Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

What is "loud"?

In the doors you are going to be better off with something that is good off axis, but those never play well down low. The Anarchy can reach up higher than dedicated midbasses, but it isn't its forte. Considering it is the doors nearly any full format tweeter works.

The HDS is reasonable if it isn't terribly off axis. It won't be "loud" per se, but you are going to be limited by the mid anyways and not the tweeter.

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-soft-dome-tweeters/scanspeak-discovery-d2608/9130-1-textile-dome-hds-tweeter/

At that price point they are winners. If you want to spend less they are other options. I don't think they are perfect for your needs, but nothing can replace horns.

Lol. Thanks Sean. I'm always willing to spend less. The performance matters to me. I might even glass the pillars. I have a fiberglass guy. If I were to move them to the A pillars, is there a less expensive option? Or better option?

Have you actually decided on a vehicle?

there is NO way that happened. LOL

We HAVE a winner

What is "loud"?

In the doors you are going to be better off with something that is good off axis, but those never play well down low. The Anarchy can reach up higher than dedicated midbasses, but it isn't its forte. Considering it is the doors nearly any full format tweeter works.

The HDS is reasonable if it isn't terribly off axis. It won't be "loud" per se, but you are going to be limited by the mid anyways and not the tweeter.

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-soft-dome-tweeters/scanspeak-discovery-d2608/9130-1-textile-dome-hds-tweeter/

At that price point they are winners. If you want to spend less they are other options. I don't think they are perfect for your needs, but nothing can replace horns.

Lol. Thanks Sean. I'm always willing to spend less. The performance matters to me. I might even glass the pillars. I have a fiberglass guy. If I were to move them to the A pillars, is there a less expensive option? Or better option?
Better is relative and tweeters are personal. Last time I bought tweeters I think I bought 8 different ones and listened to them.

There is some logic in seeing what is used and desirable enough to resell. Buy those and figure out what you like or don't like about them. If there is nothing you don't like then keep them.

As for cheaper options. Vifa XT25, Usher 9950, Dayton RS28, Morel MDT 29/30 are all units I've played with that could be fine in your application. All are a bit rough off axis to varying degrees though so mounting considerations are necessary.

I called my boss to see if getting an older car that would be "mine" at the end of the lease would be okay and he raised my lease allowance by $75/mo and then said yes. LOL.

Fuck the damn Infiniti though. I can't stand Japanese shit.

My problem is I've got the customization itch and I am so slow at it that I don't want to be hogtied by a lease term in getting it done and back.

LOL-  decisions decisions.

Might be snatching up 3 little US Acoustics amps, for no good reason.

I need to do this to mine

Might be snatching up 3 little US Acoustics amps, for no good reason.

Are they red? I've gotten a few US acoustics amps from that guy ;). great deal. 

As of Wednesday next week I have no car :eek:

Through Sunday I have a C300. SICK of that. Then the W's XC90

I'll sell ya a Mark.

Sean, can you point me to some links on making your own sushi. I would give it a try at some point.

Buy raw fish. Cut it up. Serve...

What's better for $100-150 midbass in the doors? And what about the tweeters Sean.

Sorry man. Newborn. No sleep lol

The tweeters you selected make no sense. Their design goals and installation requirements are on completely different ends of the spectrum.

Where in new york?

Olean/ friendship.

J

Seriously? I thought you were from Buffalo. My grandparents had 100 acres in Phillips Creek near Almond on North Road near Belmont. Do you know Palmer's pond? I spent my entire summer vacation there every year, and most weekends and holidays during the school year. I grew up down there hunting woodcock, ruffed grouse, pheasant, woodchuck, and obviously deer...

Yes I do. Spent many a drunken evenings, hikes, and such out that way.

As you know 98% of people you meet do not know that area worth a damn, so Buffalo makes it easier. Plus most of my family is from Kenmore/Tonawanda.

J

Cool!

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=north+road+almond+ny&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89d18bad2741028f:0x8965e9f106862ab1,N+Rd,+Almond,+NY+14804&gl=us&ei=x4GiUqDVKoy3kAffpYC4Aw&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

that was their property. It's western edge was the North Road itself. The unnamed road just south of ponderosa road was their driveway, and the north end of their property. It continued back close to the creek that leads straight to the east from the driveway. The south end of their property was the road next to the large field there. I used to sit at the top corner of that field and pick off woodchuck with my 22-250. Their big house was right at the pond on the property. If you follow the creek back you will see an opening. That was an old cabin they had found on the property when they bought it. They "fixed it up" and used it for years when they visited. We heated the cabin and cooked on a truly old school wood stove. It had the pull out plates on top and you dropped coils into the opening to cook. I remember when they just had an outhouse before they added a small bathroom to the side. They built the big house out front later and retired there.

Stove_Full_Front.jpg

That is really close to the stove used to heat the cabin and cook on.

Those were the best times in my life. Good memories.

What's better for $100-150 midbass in the doors? And what about the tweeters Sean.

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/featured-for-mg04a00409/anarchy.html

WTF? Seriously?

Did they buy the design from Exodus?

Yeah Exodus was closing up and I think that someone jumped in and bought them. I THINK

WTF? Seriously?

Yeah Exodus was closing up and I think that someone jumped in and bought them. I THINK

From the site...

"As we all know from the website, DIY Cable-Exodus is (sadly) closing down. The 6.5" Anarchy woofer that Kevin designed not only works as a woofer or midwoofer, but also as a subwoofer with it's massive 25mm peak-peak xmax.  There are quite a few speaker, subwoofer, and tapped horn designs that revolve around the Anarchy and many people were hoping it wouldn't go away.  I'm happy to say that Kevin has agreed to let me keep this little beast in production at the same manufacturer, keeping the same specs, using the same materials as before.  

The Anarchy was originally produced as an 8 Ohm woofer.  But there were many requests for a 4 Ohm version that would allow for more speaker design options and be more car audio friendly.  The manufacturer agreed to allow for a split order so the DIY Community can have access to both models.  This will require a fairly significant number to be purchased, so I've set up a preorder for anyone that would like to help out and be part of this.  

When these arrive, there will be quite a few new speaker designs and kits made up.  Future designs will include 2, 2.5, and 3 way speakers, small sealed and ported subwoofers, and the highly requested tapped horn.  Basically, you'll have many designs to work with. If you're not 100% sure if you'll need the 4 ohm or 8 ohm model, you can select 'undecided' so you can pick the correct one for your needs once they become available."

ku-xlarge.gif

I want!!!

Is that Nurburgring?

Yes sir.  Stunning car, supposedly did a 6:47.

I would love to see that. That is a record for street legal if that is the case.

IMO that car is the most stunning vehicle I have ever seen. I always loved the F1, it has always been my favorite car of all time... but I think the P1 takes the cake. The P1 reaches 186mph a full 5.5 seconds quicker than the F1, and it is so refined comparatively. The F1 was a no frills race car. It is still the fastest production naturally aspirated car 20 years after it was developed. The P1 just oozes sex though. It is all about class and power.

WTF? Seriously?

From the site...

"As we all know from the website, DIY Cable-Exodus is (sadly) closing down. The 6.5" Anarchy woofer that Kevin designed not only works as a woofer or midwoofer, but also as a subwoofer with it's massive 25mm peak-peak xmax.  There are quite a few speaker, subwoofer, and tapped horn designs that revolve around the Anarchy and many people were hoping it wouldn't go away.  I'm happy to say that Kevin has agreed to let me keep this little beast in production at the same manufacturer, keeping the same specs, using the same materials as before.  

The Anarchy was originally produced as an 8 Ohm woofer.  But there were many requests for a 4 Ohm version that would allow for more speaker design options and be more car audio friendly.  The manufacturer agreed to allow for a split order so the DIY Community can have access to both models.  This will require a fairly significant number to be purchased, so I've set up a preorder for anyone that would like to help out and be part of this.  

When these arrive, there will be quite a few new speaker designs and kits made up.  Future designs will include 2, 2.5, and 3 way speakers, small sealed and ported subwoofers, and the highly requested tapped horn.  Basically, you'll have many designs to work with. If you're not 100% sure if you'll need the 4 ohm or 8 ohm model, you can select 'undecided' so you can pick the correct one for your needs once they become available."

Sweet. Many thanks!