rowdyful7

wall build 4 15s or 2 18s

hello everyone i want to build a wall with 4 15s at 500 rms or 2 18s at 1000 rms i have a brutus 2000 watt i want some deep bass i have looked at the dcon 15s, hdc2.5 15s, the icon 18s, havoc 18s,if anyone has any expierence with these subs or have any others in mind throw your opinions in here

What do you drive? Why do you want to wall it? Is the vehicle your daily driver?

i drive a 02 nissan frontier crewcab , i want to wall it because i had 1 fi bl 18 and i was going to get another and wall it and had my hope up on it then got screwed over on alot of money now i have to sell that 18 and work with my 2000 watt and yes its my daily driver

Why not just use the bl?

just one bl?

Yeah, it should get crazy loud in a little Frontier.

yeah i put it in for about two weeks it was pretty loud but dont you think 4 dcon 15s should be louder?

yeah i put it in for about two weeks it was pretty loud but dont you think 4 dcon 15s should be louder?

Louder...maybe. What were the specs of the enclosure that you had the bl in?

Yea I agree with Rick. You'd be surprised how loud it will get in a well built box. Try the bl first at least. It'll save you money and tim not getting the new subs and box. Also you don't block back window too.

i had it in 10 cuft and around 30 htz if i remember correctly but thats with the back seat in but now i got the backseat out so i got quite alot more room and on my last box my friend convinced me to get 1/2 mdf and it just tore that box apart

Edited by rowdyful7

10 cubes net? Who built the box, and do you have any pics? In a good enclosure that bl should get pretty crazy.

yeah i got pictures and it was the first box i ever made how do you upload a picture on here

yeah i got pictures and it was the first box i ever made how do you upload a picture on here

Upload to photobucket and paste the Img code in your post.

why is it doing that?

You have the IMG code on there twice.

waht if i did that one 18 and sealed all around it so all the air space it would have to fill up is the front seats?

A sealed wall is going to be louder because you have less room in the actual car.

So the waves have a shorter distance to travel basically.

But typically the more cone area you have the louder

or

wattage but then you take into account motor force

i think....trippy.gif

thats what ill do just go with that bl and seal it off is there anyone that can help with a box design?

im no wall expert but from what i have seen you build the wall and have an idea of how big you want the port then shim it out accordingly.

Well i suppose thats what they do when they are chasing DB's

But looking at your truck you could eaither build it in the truck.

or

make it small enough to fit through the door and just run a piece of wood across the top to seal it off.

id talk to this guy

Page 6

http://www.soundsolu...__fromsearch__1

Edited by djjdnap

ive talked to him on some post and i planned to build the box outside put it in then seal it off