rowdyful7

wall build 4 15s or 2 18s

if my dimensions were D:27 L:47 H:33 what size would my aerports need to be to get it at around 30 hz or what is the math you do to get it

You would need some big aero ports to achieve the right amount of port area. Stick with the slot port.

alright what math do i need to do to get the right tunning ive always had someone design the box for me

73166786.png

another calculator says the port length should be 32, but ehh...

You also have to factor in displacement for bracing and the sub, to be 98.7% accurate lol

so right now ur looking at 16.622ft^3 of space, once we find the displacement we can adjust the port length to be more accurate.

Which is going to be a smaller number which will make the port length longer and the port width smaller if the box volume gets too small

i think i looked at that right.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Edited by djjdnap

Isn't torres calc more accurate than re's calc?

Ohh gotcha. I use a few different things including the re to help get a picture in my head of what it'll look like. I used Torres for actually getting info.

thanks guys yall have been a ton of help i will start on build tommorow and upload a video of it when i get through it might take a couple of days

thanks guys yall have been a ton of help i will start on build tommorow and upload a video of it when i get through it might take a couple of days

Sounds good!

Well lets try this again. lol

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/enclosure-volume-calculator/#axzz2H2jRjm1b

61964492.png

So the volume was way off wt the RE calculator.

But the cut out should be fine and the above is more accurate.

It would really depend on ur displacement which i just put .5

and now as i sit here looking at it my brain just went pooftrippy.gif

Someone else feel free to jump in

so dont use the re calculator?

It will work fine for the initial setup.

The only thing is the port length and depth are not correct for the frequency you want.

Which is what i was attempting to figure out above with the 8in width and 23 inch depth..

But since your depth is 27 i would i would have an L port, so instead of straight 23" piece run it back like 13" and make have a perpendicular piece to that that is 10" =23 total

LOL i think this is the most work ive done in a while on here lol

Well i just checked 3 cut sheets fi has on its page against the RE calculator and everything came out right.

Soooo might as well use it. lol

i doubt 1hz off is going to be that big of a deal even if it is.

So id just stick to the RE calculator for convenience, im no expert by any means.

thanks man i give you all the props in the world you have been alot of help so still do the L port and just go with the re dimensions correct?

nah just use the one from page 2 that i posted, or you can change things up urself if u goto the calculator to tweak it the way u want

i got the box built and the sub in and my amp was blown never been so bummed out in my life!

man that was some fast building.

Sorry to hear about the amp.

Its plenty of amps for sale on caraudio.com and smd.com, not to mention a few on here as well.

yeah pretty fast we started at 10 in the morning and finished around 9 and ill look around for some ill order tommorow evening when i get some money in the bank when it gets in ill put a video of the system going on here

Yea that really was some fast building. Sorry about the amp. I have a kicker zr1000 for sale. Does its max rms power at 2-4 ohms. So it'll be more efficient.

Yeah im pretty happy I just want something louder now im always like that never happy its the loudest system I've had but now im looking into selling it and getting a btl 18 with the ufo style magnet