Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I cannot imagine a cigar being replaced by a vape, but who knows. I don't smoke inside the house though so maybe it would change my attitude.

No, I agree. I have found myself vaping things I would never have imagined, but I can't see the sheer joy of a cigar infused into a PG/VG base.

Smoke and bourbon.

Can't be replicated yet. :-)

I have seen a "top shelf bourbon" vape before... I am just afraid to try it because I am so picky about bourbons.

I think it would be easier to get close to good bourbon than good cigar smoke... But yeah... Neither seem feasible to recreate.

Especially as I am now a fan of the burn of both. Sometimes I like a little extra pain in the smoke or the bourbon.

:-)

Monte's can be pretty good. But almost double the price of Cane.

Honestly, they were a disappointment.  They were pricey in Belize (~$15 for a petit) and downright  expensive in Rome (22 Euro for a grande), and IMO not worth 1/2 the price. The cigars in Irvine were ~$12 a pop, and the ones in Key West were only 4 for $15 IIRC. Super cheap, but amazing all the way through.

Pretty obvious when you look at countries where they avoid processed crap versus us and the "allergies" they have versus what is here. It is definitely a fundamental cause.

Yeah, nevermind the fact that they don't load the masses down with bullshit immunizations and saturate the population with various antibiotics and antiseptic solutions like our civilized culture does.

Our culture breeds a lack of antibodies though out overzealous attempts to eradicate the very germs that we used to build our immune systems with.

Chicken and our diets are not the issue.

It is amazing how much of trouble starts in the gut. Obviously a ton of other BS.

Antibacterial soap is perfect. Make it so you never see bacteria, that way when it comes along you get super fucked. Duh.

As I work on Valentines day I will be ordering the crab tomorrow.

We get some pretty great local crab around here but it's only the pricey size.
That is a different beast.

Monte's can be pretty good. But almost double the price of Cane.

Honestly, they were a disappointment.  They were pricey in Belize (~$15 for a petit) and downright  expensive in Rome (22 Euro for a grande), and IMO not worth 1/2 the price. The cigars in Irvine were ~$12 a pop, and the ones in Key West were only 4 for $15 IIRC. Super cheap, but amazing all the way through.

Lord, last Cristo I bought was $4.50

Pretty obvious when you look at countries where they avoid processed crap versus us and the "allergies" they have versus what is here. It is definitely a fundamental cause.

Yeah, nevermind the fact that they don't load the masses down with bullshit immunizations and saturate the population with various antibiotics and antiseptic solutions like our civilized culture does.

Our culture breeds a lack of antibodies though out overzealous attempts to eradicate the very germs that we used to build our immune systems with.

It is amazing how much of trouble starts in the gut. Obviously a ton of other BS.

Antibacterial soap is perfect. Make it so you never see bacteria, that way when it comes along you get super fucked. Duh.

That was kinda my point.

We get so sick because of such "advancements", not because of chicken.

That was kinda my point.

We get so sick because of such "advancements", not because of chicken.

It is everywhere, I avoid as much of it as possible. It isn't just chicken. What you ingest these days is nasty and that is the biggest difference between our culture and the rest of the West.

Just to add to the car drama my Mom calls me today saying her "new" car is giving her a "dynamic drive malfunction" error. The car is a 2010 535i with ~29,000 miles. I went over to check the idrive because she doesn't know how to use it and it is saying something like increased body roll avoid high speed cornering? I've searched and can't really find anything relevant aside from one thread on a 7 series forum. Any ideas? I'm taking the car to BMW Saturday I guess. I drove it around a bit and it feels fine.

Just to add to the car drama my Mom calls me today saying her "new" car is giving her a "dynamic drive malfunction" error. The car is a 2010 535i with ~29,000 miles. I went over to check the idrive because she doesn't know how to use it and it is saying something like increased body roll avoid high speed cornering? I've searched and can't really find anything relevant aside from one thread on a 7 series forum. Any ideas? I'm taking the car to BMW Saturday I guess. I drove it around a bit and it feels fine.

Likely a simple steering angle sensor recalibration is all that is needed. I see it a lot on BMWs after a battery replacement.

Too bad you don't live closer. I would flash it for you in under 5 minutes.

Likely a simple steering angle sensor recalibration is all that is needed. I see it a lot on BMWs after a battery replacement.

Too bad you don't live closer. I would flash it for you in under 5 minutes.

Oh how I hope your right. The battery was replaced about 300-500 miles ago when she bought it. Thank you for at least giving me an idea.

Seth, have you tried a dark lightning milk stout by thunder canyon? It's a brewery in Tucson so I don't know how far they distribute.

gonna start making my own e-liquid. Been studying the methods and proper proportions. I have also found out how to test for proper nic levels. I should have all my equipment, PV, VG, and nicotine supplies here within a couple weeks. Flavoring is being extracted now. I have a local shop who is going to act as my supply chain. The owner is getting me all the supplies and equipment at cost. She has been a strong advocate in my journey thus far, but with my reading and learning I have surpassed her knowledge.

IMO her best liquid supplier is a fuckin' douche. I have been to his shop, and found him to be a real used car salesman type. He has said stuff to me about her I didn't really like. Come to find out, he has said some real arseho-ish stuff to her. My goal is to knock him out of her shop and help her provide a better product. His flavors are more on-par with the actual original extract, but IMO they are a bit flat unless used in a dripper. I think he could add a bit more flavor, and maybe sweeten some stuff. It is good, but lacking. From my research, I think I can really open up some flavors with common household flavorings.

My initial investment is moderate, but I stand to start making money within a month. If it takes off I will be buying my supplies in larger quantities with better pricing. But it will require reinvesting all my initial profits. After that it could be fairly lucrative.

When I get some stuff going I will be glad to send some out to you guys here who vape. It would also be killer if you guys could provide me with some ideas of what you want to try. I don't mind stepping outside my comfort zone with mixing, but some of them may take some playing with. I am starting with a couple fruits, a couple sweets, and a few blends. I have found some extraction methods for various tobaccos, and I will give them a shot after a couple batches. Extraction is fairly simple, but costly compared to other less expensive sources. One that I plan on developing as similar to a sweet and mild. I will run a small batch of tobacco as I know a few people locally who are interested in straight tobacco. I have gathered a few recipes I am comfortable with, so I see them as being a reality within a month's time.

What extraction method will you be using?

Freezing alcohol. Basically similar to Rick Simpson's hash oil extraction, except instead of boiling off the alcohol you freeze the extract and remove the alcohol.

I'm definitely interested bro. I started smoking Lucky Strike Non-Filters when I was 13, then filters, then Reds, then Wides, then switched to Menthols when I was deployed since it was all that was available at the time. I've found myself addicted to 50/50 pg/vg 18mg Nicotine fruit + menthol flavors. If you can make me a grape, watermelon, menthol flavor, I'll buy. I love supporting the startups! However the B&M stores are a raping. I was out of liquid and ran up to a store in town. Paid 13 fucking dollars for 15mL of an inappropriately named semi-decent product. I'm sorry, I'm a white country boy from Yuba City that moved to the city of Sacramento, and I find PURPLE SPADE as a grape watermelon, menthol flavor pretty offensive. YIKES.

Umm, I was comparing to the West. We aren't winning there and get smoked by Japan.

I bet we'd win in the length of time that our bodies are underground and don't rot too, laugh.png

Wish I knew where my old Swatch Watches were.

Mine is with my ex.

Sounds familiar.

Seth, have you tried a dark lightning milk stout by thunder canyon? It's a brewery in Tucson so I don't know how far they distribute.

It is pretty good!

Wish I knew where my old Swatch Watches were.

Probably right next to your Oakley Razor's. 

It is pretty good!

Sweet, generally I like IPAs but I think I'll have to try it when I'm there in a few weeks. :D

How do I make that show up?

Right click on the actual video and hit copy video URL, then copy and paste. That simple.

On Chrome it does a pop up on the video, copy and paste the pop-up that appears on the video.