Sign in to follow this  
Polish

Cheers from a new (old) guy.

Hello all, just a quick post to introduce myself. I joined this forum to try and catch up on some technology, I have been out of the car audio scene since about 2002. I stopped messing with them shortly after quitting my job as an installer, which I did for about 1.5 years after going to Installer Institute in Florida. I got my MECP and all that fancy stuff, then was hired by the first shop I called. It was fun but I got burned out after about a year and have done other stuff since I quit. Some of you may know the shop, it is now called Ultimate Audio on OBT in Orlando (or was a couple years ago last time I was in FL).

I finally have the drive to want some serious tunes in my car again, I just don't know anything about any of these newer brands so I need some refreshing on what is up with the technology. I have been checking out these Sundown SA series subs after watching a few YT vids and they get down but it seems like there are plenty of others too.

I have a 07 Honda Fit which has a pretty large hatch area. I was thinking of a single 12" or 15", maybe a pair but from the prices it seems like a single woofer will be it for now. I will be doing a ported box of course since my main goal is spl and since I never competed back in the day, I may give that a shot in 2013. I have no idea what amps are good anymore either, but it seems like you can buy a lot more watts per $ these days.

Anyhow, if you have any suggestions let me know.

Welcome!!! Check out the SSA Store. All those brands are great!

:WELCOME:

Welcome back to the game.

Welcome, you should check out this Honda Fit build. 2 12" Skar ZVX on a Skar 2500D. Pretty loud. Just remove your spare tire, and build an amp rack/false floor. You can fit small batteries between the seat and the enclosure with the seats up right.

http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25167&highlight=all4spl

http://www.youtube.com/user/all4spl/videos?view=0

Thanks for the links Reelfish92, I saw that Fit on YT the other day and wondered what the specs were. I will check it out.

:WELCOME: to the forum and back to the game.

Welcome, you're in better shape than me, I got out in the early 90's. Wow, things changed a lot for me, seems like most old school companies got bought out and everything is made in China. The SSA store sells a few products still made in the USA.

Welcome, you're in better shape than me, I got out in the early 90's. Wow, things changed a lot for me, seems like most old school companies got bought out and everything is made in China. The SSA store sells a few products still made in the USA.

At least you know that Orion and Kicker aren't the shiznit anymore. I hate when guys, mostly clueless shop owners say that Fi, SSA, Sundown are all no-name chinese crap brands. angry2.gif

Thanks for the links Reelfish92, I saw that Fit on YT the other day and wondered what the specs were. I will check it out.

No problem, I'm not sure if ALL4SPL was on this forum, so I linked you. Post up a build when the time comes :).

Welcome