I can't tell you what the problem is because i don't know what your install consist of.

I could be wrong, I'm no M5 or Impious, but "muddy" sound is often caused by multiple speakers playing the same frequency. Check your crossover points and make sure your front stage and sub stage aren't overlapping.

If you want a real amp buy one from Zed Audio

Than what is it? It's the only thing that's changed in my system. This is the only amp i've used that sounds muddy. I also have 2 people i know that have similar issues with the same line of amp. just saying

Watts are watts, it is your install/settings. I am not saying that all amps are of equal build quality though.

muddy sound means the transient response sucks.

This could be caused by a "boomy" enclosure, extremely low damping factor at wired load, or something is possibly boosted(bass boost on amp or EQ settings or bass settings increased on head unit)

This muddy sound started as soon as i switched amps

This muddy sound started as soon as i switched amps

Okay you caught us....we were lying, it is the amp. Open it up and look for mud, that is most likely the problem.

I understand what you guys are saying but the only difference in my system is the amp. So I would think it would be the amp. I didn't switch boxes, wires, head unit, subs nothing just the amp.

The settings on the amp or h/u need to be adjusted more than likely.

im with jay-cee... anytime you switch amps you must set it up (the amp) as if you are doing a clean install set all tone controls on amp and HU to defaults and tweak it till it sounds right, if you are ported make sure the ssf is set right too.

i've readjusted everything. They way i have it said now it's not terribly noticeable but still wish I had a more crisp sound

i've readjusted everything. They way i have it said now it's not terribly noticeable but still wish I had a more crisp sound

How did you set things?

used a ddm for the gains and then listened when I did lpf and ssf. Just tweaked until i could get the muddyness down to where I could at least stand it.

The muddyness isn't the amp, but the way you have it setup.

As for what amps, there are tons to choose from. I'll never run either of the ones you are looking at and if they were both such a good deal it's easy to sell them both and buy something better.

You keep saying buy something better but give no examples? and what exactly would cause the muddyness then?

There are hundreds of amps that I'd deem worthwhile. If you can't do a search and determine any others then fine.

As for the muddyness, perhaps a better definition and description would help us help you....but it isn't the amp. Amps just make whatever you tell them to do louder. If it does something else, well then you told it what to do incorrectly. I am pretty sure that my definition of muddiness and yours are different.

And seriously this is a sub. At sub frequencies you'd probably have difficulties discerning 10% distortion.

alright well off the muddyness topics name just a few amps you deam worthwhile. I've been browsing just want to see if our ideas match up at all

You've got it backwards. Fix the muddiness first then think about amps.

I'm convinced it's the amp. I've retuned everything, it sounded perfect when i had my brutus amp and then i switched to the hifi it's not crisp at all. the bass kind of lags. From personal reviews i've heard nothing good about hifi amps. If i have good subs why not have a good amp? If it's not the amp what's the first thing I should look at?

I have all bass boosts turn down on the HU and the amp, my bass level on my HU is at 0, gain is about half way. the subs just don't hit crisply on this amp. I've retuned multiple times and just want my subs to hit nicely again. Hence why i'm in the market for a new amp

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have several Hifonics amps that do the same thing. These amps just don't do rated power. I removed them and put in two IA 20.1's and the problem went away.