Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

And yeah, I know I only mounted the stock mount on one side. I won't be using any of that structure in the final assembly, but wanted to know what it might look like before I bought a screen.

Computer, power supply, miniDSP all will EASILY fit behind it as well smile.png

And the X was pointless, was going to overlay both screens on the same cardboard but I'd rather buy from a more reputable brand that gives me FULL drawings and details of dimensions than just partial. Plus Malaysia >> China for shit like this.

Still would much rather have the 10" Ipad screen as it is shorter and fatter.

Nearly exactly the size of the opening. Screen is only $45 too and has full retina resolution. Just no fucking reliable touch panels for it.

I really don't want to have to have a bunch of buttons. Figure with Windows 8 and multitouch I won't need any since the three finger swipe is enough.

Need some ideas on smoothing the transition between the screen and the wood. Will be supported from the rear, but have to do something to give it shape. Hoping the form of the screen is nice enough I can just rout out a support for it, if not glue and wood powder was what I thought I'd bondo with. Will be painted or wrapped or something as well.

jealous of the screen size. makes my n7 look so tiny

IMG_20140630_192400_304_zps6a73b8c5.jpg

Edited by lithium

Tiny, but nice and stock. Really wish I could find a 4:3 screen, but as long as what I put in doesn't require me to cut the stock locations I'll be happy as that means it'll be easy to change down the road. In particular since the wood base is so easy to fab and change.

10500501_506067902827205_247729211794766

The last sentence doesn't belong

10532864_506068046160524_255420759557306

I can fix that for you ;)

I can fix that for you ;)

exactly :P

So I walk out to my car this morning and my hood is popped, like the hood release had been pulled. That's extremely odd I think to myself, it definitely wasn't popped the last time I drove it.

So I open my car door to sit down the things I had in my hand to close the hood and that's when I notice the trim ring for my CD player is gone. Oh, now I get it. Someone got into my car last night and tried to steal my stereo.

I'm guessing the hood was popped because they thought the hood release was the trunk release.

So I walk out to my car this morning and my hood is popped, like the hood release had been pulled. That's extremely odd I think to myself, it definitely wasn't popped the last time I drove it.

So I open my car door to sit down the things I had in my hand to close the hood and that's when I notice the trim ring for my CD player is gone. Oh, now I get it. Someone got into my car last night and tried to steal my stereo.

I'm guessing the hood was popped because they thought the hood release was the trunk release.

wow people still steal radios?

Thankfully all they got away with was the 40 cents of change in my change holder and the trim ring for my worthless Sony CD player.

wow people still steal radios?

Apparently, and they are no longer any good at it.

However, if you remember less than a month ago my neighbors house was busted for being a meth lab.

Sunday my son's $400 new bike was stolen from our garage.

And now last night someone got into my car.

So, I live next to a meth lab and have been robbed twice this week. This little town of ours apparently just isn't like it used to be. Going downhill rather quickly.

However, if you remember less than a month ago my neighbors house was busted for being a meth lab.

Sunday my son's $400 new bike was stolen from our garage.

And now last night someone got into my car.

So, I live next to a meth lab and have been robbed twice this week. This little town of ours apparently just isn't like it used to be. Going downhill rather quickly.

Yeah I remember reading that, man that's awful.

Time for a surveillance system.

That's shit. Wire up a few horns under the dash that go off next time someone tries getting in.

Tiny, but nice and stock. Really wish I could find a 4:3 screen, but as long as what I put in doesn't require me to cut the stock locations I'll be happy as that means it'll be easy to change down the road. In particular since the wood base is so easy to fab and change.

agreed. it would be great if you could take a large display and adjust the screen size to match the dimensions of the trim. Kind of like when you display a 4:3 image on a widescreen and you have black bars on the sides.