Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

There are 2 great places near my house and a 3rd that is pretty good. By near I mean within 3mi. Tons in the city as well though too.

What one would you suggest as the best?
Best for what? ...and I don't mean sushi, that I know.It is why I asked some other questions. Most people who haven't eaten a lot of sushi don't like the things that I may like, I want to make sure to send you to a logical choice noting your likes.
I'm not a big fan of sushi rolls, but I would love some squid, eel, tuna, and other general cuts.
Ok, one more question. Classic Japanese or big portion for the $

I miss sushi here. Even if it's crappy sushi. Most places around here that have sushi are hipster fusion places that cost too much.

I'd make it at home more often then.

Any idea on the time it would take if I paid someone to swap long blocks on an Escalade? Going to price out building one.

Check out Thompson Motorsports for an LQ9 shortblock. No need for the longblock unless you want to swap in LS3 cylinder heads for higher compression, but on a FI (forced induction) engine your wouldn't want that.
Just send it to WoodHouse and let Mark work his magic. Just think of it as money. You can always make more.
This is my work car which I drive daily. They pay for it. If it were a fun car the logic you use is much more likely. Not opposed to someone else building it though, just can't make it much worse than if I do my own general contracting.

Any idea on the time it would take if I paid someone to swap long blocks on an Escalade? Going to price out building one.

Check out Thompson Motorsports for an LQ9 shortblock. No need for the longblock unless you want to swap in LS3 cylinder heads for higher compression, but on a FI (forced induction) engine your wouldn't want that.
Just send it to WoodHouse and let Mark work his magic. Just think of it as money. You can always make more.
forgot the LQ9 is a Gen 3 engine and he needs Gen 4. The L92 block is a great foundation. Keeping the weight about the same though you could go with the LS3 aluminum block and after supercharger and everything it would damn near put the front end weight back to stock.
Confused. The L92 and LS3 are almost the same where does the weight come from?

Back to stock weight is funny on a 6000lb truck

Of course I still want it to handle, lol

There are 2 great places near my house and a 3rd that is pretty good. By near I mean within 3mi. Tons in the city as well though too.

Best for what? ...and I don't mean sushi, that I know.It is why I asked some other questions. Most people who haven't eaten a lot of sushi don't like the things that I may like, I want to make sure to send you to a logical choice noting your likes.
I'm not a big fan of sushi rolls, but I would love some squid, eel, tuna, and other general cuts.
traditional

Well who wouldn't want a big ass tank to handle well? Lol

ME!  I know better.

For some reason I thought the L92 was an iron block

traditional
Huge fan of the Sakura in downtown St Paul for that. Was one of the original classically trained chefs in Japan that was imported to make sushi at the Riverview Place when it opened. After a short contract went and opened Sakura. Nice location right in the city as well.

ME!  I know better.
Caddy and my old Benz are about the same weight.

Yeah, I realize that didn't handle either but it gave you the confidence to try anyways.

My 4600lb, Lincoln is too much a pig for me to bother with.

My wildcat doesn't handle, at all. But the 400+ lb/ft of torque makes for some interesting traction issues.

Add to that the fact that I still have to fix the brakes to get them to function correctly. :whee:

traditional
Huge fan of the Sakura in downtown St Paul for that. Was one of the original classically trained chefs in Japan that was imported to make sushi at the Riverview Place when it opened. After a short contract went and opened Sakura. Nice location right in the city as well.
thank you. My wife will LOVE this!

traditional
thank you. My wife will LOVE this!
No worries. Between Matt & I we can probably give you references to about anything in the Mpls area.

If it were summer and you wanted large bits, Yumi's in Excelsior is a really cool stop. Yumi herself a sweetheart. She loves playing with my boys. smile.png

My wildcat doesn't handle, at all. But the 400+ lb/ft of torque makes for some interesting traction issues.

suv looking thing? I have traction issues in my vehicle also. Planning on selling it for something with even less traction though

My 4600lb, Lincoln is too much a pig for me to bother with.

A whopping 600lbs over a Mustang or 2120lbs more than a Rossion.

When I am ready my second car will handle, this is just to please me daily.

suv looking thing? I have traction issues in my vehicle also. Planning on selling it for something with even less traction though
Old Buick I bet

I miss sushi here. Even if it's crappy sushi. Most places around here that have sushi are hipster fusion places that cost too much.

I'd make it at home more often then.

I wish I could get the fish without driving 1.5 hours. Heck, I still probably can't get it there.

Speaking of horsepower. Anyone read the info on the new Gen Mustangs? The GT is gonna have more hp than this years and the ability to fit a 9.5 tire stock with the new rear end.

Might make for a nice high horse DD if they don't want an arm and a leg.