Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Well shit, someone beat me to it.

Close,but not what I would have done.

Vocalist was so drunk when recording this track he doesn't even remember most of the lyrics.

Related:

Dafuq, forum software??

No worries. :)

The local grouse is pretty good too.

I love me some ruffed grouse. I used to hunt them in WNY when I was younger. You need a good dog for them, and my uncle had a killer Irish Setter named Clancey. One year we were hunting with her and a pack of wild dogs got after her. Before we could get to her they had ripped her apart. They tore her back legs off her then started digging into her gut. We had to put her down.

I never hunted grouse again.

Pretty obvious when you look at countries where they avoid processed crap versus us and the "allergies" they have versus what is here. It is definitely a fundamental cause.

Yeah, nevermind the fact that they don't load the masses down with bullshit immunizations and saturate the population with various antibiotics and antiseptic solutions like our civilized culture does.

Our culture breeds a lack of antibodies though out overzealous attempts to eradicate the very germs that we used to build our immune systems with.

Chicken and our diets are not the issue.

gonna start making my own e-liquid. Been studying the methods and proper proportions. I have also found out how to test for proper nic levels. I should have all my equipment, PV, VG, and nicotine supplies here within a couple weeks. Flavoring is being extracted now. I have a local shop who is going to act as my supply chain. The owner is getting me all the supplies and equipment at cost. She has been a strong advocate in my journey thus far, but with my reading and learning I have surpassed her knowledge.

IMO her best liquid supplier is a fuckin' douche. I have been to his shop, and found him to be a real used car salesman type. He has said stuff to me about her I didn't really like. Come to find out, he has said some real asshole-ish stuff to her. My goal is to knock him out of her shop and help her provide a better product. His flavors are more on-par with the actual original extract, but IMO they are a bit flat unless used in a dripper. I think he could add a bit more flavor, and maybe sweeten some stuff. It is good, but lacking. From my research, I think I can really open up some flavors with common household flavorings.

My initial investment is moderate, but I stand to start making money within a month. If it takes off I will be buying my supplies in larger quantities with better pricing. But it will require reinvesting all my initial profits. After that it could be fairly lucrative.

When I get some stuff going I will be glad to send some out to you guys here who vape. It would also be killer if you guys could provide me with some ideas of what you want to try. I don't mind stepping outside my comfort zone with mixing, but some of them may take some playing with. I am starting with a couple fruits, a couple sweets, and a few blends. I have found some extraction methods for various tobaccos, and I will give them a shot after a couple batches. Extraction is fairly simple, but costly compared to other less expensive sources. One that I plan on developing as similar to a sweet and mild. I will run a small batch of tobacco as I know a few people locally who are interested in straight tobacco. I have gathered a few recipes I am comfortable with, so I see them as being a reality within a month's time.

What extraction method will you be using?

Freezing alcohol. Basically similar to Rick Simpson's hash oil extraction, except instead of boiling off the alcohol you freeze the extract and remove the alcohol.

Any tutorials or are you just using Rick Simpson's vid? I just got a high CBD strain from my breeder. 

As far as extracting tobacco, I am using a bunch of info I found on the ECF. I have tried extracting oil from buds using RSO methood. I found it to be less desirable than BHO. Safer, perhaps, but not worth it. It was runny and loaded with plant material. My yeild was greater, but the potency and flavor was not as good.

If you want more info on RSO and freezing impurities out of RSO look at fuckcombustion.com. But I suggest using butane, 3X purified.

I don't know of any better method than butane, just do it in ventilated area and not near any sparks.

Compressed CO2 is better for a pure base, but the cost is exceedingly high. When I run BHO I always extract it outdoors, away from everything electronic. I don't even bring my cell phone with me. My back deck is above ground, so I usually do it there and let the butane sink beneath the deck boards. I have read about people doing it near their air conditioners and when the exchanger fan starts up it ignites the butane. I have also read about a cell phone ringing and igniting the butane. While it is the most cost effective and best method for those of us without the resources to run CO2, it is also, by far, the most dangerous method.

As I work on Valentines day I will be ordering the crab tomorrow.

We get some pretty great local crab around here but it's only the pricey size.

OK, so we got some snow today. Not a shit ton, maybe 4 inches so far. But my normal 30-40 minute drive was slightly increased to 3 hours and 15 fucking minutes... Seriously? These fucking morons can't drive in 4 inches of snow? It literally, LITERALLY, took me 30 minutes to drive 1/2 a mile.

I miss the people from Buffalo... not only my friends, but the people that understand how to drive in FOUR FUCKING INCHES OF GODAMN SNOW!!! Thank God I bought a bottle of Redbreast at lunch. I drank 2/3 of it on the way home...

gonna start making my own e-liquid. Been studying the methods and proper proportions. I have also found out how to test for proper nic levels. I should have all my equipment, PV, VG, and nicotine supplies here within a couple weeks. Flavoring is being extracted now. I have a local shop who is going to act as my supply chain. The owner is getting me all the supplies and equipment at cost. She has been a strong advocate in my journey thus far, but with my reading and learning I have surpassed her knowledge.

IMO her best liquid supplier is a fuckin' douche. I have been to his shop, and found him to be a real used car salesman type. He has said stuff to me about her I didn't really like. Come to find out, he has said some real asshole-ish stuff to her. My goal is to knock him out of her shop and help her provide a better product. His flavors are more on-par with the actual original extract, but IMO they are a bit flat unless used in a dripper. I think he could add a bit more flavor, and maybe sweeten some stuff. It is good, but lacking. From my research, I think I can really open up some flavors with common household flavorings.

My initial investment is moderate, but I stand to start making money within a month. If it takes off I will be buying my supplies in larger quantities with better pricing. But it will require reinvesting all my initial profits. After that it could be fairly lucrative.

When I get some stuff going I will be glad to send some out to you guys here who vape. It would also be killer if you guys could provide me with some ideas of what you want to try. I don't mind stepping outside my comfort zone with mixing, but some of them may take some playing with. I am starting with a couple fruits, a couple sweets, and a few blends. I have found some extraction methods for various tobaccos, and I will give them a shot after a couple batches. Extraction is fairly simple, but costly compared to other less expensive sources. One that I plan on developing as similar to a sweet and mild. I will run a small batch of tobacco as I know a few people locally who are interested in straight tobacco. I have gathered a few recipes I am comfortable with, so I see them as being a reality within a month's time.

How about Cuban cigar flavor.

Driving in snow is fun! I understand your frustration Seth.

Pretty obvious when you look at countries where they avoid processed crap versus us and the "allergies" they have versus what is here. It is definitely a fundamental cause.

Yeah, nevermind the fact that they don't load the masses down with bullshit immunizations and saturate the population with various antibiotics and antiseptic solutions like our civilized culture does.

Our culture breeds a lack of antibodies though out overzealous attempts to eradicate the very germs that we used to build our immune systems with.

You eat more antibiotics in your animal products more than anyone will ever be exposed to in their lifetime. Unless you have some kind of horrific accident like my uncle or if you have a serious surgery.

Chickens get dosed with about as much as we do for our whole life, and I bet you have eaten more than one chickens worth. Even organic chickens do.

Maybe not you but most Americans have.

I cannot imagine a cigar being replaced by a vape, but who knows. I don't smoke inside the house though so maybe it would change my attitude.

More snow, YAY!

How about Cuban cigar flavor.

I have kicked around cigar, but I am at a quandary... With cigs, the flavor is a lot different than cigar. Most cig tobaccos don't vape like a cig tastes. But it is acceptable. Pipe tobacco (and frankly I consider an aromatic cigar like a B&M to be essentially a pipe) is easily doable. I have had fair cig tobaccos, and some fantastic pipe tobaccos, but never a good cigar tobacco vape. FWIW, I may never touch a cigarette again, but I am due for a cigar, and will continue to enjoy one as I feel the urge.

Also, FWIW, I was not impressed with the 2 Cubans I have had. Not sure if you have actually tried one, but I had one in Belize and one in Rome. They were not bad, per se, but they were not impressive. They started really nice, but halfway through they both seemed to load up and tasted like a fuckin' ashtray. I threw one out, and still have the remains of the one I bought in Rome in the tube it came in. In all honestly, I have had 2 cigars that really blew my mind, although I have had at least 50 I really enjoyed. One was in a shop in Irvine CA (Sean, if you like cigars, you should look for this shop as it is just a dozen miles from your place at Laguna) at the Irvine Spectrum. The man will assess your preference, cut your leaf and roll your cigar right on the spot. You can enjoy it right in the store. The other one was, believe it or not, at a street vendor right down the road from Margaritaville, in Key West... just a couple blocks from the big cruise ship docks.

Driving in snow is fun! I understand your frustration Seth.

I love driving in snow. I hate the drivers.

You eat more antibiotics in your animal products more than anyone will ever be exposed to in their lifetime. Unless you have some kind of horrific accident like my uncle or if you have a serious surgery.

Chickens get dosed with about as much as we do for our whole life, and I bet you have eaten more than one chickens worth. Even organic chickens do.

Maybe not you but most Americans have.

Antibiotc halflife equates to you never ingesting the anti-biotics they take in.

And after 11 major surgeries for my cancer, as well as a staph infection I caught wile in the hospital, I promise you I have taken in way more antibiotics than any bird or full on farm of birds, on the planet. Not only that, but as a child who had ear infections all the time (I mean easily a dozen a year), tonsillitis a million and a half times, and several broken bones, been stabbed 3 times, etc... I am a walking antibiotic farm.

I cannot imagine a cigar being replaced by a vape, but who knows. I don't smoke inside the house though so maybe it would change my attitude.

No, I agree. I have found myself vaping things I would never have imagined, but I can't see the sheer joy of a cigar infused into a PG/VG base.

Cuban seeds raised in the Dominican FTW.

Cane Daytona or Cane F1 if you really want to blast off.

Melli but full ligaro

Cuban seeds raised in the Dominican FTW.

Cane Daytona or Cane F1 if you really want to blast off.

Melli but full ligaro

IMAG0201_zpsc4e31c09.jpg

Lol... I didn't realise there was a vape coil sitting on my endtable until I just took that pic.

No, I agree. I have found myself vaping things I would never have imagined, but I can't see the sheer joy of a cigar infused into a PG/VG base.

Smoke and bourbon.

Can't be replicated yet. :-)

J what website did you recommend BTW? I need to start ordering my sticks online and save a buck.