Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Tried my first crack at coffee roasting. Bought a popcorn popper recommended by sweet maria's and 8 lbs of sampler beans.

Seems like by beans only made it through the first crack but they seem t9o have come out vienna. I was shooting for full city (oops). Not sure if I need to do something to slow down the roast.

I tried to keep them moving as much as possible to keep things even, but I'm not sure if that will be the best method as once things got going they moved pretty well.

IMG_20150510_144632473.jpg

IMG_20150510_144059692.jpg

The roast doesn't seem remarkably even and it looks like there is quite a bit of chafe left over. Not sure if that is normal, but I cleaned it up the best I could.

We will see how they taste tomorrow. It's got to be better than the Folgers at work :P

a single bean instead of a blend is better for learning as the consistency should automatically be better. Roast wise you are talking close to how I like my espresso. Americans are stupid in how they roast. Starburnt tastes like shit

Replaced the fuel filter on my truck and man was it dirty tapped.it against the ground and a bunch of shit came out, also cleaned the MAF sensor and its still running rough, couldnt find an OBD meter to hook up to my truck, called the peice of shit mechanic I took my truck to last month and he said 50$ just to hook it up and see what codes it throws..Fuck Him!

don't you have an oreilly/checker...

Went to autozone and oreillys they dont hook OBD's up anymore they said

you asked wrong oreilly won't hook it up but will lend you the tool to do it yourself for free

I wanted to become a Dentist but let my pops talk me out of it and got a Business Administration degree.

Dentist make the big bucks

Went to autozone and oreillys they dont hook OBD's up anymore they said

you asked wrong oreilly won't hook it up but will lend you the tool to do it yourself for free

Will check again tomorrow, thanks.

I wanted to become a Dentist but let my pops talk me out of it and got a Business Administration degree.

Did you open a business? What do you do for work?

Got a question for everyone, if you had the chance to turn back time, and go to college what would you major in/do, and to do what as a career? If your answer is what your doing now, what is it that you do, and what do you love about your profession? Just curious because I love to weld but Im curious to explore other areas in college besides welding,

Thanks-Stephen

same degree but would have taken the hedge fund trading job post schoil as a slave to a walk trader. Those days as just though otherwise I'd change jobs now . Hurts seeing my neighborale over $1M per year when in all aspects I could do his job WAY better

Hmmm, Samsung thinks neighbor is got ale

OK, so Seth bought his first set of cans. They are easily driven, 18 ohm cans. Sennhieser Momentums.

Who here uses cans and what amps are you using? Interested in tubes.

Requirements:

• must be able to roll so they have to be socketed.
  • down to 18 ohms, 20 should be safe
  • I would really like 3.5mm and RCA inputs
  • small footprint
  • under $250
Shoot!!!
Mofo!! better get a hold of me sethy!! I mean it it!! angry2.gif

gayhaaay1.gif

Mofo you are why I came here!! You are my fuckin hero!!biggrin.png

But see, now you have new friends...

Not to many peeps like me here..sad.png

Fuck 'em then. Not too many like me either.
join the club I'm an asshole

good to see you stop in seth. You seem to always know when I say something negative about my gm that it is time to come by.

Saturday was brake swap day

IMG_7262_1.jpg

IMG_7291_1.jpg

A bit  off-center because I wanted to use a 10mm adapter plate, for strength

IMG_7287_1.jpg

IMG_7286_1.jpg

IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7270_1.jpg

Today I will sort out the brake lines and then it's time to test it. The to do list for the Jeep just got much shorter. 

Rotors, pads, hardware and Mercedes calipers were about $200 

I've sold a set of good Jeep calipers for $25 profit and one of my old calipers for $50. So I've got new, upgraded brakes for $125 and a day of work. 

June trip is booked. Going to visit Krawow, Auschwitz, Prague, Bratislava and Vienna. 

Got a question for everyone, if you had the chance to turn back time, and go to college what would you major in/do, and to do what as a career? If your answer is what your doing now, what is it that you do, and what do you love about your profession? Just curious because I love to weld but Im curious to explore other areas in college besides welding,

Thanks-Stephen

Your school should have some talks / tours of different fields. If nothing else you might try reading through the school's website for all the offered degrees. Either way good luck.

You could also meet with the college advisors for any field you feel interested in.

Instead of asking here what people do and what they would do differently you should do some exploring internally. Being interested in what you do goes a really long way to make it satisfying.

As for what I do, I run the Mafia in Minnetonka.

Thanks-Stephen

I'm in the absolute most profitable profession in the world. Sales. It's just about the only type of job I'm qualified for that doesn't bore me to death. I happen to be a better trainer and manager, but it's all problem solving to me.

If I could go back I would have studied any form of bleeding edge science so I could work in a think tank.

good to see you stop in seth. You seem to always know when I say something negative about my gm that it is time to come by.

Just keeping you in line, Sean.

June trip is booked. Going to visit Krawow, Auschwitz, Prague, Bratislava and Vienna. 

Sounds like fun.

Instead of asking here what people do and what they would do differently you should do some exploring internally. Being interested in what you do goes a really long way to make it satisfying.

As for what I do, I run the Mafia in Minnetonka.

That's code for "I suck cock for money on Minnetonka Blvd and Hiawatha way", right? wink.png

Replaced the fuel filter on my truck and man was it dirty tapped.it against the ground and a bunch of shit came out, also cleaned the MAF sensor and its still running rough, couldnt find an OBD meter to hook up to my truck, called the peice of shit mechanic I took my truck to last month and he said 50$ just to hook it up and see what codes it throws..Fuck Him!

OBD 1 (pre 1995) or OBD 2(1995+)? I forgot which one you had.

Either way, its pretty cheap in this world.

On my 1995 Saturn, I had OBD 1 and there was only one place it town that had some real equipment to read it. I believe it was $100.

Not saying you should have paid it, because it is still expensive IMO, just giving you a reference that yes not the only mechanic doing it.

Saturday was brake swap day

IMG_7262_1.jpg

IMG_7291_1.jpg

A bit  off-center because I wanted to use a 10mm adapter plate, for strength

IMG_7287_1.jpg

IMG_7286_1.jpg

IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7302.jpg

IMG_7270_1.jpg

Today I will sort out the brake lines and then it's time to test it. The to do list for the Jeep just got much shorter. 

Looks like a nicer fit than on the bike. :)