Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

FWIW, the vapeoratorz are the most effective quitting plan I have ever seen.

Maybe it's an addiction trade off but chantix is too. If I remember right it's just well button.

Wellbutrin gets prescribed with it sometimes to help out with mood swings. I didn't get any though. That first day was ROUGH....more so for everyone around me who had to deal with my attitude.

Pick something to reward yourself with. That can help too. Every day put the $5 in the pack costs and count down the days to buying whatever it is.

I'm just honestly looking forward to saving that money. I smoked a pack about every other day, so it'll be over $1K per year. Put that shit in the bank, or considering I'm the only income that extra $25 to $30 per week will go a long way towards daily living expenses. Half a tank of gas if nothing else.

SETH I just searched for a quote from you so that you would see this! So I took my mothers 2.5 2003 Nissan Altima (100k miles) in because it was idling rough and would "chug" while driving. They had it for 3 days and could not get it to replicate the problem. I said fine forget it as my Mom had already bought a new car and she was just going to cut her losses and she was going to sell it. I couldn't pick it up that day and the next day I get a call that they tried to back it out of the garage and it "blew up" it made a loud sound and now it won't start. They said that the 3rd cylinder had low pressure and they didn't want to dig any deeper without permission. They said that it may have "jumped the timing chain" and that it could be an easy fix or that "the engine might need to be replaced". This car has been meticulously maintained by these idiots but I just have a hard time believing that this engine is truly done. Is there anything that you can suggest without having your hands on it? This place seems to be incompetent but they are not trying to charge to fix anything so I do not know what to make of the situation. If you can suggest anything I'd appreciate it. We are basically looking for the best way to get rid of it financially.
Basically if it were your car and you couldn't work on it yourself what would you do? We had an offer of $750 for it but it has $500 dollars worth of brand new rubber on it, and the kbb value is about 4.5k in poor condition. Should we attempt to repair and sell it, or should we just sell it as a "mechanics special"? If we try to sell it what should we expect? I completely understand if you can't give a definitive answer, I'm just looking for a ballpark.

I'd get the issue looked into by a competent mechanic before selling it. It is doubtful that it is a mechanical issue, by the sounds of things. On a Nissan I would be more inclined to believe an injector failure. Odds are they tried throwing coils and plugs on it and it didn't work. Nissans are notorious for injector issues.

I agree with Seth that is more likely something non mechanical, like an injector or bad sensor somewhere sending faulty signals to the ECM. Lazy mechanics don't want anything to do with electrical gremlins. I have repaired and sold many electric gremlin cars that I got for free.  Have you retrieved any code's from the ECM? Try resetting the ECM and see if it has any effect. When an ECM is reset it will run in limp (default) mode for X amount of mile's (usaully around 50mi) until the ECM has collected enough data to recalibrate. To reset the ECM disconnect the battery cables and hold the cable ends together. This will discharge any power stored in the ECM and clear all collected data. Make sure to retrieve any codes before discharging. Some code's are false in the sense that they point you in the right direction, but not always the actual sensor.

My mother insisted that I should offer you guys something. You both helped us a lot with the Altima and Seth my Mom said that you made it easier for her to sleep tonight knowing that it is probably something simple with the bmw and that alone made me so happy that you responded. If you guys have a favorite place to eat let me know as she and I would like to buy you guys dinner. Thanks again fellas!

Honestly that heartfelt thanks is more than enough payment. Tell her I said thanks.

Tell her to donate my cut to a charity of her choice or use it to make a difference in a kid's life. 

You guys are both awesome. I will donate 50 dollars to St. Judes and my Mom will also donate 50. Thank you both for your help. 

Seth I was able to reset the sensor by doing some goofy ass steering wheel dance in an empty parking lot, thanks again! I would have never known what to search for had you not said anything.

Cool! I never knew you could do it manually. I just plug in and reset.

Funeral.

Yuk.

:-(

Never any fun :(

Counter tops going in as I type.

Tomorrow it will be in operation.

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

Neal, how many times have I told you not to put the dog in the oven! jk :P

Looking good.

Neal, how many times have I told you not to put the dog in the oven! jk tongue.png

Looking good.

She likes to keep warm.

Thanks

Looks WAY better, nice!

Looks great Neal!

Thanks Sean and Matt. To think I did that cabinets and counter tops back in 2000 for a total cost of $1300.00 and just to replace the cabinets today I would be right around $5200.00 plus $2000.00 for the quartz top.

Looks WAY better, nice!

Looks great Neal!

Thanks Sean and Matt. To think I did that cabinets and counter tops back in 2000 for a total cost of $1300.00 and just to replace the cabinets today I would be right around $5200.00 plus $2000.00 for the quartz top.

I bought Maple Cabinets in my old house from Home Depot. Paid around $4k for them. Uppers and lower for almost 30 linear feet. Your bid on that is HIGH. The quartz is what it is, fucking expensive biggrin.png

Looking seriously at gutting my kitchen and doing all new cabinets. Sort of have to if I take down a wall.

Looks like a good way to give someone an air embolism.