Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Want to change my dad's Gmail account. When he bought his phone he picked some dipshit email address and the phone needs a factory reset anyways.Is there some backup I can run on it in case I find out he needs something off of it? I downloaded all of his contacts and fixed the fucking mess and am going to put it fresh on a new account, but figure I'll forget something lol.

Should be a backup option in settings. I have HTC One and it can backup in several ways.

From what I understand HTC only restores to HTC and so on.

At the same time, can I not just copy the folder structure to my PC? Figure I'd have the files then as restoring I shouldn't need to do.

I *assume* that it is just all standard exposed files and not hidden and convoluted bullshit...but if I am wrong that method wouldn't help.

I have software that backs up everything from my phone to.my PC. Loads every time I plug my phone in. I do not use it often but ibonow I'm backed up.

A really good app to explore all files not just regular visible ones is called ES File Explorer.

I like it when I cannot find where files DL to.

With that app you can send any file to anywhere via several different methods.

but can't you see everything on the pc?

i use es

Great minds.

Sounds to me like you have everything thought of. Which of course means it's something we both forgot.

:-)

The files don't open. It's dumb. I did bring my phone once and it all came back fine. But you need to make absolutely sure that all the contacts are saved as a file on the phone and not as a file on his Gmail acct.

I have his tablet to do first since the phone I want to go BAM!

Is there anything besides contacts & dcim? Even that I would assume that Gmail on a PC gets everything but the pics/vids.

Because of that though I assume I am forgetting something. App data isn't really necessary as he will have to buy all new apps. Only has bought like 2 or 3 though so that is trivial. My mom even better as she hasn't bought any, lol.

The files don't open. It's dumb. I did bring my phone once and it all came back fine. But you need to make absolutely sure that all the contacts are saved as a file on the phone and not as a file on his Gmail acct.

I dumbly exported them off the phone and then doctored in windows. Of course this means they are now doctored, probably should grab a fresh set, huh?

Plan was to reduce/combine with another address list and then import in. Figure I could export what he has on the new account on the PC, paste in the right columns and reimport.

If not I am pissed as I spent nearly an hour getting logical columns in Excel for his contacts.

It sounds right.

My only problem ever was similar. I had info on an old email account and not on the phone. It was my Samsung phone. I ended up adding the old email as a second account, upload ed all the contacts to a file on the phone, double checked it with the explorer and then deleted the old email.

If not I am pissed as I spent nearly an hour getting logical columns in Excel for his contacts.

When I correce something on the PC side I always assume it won't work and just feel happy when it does. Grab a fresh save just in case. It cannot hurt.

I need to drive the E60 M and the E9x M again....

Maybe my memory is making things better than they were....

This is sweet!! LEDs are great for low heat crops. The new plasma bulbs are the bee's knee's as a true full spectrum bulb.

Didn't  know plasma bulbs even existed. Googled, looks neat.

Dude these paraolympic athletes have some massive balls!!!

J

<Wants to grow wasabi under LEDs. Is an 18-24 month mature time. 

The spice extends life, the spice expands conciousness

Funny thing is the wife and I went browsing today and she likes the escape best out of the vehicles we saw. Take into account, that while she owns a Ford, she really doesn't like ford. Only thing with an escape is the 2013 is technically a 1st year model and it will be a bit before we can "afford" a 2013. I like the 2011+ VW Tiguan, but it's too damn small compared to its competitors. The Touareg is likely going to be too big for us. We also viewed a 2010-2011 Volvo XC60 online and that looked pretty nice. My completely arbitrary starting point for vehicles is 200+ hp and 25+ mpg.

XC60 makes the Escape feel like a turd
Similar price?

I found some 2010 XC60s prices similarly to 2013 Escapes.

PS- The wife hates the old escape body style (I don't blame her) so that pretty much boots it out.

I have a design already for a cool wasabi garden. Each plat spans 24" so to do two plants will require an 2" x 4" closet that cant be moved for 18-24 months. I REALLY want to try real wasabi.

Those are with similar options, (heated seats and Bluetooth and such.) I figure it lf we get a newer vehicle we should enjoy some bells and whistles.