smoother sound. Mag is definitely easier to get punchier.

Sorry Clarke, but from my experience they sound nothing alike. The Brahma didn't have the punch/accuracy that the D2 has, I'm not sure how to explain it further. Though the Brahma did get a little lower for me, the D2 still has damn good low freq. extension.

We all have our thoughts :)

I don't think there are too many woofers out there that really sound anything like the Magnum..but if I were to give it's closest companion...it'd be the Brahma...

IMO..they are both accurate as HELL...Brahma DOES go a lil lower though...

It also has a lot to do with each install and application..

I don't really understand why people bother to spend $90 more for something that isn't going to do much more than the Magnum....I think it's the stupid power ratings...everyone is all SKEERED about ONLY 600wrms....

Oh well..all I know is that these puppies will be installed sealed in my coffin..should give some awesome transientes for the Memorial Day folks...

Hmm...that was a weird tangent..

Hey, Damian's here. Welcome!

Been here since August, but thanks... :P

Notice the sig as well... :)

Hey, Damian's here.  Welcome!

Been here since August, but thanks... :P

Notice the sig as well... :)

Been here 9 months....and 15 posts...

WHAT A CONTRIBUTING MEMBER!!!!!

Been here 9 months....and 15 posts...

WHAT A CONTRIBUTING MEMBER!!!!!

Clarke, buddy, like I told you before, speak when spoken to... :P

Notice the "Newbie" title as well? haha

I'll be frequenting this board more often now that I'm a rep and all...and I'm pretty much always on all the other major ones...so, shhhh...

We all have our thoughts :)

I don't think there are too many woofers out there that really sound anything like the Magnum..but if I were to give it's closest companion...it'd be the Brahma...

IMO..they are both accurate as HELL...Brahma DOES go a lil lower though...

It also has a lot to do with each install and application..

I don't really understand why people bother to spend $90 more for something that isn't going to do much more than the Magnum....I think it's the stupid power ratings...everyone is all SKEERED about ONLY 600wrms....

Oh well..all I know is that these puppies will be installed sealed in my coffin..should give some awesome transientes for the Memorial Day folks...

Hmm...that was a weird tangent..

Reason being that for the extra 90 bucks you get more potential. Again the I prefer the brahma SQ over the Mag but they are both in there respectiible classes. The Thing is if you want good punch Tight bass as has been mentions your going to want to go with a magnum. If you want eficiency with some balls your goign to look at the magnum. However If you want the poetional to be able to have more displacment linear, then the brahma is what you are looking for. If you prefer your sq to be more transparent then brahma is what you are looking for. To me i prefer the transperncey of the brahma over the punch of the mag. I do say the mag has better punch than any other speaker out there that i have heard to date mind you again a tempest right behind it. But the extra 90 bucks is bassically for potential. Same reason my buddy bought a pair of re SEXXX's ;)

None the less they are both awesome driver it just depends on which one you are looking for.

I was not going to post this because I seem that I am biased being sponsered and all but I hope that you all witll atlest respect my opinons as I have competed with a Magnum as well and I have had some listening time to it as well.

Scott Stoner

Good post bud....I'd agree with you...and we are all somewhat biased here...I'm glad you gave the Brahma side of it....

My hero :wub:

whats transparent mean when refering to sound?

when i say trasperent I mean that you cant actually hear it. Its more of a presence