Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Thanks for the tip. I want to see if I can get him 100% set up with his laser and a better sight. He went cheep with the add ons. As a thanks for his service I will get it all tuned up and ready to rock.

I was really suprised to see a problem with the magpul mag.

dNZxzte.jpg

I don't know how to

I can't

I

what

Doctors piss me off. Years of tests and money and they still are wrong. Fuck em.

My shrink caused me to miss 235 days of high school, prescribed me some shit that had me hallucinating, and narcoleptic, too fucked up to tell anyone what's happening in my head.

All because I sought help for depression. Needless to say, no help....

Doctors piss me off. Years of tests and money and they still are wrong. Fuck em.

My shrink caused me to miss 235 days of high school, prescribed me some shit that had me hallucinating, and narcoleptic, too fucked up to tell anyone what's happening in my head.

All because I sought help for depression. Needless to say, no help....

My doctor misdiagnosed colon cancer for years. When they finally found it it was 4th stage. I was given 6 months to live. Fortunately they were wrong then too. I went from a cripple stuck in a bed and wheelchair to a manual laborer again in 8 months. Granted, I worked while puking from chemo and radiation, but I am here 4 years later thanks to another blown diagnosis.

I don't understand the way some medical shit works out.  My best friend just got through 4 months of chemo and radiation, 2 weeks after his last session we started our annual Elk hunt this last Nov.   He had a brain aneurysm on the first day of our hunt and died 9 days later.  The doctors said it was all the chemo that weakened his arteries.  So what was supposed to help him ended up killing him...  

So here's an Altima update for anyone who cares or cares to help. So after being told the engine had no compression and they had "condemned" it I just left it in the lot for a few weeks and began my internet search to try to find some answers. Basically all I have found is that it could be simple and it could be the motor. I have been really trying to figure out what the hell to do and last night as I'm laying in bed I thought "what if the engine is flooded"! I thought of this because they had it for two days and said it was running fine, then I told them I'd pick it up the next day or two. They left it out front and pulled it in the garage the next night, then when they went to back it out again it wouldn't start. I remembered that when I used to live at my Mom's she parked it in front of the refrigerator in the garage and whenever we had to move it to get something we had to drive it around the block or it wouldn't start in the morning, which I'm told is typical with this car. So I had some time today to go check it out and tried turning it over with the gas peddle floored with no luck.Then I tried pumping the gas and it changed how it sounded when trying to start but then the battery was too drained to continue. I ran home and grabbed my power pack hooked it up and continued, within 5 minutes the son of a bitch started. It's still running crappy and I believe it might be in "limp mode" because I did a computer reset but I was able to drive it home.

Any ideas on what to start with? Could it still be the engine? Thanks for reading and sorry for the mess but I'm just trying to add as much info as I can.

You are a warlock Rick! I hope it gets up and running soon.

I just don't get it, how could a mechanic who was working with this car, actually "every mechanic they had" not be able to figure this out. And not only that, they told me the motor was done, basically swap it or sell the car for parts. My Mom told me two weeks ago to sell it to the guy that offered 750 she was done with it and didn't want it weighing on her mind. I told her not to worry about it I would see what I could do and if I couldn't figure it out I would. She was very happy to see me pull up in it.

You are a warlock Rick! I hope it gets up and running soon.

I just don't get it, how could a mechanic who was working with this car, actually "every mechanic they had" not be able to figure this out. And not only that, they told me the motor was done, basically swap it or sell the car for parts. My Mom told me two weeks ago to sell it to the guy that offered 750 she was done with it and didn't want it weighing on her mind. I told her not to worry about it I would see what I could do and if I couldn't figure it out I would. She was very happy to see me pull up in it.
ncc works as an installer. You found the mechanic version of him.

Run the codes, do compression test, fuel pressure, etc..... I believe Seth pointed you in the right direction a couple weeks ago.

Run the codes, do compression test, fuel pressure, etc..... I believe Seth pointed you in the right direction a couple weeks ago.

Sounds good thanks, I just wanted to see if any of the new additions changed anything. I know it is throwing a misfire code I'll have to check again for the actual code as I reset the computer.

Nothing worse than watching someone you care about die

So here's an Altima update for anyone who cares or cares to help. So after being told the engine had no compression and they had "condemned" it I just left it in the lot for a few weeks and began my internet search to try to find some answers. Basically all I have found is that it could be simple and it could be the motor. I have been really trying to figure out what the hell to do and last night as I'm laying in bed I thought "what if the engine is flooded"! I thought of this because they had it for two days and said it was running fine, then I told them I'd pick it up the next day or two. They left it out front and pulled it in the garage the next night, then when they went to back it out again it wouldn't start. I remembered that when I used to live at my Mom's she parked it in front of the refrigerator in the garage and whenever we had to move it to get something we had to drive it around the block or it wouldn't start in the morning, which I'm told is typical with this car. So I had some time today to go check it out and tried turning it over with the gas peddle floored with no luck.Then I tried pumping the gas and it changed how it sounded when trying to start but then the battery was too drained to continue. I ran home and grabbed my power pack hooked it up and continued, within 5 minutes the son of a bitch started. It's still running crappy and I believe it might be in "limp mode" because I did a computer reset but I was able to drive it home.

Any ideas on what to start with? Could it still be the engine? Thanks for reading and sorry for the mess but I'm just trying to add as much info as I can.

Should run fine in limp mode unless something mechanical is malfunctioning. Could be something minor like a fuel filter or pick up. I would suggest checking fuel is making it to the fuel rail first. compression would be the next thing I would check. Both easy things to do. If you need instructions just ask.

Should run fine in limp mode unless something mechanical is malfunctioning. Could be something minor like a fuel filter or pick up. I would suggest checking fuel is making it to the fuel rail first. compression would be the next thing I would check. Both easy things to do. If you need instructions just ask.

Anything that I can do with very basic tools and auto knowledge I will attempt. I am not expecting for you guys to walk me through this step by step but any info you can provide if you have time would be VERY appreciated.

The Honda got new rotors all around today. The front right one came off in two pieces. No wonder it would do the death shake when I hit the brakes. One to many curb checks. :P

Bullet manufacturers make a set amount of each caliber each year. It is a bubble created by the preppers. Try gunbroker.com perhaps. If you need ammo soon then you may pay more. Otherwise wait for the bubble to pop.

@Rick. You can unhook the fuel line under the hood at the fuel rail ( either a clip or compression fitting that only needs a wrench) and crank the motor, fuel should spray out. To check the compression go to the parts store and borrow/rent a comp tester and spark plug socket if you don't have that. Post pics of the spark plugs if you can.

@Rick. You can unhook the fuel line under the hood at the fuel rail ( either a clip or compression fitting that only needs a wrench) and crank the motor, fuel should spray out. To check the compression go to the parts store and borrow/rent a comp tester and spark plug socket if you don't have that. Post pics of the spark plugs if you can.

I will definitely check that first. As far as the compression test goes I just found this video and it seems pretty straight forward. And thanks again, I really want to at least narrow things down before I have my Mom dump any money into it so anything that I can try myself I am willing to do.

Gas engines only need three things to start. Gas, spark and air. Always start with the easy stuff first. Computers throw a wrench in there but the engine still only needs those three things.

Spammers.

The Magpuls I have have been fine in all my ARs...  I keep batches of them loaded too, so if they were spreading apart I probably would have noticed.

I had some cheaper ones, made by PROMAG that you had to literally smash to get them to engage the magazine catch...

Most of the guys in the Infantry, SF or Ranger tabbed guys (or any combo there of) I have known have SWORN by the magpauls.

Might be a bad load or a shitty spring.

J

Wrong post quoted but you get the idea.

J

Just got my CLD tiles from Don. Everything looks nice. Even got samples from all his other products.

Now I know how MLV looks like. :)

Thinsulate looks similar to silicone clothes wadding, so I am going to use that on my roof.

I don't know why, but there are four extra tiles. I am not complaining. :D