I have the option of a

Alpine mrp-f300

Or

Focal solid 4 black

What is going to be the better buy, on paper specs on alpine are better but in a real world situation I hear focal is the shiz

You don't need to bump within an hour of first post. Give people some time.

Haha I'm impatient dude either way aint no need to get upset about it. Plus I've got about six tabs up I bumpd the wrong post I meant to bump on a totally different forum.

Both are quality amps. If both were the same price, I'd buy the Focal simply because people will pay more for the Focal name versus Alpine. That does NOT mean it is a better amp though.

I'm not upset. I didnt think or mean to come off that way. I was just saying to let the thread go on and someone will find it and help you.

How much are both of the amplifiers?

I'm not upset. I didnt think or mean to come off that way. I was just saying to let the thread go on and someone will find it and help you.

Yeah totally understandable, appreciate it man.

Focal is used and alpine is new

In that case I'd get the Alpine.

Cool, glad were good haha.

To your thread though, you won't hear any difference between power of them, because they are almost put out the same power. I can't remember, but I think I did have an alpine amp like that. Not sure if it was same one but it was a 4 channel alpine. It was a awesome amp. I liked it!

Cool, glad were good haha.

To your thread though, you won't hear any difference between power of them, because they are almost put out the same power. I can't remember, but I think I did have an alpine amp like that. Not sure if it was same one but it was a 4 channel alpine. It was a awesome amp. I liked it!

Yeah no prob man lol common mis understanding!!

I'm still stuck its hard to honestly say a lot of ppl say focal but then I'm like on paper the alpine looks better and it's new idk though.

They are both good quality amps. I'd get the alpine solely bc it's brand new.

I don't know I like the idea of alpine cause its new but everyone is still sayin I'd get better sq out of the focal

I don't know I like the idea of alpine cause its new but everyone is still sayin I'd get better sq out of the focal

That is flat out wrong. And who is "everyone" anyway?

Funny that you guys all want the new amp. I personally would buy the better deal which is always used. Value is the same so weigh the ownership cost. Buying and selling the Alpine in this case should make it cost more than buying and selling the Focal. And yes if you are anything like anyone on here you will eventually sell it.

There is no audible benefit for either so the financial is what I'd personally lean on next.

Majority of the research I could find

Funny that you guys all want the new amp. I personally would buy the better deal which is always used. Value is the same so weigh the ownership cost. Buying and selling the Alpine in this case should make it cost more than buying and selling the Focal. And yes if you are anything like anyone on here you will eventually sell it.

There is no audible benefit for either so the financial is what I'd personally lean on next.

I only say that because I don't swap front stage amps that often, and I would like having the warranty.

Majority of the research I could find

Did the research explain exactly how the the Focal has better "SQ?"

I voted for the Focal for the quality and the top mount controls. Not that the Alpine is bad, I have plenty of experience with their amps and have enjoyed them in the past, just in this case, I prefer Focal.

I only say that because I don't swap front stage amps that often, and I would like having the warranty.

And I just realized that these are mono amps :Doh:

And I just realized that these are mono amps Doh.gif

Uhhh no they're not. They're both 4 channel amps.

My personal experience and advice leans to Focal. It's a company I trust far more to put the R&D into quality builds with quality parts that will yield better longevity and an over all cleaner, clearer, more reliable signal. Also, as mentioned before, resale value down the road will be better.

If numbers on paper are your concern(eh...), neither will yield an audible different in loudness with the power numbers their little pieces of paper say they can produce.