Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Depending on the roll out of the new 800series the 690 might be in the running. I don't know if a single card will be able to push the rig though.

Just ordered a GTX 780 TI Superclocked... mmmm

Bastard.

I'm having trouble with my SLI 660Ti. I need more VRAM or much more bandwidth for my rig.....

And a working damn power supply.

yeah Im done with SLI, although I'm selling my 2gb 680 for really cheap if you're interested.

Depending on the roll out of the new 800series the 690 might be in the running. I don't know if a single card will be able to push the rig though.

The SC 780ti is close if not on the same level as the Titan.

The 690 is still almost as expensive as the titan, and is still less powerful as a 780ti and more expensive.

She's from AZ so being outside in anything for more than a little bit under 50 and she is frozen. Should be running and shit in the snow, as well as walking around and possibly standing at a bills game.Won't be even close to NYC, rather on the western side of the state. 800+ for round trip tickets plus a renta ride for a week or so and yea it's cheaper to drive. MUCH cheaper. Plus it's nice to see more of the country.J

Nothing comfortable for walking will be warm at a Bills game.
Figures. Any decent compromise you can suggest? I know me, i can get by with a pair of thick socks and my old combat boots just fine, but her I worry about.

J

Something ugg like. Those smart wool socks are awesome. I can link stuff when I'm home and not on my cellphone.

<-wearing smartwools atm as well.

Speaking of wool. I bought a smartwool merino wool baselayer. HOLY fucking hell is it awesome. Was fine at 75F and at 20F with nothing extra. Wicks away the sweat and enough warmth.

The SC 780ti is close if not on the same level as the Titan.

The 690 is still almost as expensive as the titan, and is still less powerful as a 780ti and more expensive.

I'm both an idiot and I agree. I meant 790, if they do make it.

780Ti will whip a titan for gaming alone.

It sounds like they have a titan 2 in the works and a 790 dual GPU.

For me it's just trying to drive so much realestate. The 3GB 660ti and it's smaller bandwidth bus are what limit me I think.

Bastard.

I'm having trouble with my SLI 660Ti. I need more VRAM or much more bandwidth for my rig.....

yeah Im done with SLI, although I'm selling my 2gb 680 for really cheap if you're interested.

I'm pretty sure I need an SLI for my rig. I don't think nvidia has a single card that can run 3 monitors in panoramic and a. Fourth 19x1200

My computer has serious gu band with issues, but I don't use it enough to validate any more spent on it

Speaking of wool. I bought a smartwool merino wool baselayer. HOLY fucking hell is it awesome. Was fine at 75F and at 20F with nothing extra. Wicks away the sweat and enough warmth.

No itch against your skin?

In my experience any of the ls based engines that have been modded, the vvt is removed and a different timing cover is used.

I'd like to get some smartwool layers, but just haven't ponied up the coin yet.  Wouldn't mind if I found some good merino undershirts since I won't wear synthetics since heat and them don't mix very well.

Bastard.

I'm pretty sure I need an SLI for my rig. I don't think nvidia has a single card that can run 3 monitors in panoramic and a. Fourth 19x1200
Honestly I would suggest no sli I have had so many issues with sli that's why I got rid of my 2 580s and 680s. The 680s scale pretty well I think I got like a 47% in fps but that's pretty rare. I HONESTLY suggest amd for multi monitor set up since they have more memory bandwidth than the nvidia cards do.The eyefinity is much better than surround evidently.

But I'd say setup to a 680 because you can get them super cheap since everyone is jumping on the 700 series. I mean if opt for 680 sli it pretty much dominates for the price.

Bastard.

Honestly I would suggest no sli I have had so many issues with sli that's why I got rid of my 2 580s and 680s. The 680s scale pretty well I think I got like a 47% in fps but that's pretty rare. I HONESTLY suggest amd for multi monitor set up since they have more memory bandwidth than the nvidia cards do.The eyefinity is much better than surround evidently.

But I'd say setup to a 680 because you can get them super cheap since everyone is jumping on the 700 series. I mean if opt for 680 sli it pretty much dominates for the price.

I might do the 680s Julian, but if the 860s come out with a 4GB or massively wide bus I will get a pair of those, the 790, or whatever is the best value from the 860's. For the deal I got my pair of 660Ti cards it's only a few bucks cheeper today. And I have a year and some on them. I usually jump 2 generations when I buy new cards.

If the 800 isn't insanely impressive, the 600's will drop naturally and maybe I can cop a pair of 690s!

:-)

I'm also not sure any single card can run all 4 monitors just because of the port limitations.

When the new series drop I will probably call nvidea/EVGA and whoever AMDs best brand is and ask them for advice.

When I moved to the 4 monitors with #4 being more than 1080, I needed an experimental driver just to run it, and the AMD I had access to wouldn't even handle it with eyefinity at that time.

I am so jealous of all of the video card talk

Cakes in the HOP!

I'm also not sure any single card can run all 4 monitors just because of the port limitations.

When the new series drop I will probably call nvidea/EVGA and whoever AMDs best brand is and ask them for advice.

When I moved to the 4 monitors with #4 being more than 1080, I needed an experimental driver just to run it, and the AMD I had access to wouldn't even handle it with eyefinity at that time.

IIRC Display port can support up to 3 monitors with a splitter >60$ usually. Normally the AMD stuff comes with a higher memory and thats always good for multi monitors.

Edited by Julian

The wife noticed the the cakes too. Thought it was strawbarries at a glance.

Nah, but I am not prone to that.

I'd like to get some smartwool layers, but just haven't ponied up the coin yet.  Wouldn't mind if I found some good merino undershirts since I won't wear synthetics since heat and them don't mix very well.

You are a normal size, I've seen Merino base layers in your size for $30. For me it's a hundo

Well, it isn't a 427 nor is it an LSX sad.png

IMG_7053_zps682adb45.jpg

Looks to me like stock block kicked out to a 417. Better than a 427 in that block though...just not what I was hoping for. Also means the trans is stock. sad.png I guess I shouldn't have expected a really built beast, but I wanted it to be rather badly.

And to correct myself from yesterday.

2007 L92 VVT

2009 L9H added flex fuel

2010 L94 added cyl deactivation

I wish seafood was palatable to me. Sushi looks good to me, but has never tastedgood at all.

J

Don't feel bad, bro... I love seafood but hate sushi.