Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I can guarantee they are not on there any more.   Both are simple tunes.  Well, the VVT might all be mechanical which would be outside of a tune.  I didn't even know this was part of the LS engines, nor do i see the point or how they would accomplish it on 2 valve heads.

2010 came with an L9H. Some are boosting with the VVT, no idea on the deactivation. Would prefer if neither existed. I don't pay for my gas so there is only a negative and no positive in having them. Have no idea what that means for the ECU though.
Seth said they used a phaser, so that would need to locked in place or removed and locked, so look for something of that nature.

Since you know who the tuner is, you should be able to call them, provide a VIN, and get all the tuning information.

FWIW most phasers use a lock pin to prevent phaser slap, or chain damage in the event of failure... and to reduce excessive emissions obviously. Most manufacturers disengage this pin with oil pressure by opening a galley with the solenoid at the same time as the phasing of the cam. Some work backwards of this, though. I think GM locks the cam retarded and disengages the pin and opens the phaser when cam advance is requested. I have seen the 6 liter motor with the cam phasers lose oil pressure, and watching the cam timing PID would indicate the cam being locked retarded naturally.

So are you saying a tuner would just hard pin this then?

I can guarantee they are not on there any more.   Both are simple tunes.  Well, the VVT might all be mechanical which would be outside of a tune.  I didn't even know this was part of the LS engines, nor do i see the point or how they would accomplish it on 2 valve heads.

2010 came with an L9H. Some are boosting with the VVT, no idea on the deactivation. Would prefer if neither existed. I don't pay for my gas so there is only a negative and no positive in having them. Have no idea what that means for the ECU though.

Seth said they used a phaser, so that would need to locked in place or removed and locked, so look for something of that nature.

Since you know who the tuner is, you should be able to call them, provide a VIN, and get all the tuning information.

FWIW most phasers use a lock pin to prevent phaser slap, or chain damage in the event of failure... and to reduce excessive emissions obviously. Most manufacturers disengage this pin with oil pressure by opening a galley with the solenoid at the same time as the phasing of the cam. Some work backwards of this, though. I think GM locks the cam retarded and disengages the pin and opens the phaser when cam advance is requested. I have seen the 6 liter motor with the cam phasers lose oil pressure, and watching the cam timing PID would indicate the cam being locked retarded naturally.

So are you saying a tuner would just hard pin this then?

Possibly. I would assume the signal is just deleted, though.

Sean, do you know of a good sushi place in the area? I've been wanting to try some good sushi, but don't know where to go.

Sean, do you know of a good sushi place in the area? I've been wanting to try some good sushi, but don't know where to go.

There are a shit load. Have you enjoyed it anywhere? And by area, do you mean the twin cities? If so, let me know which region. I've pretty much eaten at all of them. Sort of my default lunch when I am not at home, lol.

There are 2 great places near my house and a 3rd that is pretty good. By near I mean within 3mi. Tons in the city as well though too.

There are 2 great places near my house and a 3rd that is pretty good. By near I mean within 3mi. Tons in the city as well though too.

What one would you suggest as the best?

I wish seafood was palatable to me. Sushi looks good to me, but has never tastedgood at all.

J

Also,VA finally kicked in with back pay. Back to NY for christmas for me!!

J

Where in new york?

Also, any chance I can get some help on this guys? I am taking the little lady with me to NY for Christmas, and she doesn't have any real winter boots. Living in FL as you can imagine makes finding any instore a real PITA. Any reccomendations on something to keep her feet warm and dry? Trying not to spend a ton of money, but want them to look nice, and don't mind waterproofing myself.

J

Where in new york?

Olean/ friendship.

J

Cut some stainless today.

IMAG0157.jpg

Also, any chance I can get some help on this guys? I am taking the little lady with me to NY for Christmas, and she doesn't have any real winter boots. Living in FL as you can imagine makes finding any instore a real PITA. Any reccomendations on something to keep her feet warm and dry? Trying not to spend a ton of money, but want them to look nice, and don't mind waterproofing myself.

J

Walking or standing. It's only going to be used for this one trip? SorelS maybe? Edited by dem beats

IMAG0157.jpg

Nice!

Very cool!

ku-xlarge.gif

IMAG0157.jpg

Nice!
Very cool!

Thanks guys, this a secret project.

I don't wear winter boots, sorry that I am of no help in that department. If you are close to the city there is no snow and it's been in the upper 40s and low 50s. I would suggest thermal socks and something splash proof.

J

Some smartwool socks or similar and whatever she finds comfortable/cute for cheap, she will wear them for a week?  Heck, students here run sandals in the snow!  

Me, I've got a pair of thinsulate Danners on my feet right now.  

Temperatures above freezing aren't in the 7 day forecast here.  

She's from AZ so being outside in anything for more than a little bit under 50 and she is frozen. Should be running and shit in the snow, as well as walking around and possibly standing at a bills game.

Won't be even close to NYC, rather on the western side of the state. 800+ for round trip tickets plus a renta ride for a week or so and yea it's cheaper to drive. MUCH cheaper. Plus it's nice to see more of the country.

J

What one would you suggest as the best?
Best for what? ...and I don't mean sushi, that I know.

It is why I asked some other questions. Most people who haven't eaten a lot of sushi don't like the things that I may like, I want to make sure to send you to a logical choice noting your likes.

I wish seafood was palatable to me. Sushi looks good to me, but has never tastedgood at all.

J

You don't eat fish??? I'd understand if you said you won't eat chicken, but seriously fish?