Sign in to follow this  
handman84

To cap or not to cap...

What are the benefits of using a capacitor? Does anyone recommend using a cap in their set up? Why or why not?

Have you tried searching? This question comes up very often, and the answer is always the same.

Im searching now and posting was part of that search...BTW Impious, reflection is one of my favorite songs of all time!!!

I sincerely dislike that website and it's owner for the simple fact he literally steals, direct copy-n-pastes, entire write-ups and information without any reference or credit to the source.

In fact several of the pages have his copyright at the bottom, when he copy-n-pasted the information from somewhere else.

Even a shit ton of caps don't work. Mark Fukuda experimented with them back in the early 90's. back then there weren't batteries like today so he had 6 huge custom battery cells custom built to reduce resistance versus multiole batteries. He then added something like 150 10 farad caps ( cant recall the exact number) and lost db's versus the cells alone.

A cap is used on old ignition systems with points to keep the spark down. They are almost useless in modern day car audio.

if your thinking about using a cap just get a 2nd battery lol...

Edited by 16K

the only cap i recommend doing in car audio is capping the charge voltage

The guy from basic car audio found that many of the cheap caps he bought to test didn't even work.