Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Dad's jeep is fine as long as I don't have to drive a fricking inch on a paved road.  

If it's a YJ, try to ride another swb, leaf-sprung vehicle and tell is how you love it laugh.png

The Blazer was getting that way by the time I sold it. I miss you Blazer. :(

med_gallery_10399_408_449828.jpg

LOVED PANTERA & WHITE ZOMBIE!!

I saw the 2 of them together about 20 years ago.

Was probably the same tour, as it was 18 years ago this up coming summer. The astrocreep/Great southern Trend Kill tour. rockwoot.gif

Looks like it was fun!

Was like rolling around in a safari vehicle. Was a good friend's before mine.  I actually got that given to me for free as a work bonus. lol

Fucking new cars. I went with a co-worker with his car and 10 miles from the ski-lodge, on the way home, CEL light comes on and hello limp mode. Motherfucker, and I said we should go with the Jeep. "Naah, it's old, it might break down". Shit, if if breaks down I can fix it anywhere. And it's not going to go into limp mode. 

Suck's even buying a new vehicle with at that automatic crap. As long as there is a switch to shut it of when I need to actively drive for christs sake.

SETH I just searched for a quote from you so that you would see this! So I took my mothers 2.5 2003 Nissan Altima (100k miles) in because it was idling rough and would "chug" while driving. They had it for 3 days and could not get it to replicate the problem. I said fine forget it as my Mom had already bought a new car and she was just going to cut her losses and she was going to sell it. I couldn't pick it up that day and the next day I get a call that they tried to back it out of the garage and it "blew up" it made a loud sound and now it won't start. They said that the 3rd cylinder had low pressure and they didn't want to dig any deeper without permission. They said that it may have "jumped the timing chain" and that it could be an easy fix or that "the engine might need to be replaced". This car has been meticulously maintained by these idiots but I just have a hard time believing that this engine is truly done. Is there anything that you can suggest without having your hands on it? This place seems to be incompetent but they are not trying to charge to fix anything so I do not know what to make of the situation. If you can suggest anything I'd appreciate it. We are basically looking for the best way to get rid of it financially.
Basically if it were your car and you couldn't work on it yourself what would you do? We had an offer of $750 for it but it has $500 dollars worth of brand new rubber on it, and the kbb value is about 4.5k in poor condition. Should we attempt to repair and sell it, or should we just sell it as a "mechanics special"? If we try to sell it what should we expect? I completely understand if you can't give a definitive answer, I'm just looking for a ballpark.

I'd get the issue looked into by a competent mechanic before selling it. It is doubtful that it is a mechanical issue, by the sounds of things. On a Nissan I would be more inclined to believe an injector failure. Odds are they tried throwing coils and plugs on it and it didn't work. Nissans are notorious for injector issues.

I agree with Seth that is more likely something non mechanical, like an injector or bad sensor somewhere sending faulty signals to the ECM. Lazy mechanics don't want anything to do with electrical gremlins. I have repaired and sold many electric gremlin cars that I got for free.  Have you retrieved any code's from the ECM? Try resetting the ECM and see if it has any effect. When an ECM is reset it will run in limp (default) mode for X amount of mile's (usaully around 50mi) until the ECM has collected enough data to recalibrate. To reset the ECM disconnect the battery cables and hold the cable ends together. This will discharge any power stored in the ECM and clear all collected data. Make sure to retrieve any codes before discharging. Some code's are false in the sense that they point you in the right direction, but not always the actual sensor.

My mother insisted that I should offer you guys something. You both helped us a lot with the Altima and Seth my Mom said that you made it easier for her to sleep tonight knowing that it is probably something simple with the bmw and that alone made me so happy that you responded. If you guys have a favorite place to eat let me know as she and I would like to buy you guys dinner. Thanks again fellas!

Honestly that heartfelt thanks is more than enough payment. Tell her I said thanks.

Tell her to donate my cut to a charity of her choice or use it to make a difference in a kid's life. 

Seth and Stephan, I use either 5x or 8x butane for BHO. The reason I am interested in the RSO is for seize patients. I am investing in a CO2 reclamation system system hopefully sooner than later.

Dad's jeep is fine as long as I don't have to drive a fricking inch on a paved road.  

If it's a YJ, try to ride another swb, leaf-sprung vehicle and tell is how you love it laugh.png

The Blazer was getting that way by the time I sold it. I miss you Blazer. sad.png

med_gallery_10399_408_449828.jpg

Have an old Bronco up on the farm like that, just shorter.

The snow has delayed the new tops until tomorrow morning.

We just had 5 solid days of snow, then rained for two days straight and melted a bunch. I had to throw the F250 in 4 low yesterday and massage some snow berms with the 460. biggrin.png

IF I ever buy another 4x4 to build it WILL be a 76 Broncco. wink.png

The one we have was my great grandfathers and it is some where in the 70's.

We just had 5 solid days of snow, then rained for two days straight and melted a bunch. I had to throw the F250 in 4 low yesterday and massage some snow berms with the 460. biggrin.png

Yep we have enough to get the snowblower out again...

IF I ever buy another 4x4 to build it WILL be a 76 Broncco. wink.png

The one we have was my great grandfathers and it is some where in the 70's.

The 75'-76' are the most sought after as it has all the upgrades that you would want to add to the earlier models. 

Yep we have enough to get the snowblower out again...

I seen you picnic table pic on FB. ;)

Waiting on the FedEx with my crab! The wife had to go in to the place she is interning so give's me time to get the V day dinner started.

I am wanting to give the crab a spicy flavor profile without ruining it. Am leaning towards a splash of Ancho Chile powder or the smoked Paprika with my usaul bay leaf, dill, mustard and coriander seed. Any suggestions or links anyone. I may just go without any seasoning. I am torn.

I am wanting to give the crab a spicy flavor profile without ruining it. Am leaning towards a splash of Ancho Chile powder or the smoked Paprika with my usaul bay leaf, dill, mustard and coriander seed. Any suggestions or links anyone. I may just go with any seasoning. I am torn.

Go on Zatarains.com and order a pack of their crab boil. The powder not the liquid. It has everything including salt. The crab will absorb flavor as it cools. So the soak time will determine flavor.

I am wanting to give the crab a spicy flavor profile without ruining it. Am leaning towards a splash of Ancho Chile powder or the smoked Paprika with my usaul bay leaf, dill, mustard and coriander seed. Any suggestions or links anyone. I may just go with any seasoning. I am torn.

Go on Zatarains.com and order a pack of their crab boil. The powder not the liquid. It has everything including salt. The crab will absorb flavor as it cools. So the soak time will determine flavor.

I mimic their crab boil if I don't have a bag of theirs already. So possibly grab the bagged Zatarains at the store and add a splash of the one of the two seasonings mentioned above? I have never been in cajun country btw.

I've seen Rob Zombie at Ozzfest & Xfest....along with alot of others. I'm not quite into the crowds/mosh pits like I was as I get older. LOL

Saw Rob at Ozzfest here in Houston; he took some girl's frilly little pink parasol and was dancing around stage with it for like half the show. :lol:

20 rep deadlift sets are quite effective

Effective for what? I keep them between 4 and 6 smile.png

Aerobic conditioning & muscular endurance.

That's two vote's no seasoning. Will be served with Land o' lake's salted butter btw.

No seasoning it is. :) Thanks guys.