Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So what's a good knife sharpener for kitchen knifes?

Do you mean conditioner or sharpener?

Sharpening shouldn't need to be done often. I rarely do it yearly even. COnditioning on the other hand should be done every time you pick up the knife. For that buy whatever wide reasonable priced from a real knife manufacturer ceramic or diamond hone you can find on amazon atm.

For sharpening, a 1000g and 6000grit stone are enough. 10k for sushi knives doesn't suck. If you treat your knives like shit you will need something more coarse than 1000.

Sharpening I use cardboard wheels on a grinder.  

I also have a ceramic stick that I try to use on the knives every time, haven't actually 'sharpened' my 10" chefs knife before though.  

You use a 10"? Would have figured an 8, I have an 8,10,12 and the 12 is FUCKING huge.

I've got a 10" and like it.  Now my knife skills are rather crappy, but I think an 8" would be to small.  

I also think a 12" would be unwieldy and way to huge.  

Got the evic today, and so far I'm loving it.

Terribly interested in your observations. What are you running on it? I am looking at clearomozers for outside use (I think I have narrowed it down to Aspire BDC tanks, most notably the ETS, the Vivi Nova S and the Anyvape Davide which uses the Aspire heads ), and I am on the fence about atomizers. I am thinking about the eVic atomizer.

Last night my son's best friend's father came by my house. He bought a telescoping mech mod with a rebuildable drip atomizer and several juices. He brought 2 of the big 18650 batteries (a 20 amp and 30 amp battery) and the small 18350 battery, so I could see and try each one. It was truly a cool experience. The different batteries behaved differently (he did not have a variable voltage or variable wattage set up), which shocked me. They were all 3.8V batteries. So I am anxious to get my first mod, and I am interested in seeing how it compares to a mech mod.

Personally I'd avoid mechanic mods. Battery life is terrible on them and the cheap mods are terrible. Some of them have cheap switches which takes little pressure to get them burning.learned that the hard way. Personally I don't like drip mods, yeah you get fresh juice every time but it's very time consuming to constantly drip new juice on the coils. Rebuilding coils is pretty cool but honestly the best clouds I've gotten have been out of my kanger pro tanks.

I've got a 10" and like it.  Now my knife skills are rather crappy, but I think an 8" would be to small.

10's are really unusual, 8's are the defacto standard. Never seen a 10 demo'd outside of the Kitchen Window here in MN and they never come in kits. Most people pick my 10 up and shit...I shit when I pick up the 12.

So is the Halo triton starter kit a good place to start to get my girlfriend? She has ever smoke e cigs and never uses it, but the idea of liquids interests her. She hates smoking and only smokes a half a pack a day. I know nothing but I know that you fine gents can help me.

10's are really unusual, 8's are the defacto standard. Never seen a 10 demo'd outside of the Kitchen Window here in MN and they never come in kits. Most people pick my 10 up and shit...I shit when I pick up the 12.

Amazon shows I bought it through them 3 years ago.  I think I had bought an 8" local and thought I would like a 10 so I returned it and been pleased ever since.  I made a wood covered magnetic knife rack and have a 10", 4 or 5" and a 3" paring knife up there.  Pretty much always reach for the 10", the wife reaches for a smaller one.  

Most commonly use it for cutting up hunks of meat though, loins, roasts, etc.  

Project on the list for today/tomorrow is pocket doors.  30" wide, 10' tall and go around a I beam for crane access.  Including the hanging/adjustment hardware.  Should be a blast.  

So is the Halo triton starter kit a good place to start to get my girlfriend? She has ever smoke e cigs and never uses it, but the idea of liquids interests her. She hates smoking and only smokes a half a pack a day. I know nothing but I know that you fine gents can help me.

Yeah the halos are good, but IMO the E-Go Twists are the best starter. http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_650mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tst.htm

If I were to go with the ego twist set up. Which batteries and sstuff should I look at?

If I were to go with the ego twist set up. Which batteries and sstuff should I look at?

I really like the kanger tanks personally. I buy all of my liquids off of mtbakervapor

Have you had any issues with batteries yet? That was one our biggest issues with the eversmoke. The batteries didn't last long at all.

I actually have a centrifugal in the basement as well. Stupid powerdyne though so it isn't worth plumbing in.

Hmm, I want boost in the Miata. 

Details on the powerdyne? Noisy? Lots of lag?

Have you had any issues with batteries yet? That was one our biggest issues with the eversmoke. The batteries didn't last long at all.

I like the Triton. I have a Triton Variable Voltage battery and it is the same thing as an eGo Twist, but it uses vGo threads and an 801 instead of eGo/501. Plus all their stuff is made in the good old US of A.

I vape with it all day and have never killed it. I started with the Halo G6, bought the mini tanks, and decided to step

up to the Triton. I'm glad I did. The good thing about Halo is their points system (if you buy online). Their juices are very good and their CS is solid.

Terribly interested in your observations. What are you running on it? I am looking at clearomozers for outside use (I think I have narrowed it down to Aspire BDC tanks, most notably the ETS, the Vivi Nova S and the Anyvape Davide which uses the Aspire heads ), and I am on the fence about atomizers. I am thinking about the eVic atomizer.

Last night my son's best friend's father came by my house. He bought a telescoping mech mod with a rebuildable drip atomizer and several juices. He brought 2 of the big 18650 batteries (a 20 amp and 30 amp battery) and the small 18350 battery, so I could see and try each one. It was truly a cool experience. The different batteries behaved differently (he did not have a variable voltage or variable wattage set up), which shocked me. They were all 3.8V batteries. So I am anxious to get my first mod, and I am interested in seeing how it compares to a mech mod.

Personally I'd avoid mechanic mods. Battery life is terrible on them and the cheap mods are terrible. Some of them have cheap switches which takes little pressure to get them burning.learned that the hard way. Personally I don't like drip mods, yeah you get fresh juice every time but it's very time consuming to constantly drip new juice on the coils. Rebuilding coils is pretty cool but honestly the best clouds I've gotten have been out of my kanger pro tanks.

His was pretty solid. I was impressed for what he had in it.

Dripping I am on the fence on. I have a 501 atty and it is OK. It is great for trying friend's juices but it is a lot of work. I am contemplating a nice atomizer for just hanging out at the house. The clouds on his were amazing, and the flavor was mind blowing. But it is definitely not how I will use it for the most part, which is why I am using mostly clearos/glassos.

I am hearing mixed opinions on the Kanger. My local Vape shop owner said she used to use them but they had leakage issues. She went to the Aspire tanks, which are cheaper, and she says they are better all the way around, except the Kangers are easier to clean up. I have also read a lot of issues with the Kangers leaking. People love them, or they hate them... there is no in between. I will be needing a few tanks, so I may try 1 Aspire Vivi nova and the Aspire ETS. I am thinking about grabbing an Aspire Davide, which is essentially a Protank with Aspire heads. But I am on the fence about the Davide or the Innokin I30, as I have read a shit ton of good stuff about it. It seems to be everyone's "always go back to" device.

I am going with the all black eVic. I am getting both the 18650 and 18350 tubes. I figure for ~$20 more I'll just try the smaller battery and tube as well, for portability sake.

My biggest concern at the end of the day is making sure she has all that she needs so that she doesn't go back to cigarettes. I don't smoke anything and never have. I know she wants to quit, but with all of her smoker friends in college cold turkey hasn't worked. And she needs something to do while in the car as well.

His was pretty solid. I was impressed for what he had in it.

Dripping I am on the fence on. I have a 501 atty and it is OK. It is great for trying friend's juices but it is a lot of work. I am contemplating a nice atomizer for just hanging out at the house. The clouds on his were amazing, and the flavor was mind blowing. But it is definitely not how I will use it for the most part, which is why I am using mostly clearos/glassos.

I am hearing mixed opinions on the Kanger. My local Vape shop owner said she used to use them but they had leakage issues. She went to the Aspire tanks, which are cheaper, and she says they are better all the way around, except the Kangers are easier to clean up. I have also read a lot of issues with the Kangers leaking. People love them, or they hate them... there is no in between. I will be needing a few tanks, so I may try 1 Aspire Vivi nova and the Aspire ETS. I am thinking about grabbing an Aspire Davide, which is essentially a Protank with Aspire heads. But I am on the fence about the Davide or the Innokin I30, as I have read a shit ton of good stuff about it. It seems to be everyone's "always go back to" device.

I am going with the all black eVic. I am getting both the 18650 and 18350 tubes. I figure for ~$20 more I'll just try the smaller battery and tube as well, for portability sake.

My orig protank would leak occasionally when its extremely hot. The only issues I had with my orig one was spitback, which sucks.. But my protank 3 has zero issues, I really like it.. all parts are interchangeable and its very solid IMO

My biggest concern at the end of the day is making sure she has all that she needs so that she doesn't go back to cigarettes. I don't smoke anything and never have. I know she wants to quit, but with all of her smoker friends in college cold turkey hasn't worked. And she needs something to do while in the car as well.

An extra  battery, a car charger, and maybe a take-along bottle of juice. Normally a bottle of juice will last me about a week. But honestly probably 1/3 of that is just washed down the drain from changing flavors. I ended up getting another tank just so I could change out my 3 current favorite flavors. 

Almost everyone I know who vapes, quits smoking. Or at least cuts down so much it doesn't matter. The vapor is much much much less trauma to your lungs from what we know now.

No reason to think otherwise.

There is also the added benefit that half of them have gone down to almost not even vaping. Just once a day for your normal day. This is from pack a day junkies. :-)

They also don't smell. That is maybe the absolute best part about it. Smells like waffles, or what ever flavor they get. It takes all the mystique and hassle out of smoking.

Currently vaping some Root Beer from MTbakervapor with 3x flavor shots.. Damn its good.