Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1800330_656535381076918_1714641460_n.jpg

I am now a member and get monthly shipments!! Thanks to the W.

Time to get a grinder smile.png

Today I was looking around at car audio equipment at local shops... Found a new Rockford fosgate he2 15" subwoofer it's 500 rms and the guy said it is 100$... I have heard he2 12s sealed and they didn't sound too bad IMO... Any opinions on the deal I came across ?

Probably about what they should have retailed for new. El cheapo driver with a 2" VC. Nothing particularly exciting, I'd think you could do better used.

1800330_656535381076918_1714641460_n.jpg

I am now a member and get monthly shipments!! Thanks to the W.

Time to get a grinder smile.png

I am ready to upgrade my coffee machine. Perhaps a french press, or just break out the percolator. 

Have been eyeballing a single cup machine with a re-loadable cartridge. I have been trying them whenever I get the chance. Not sure what I think about them yet.

In general I think the cartridge types are lackluster. The Nespresso is by far the best, but it only makes very small euro sized coffees. The others are pizzle in general. Of course I am a bigger coffee snob than pretty much anything else. I figure anything I have 2-3 times a day better be good.

My current setup is a Mazzer Super Jolly and Quick Mill Vetrano.

https://www.chriscoffee.com/Mazzer-Super-Jolly-Espresso-Grinder-p/2810.htm

http://www.chriscoffee.com/Quickmill-Vetrano-p/n995.htm

What I use though REQUIRES barista skill. Have to pull a good 1000 shots before you start getting good ones.

Just ordered 60lbs of green beans a few days ago as well. Shipped they are less than $5/lb smile.png

Of course a pound makes 28 doubles. ie, lb a week + so that is nearly a years worth.

I paid $100 for the grinder and $1200 for the machine tongue.png

I would like to find one somewhat comparable to the Vetrano, but cheaper. I am sure ignorance is bliss as I would probably be happy with a machine that's nowhere near that caliber. There has to be something better than the getto drip setup thats affordable. 

Rancilio Silvia with a PID is the cheapest real machine. Takes a $400+ retail grinder for it to work though (as do all machines)

I was joking about the beans. You got a super deal on that super joy. Nonsense good price.

I've never seen coffee machines on craigslist here.  

Machine I bought new, was before the Euro went buck wild though. Grinder was an old Starbucks unit from when they actually made real coffee's. When they switched to the super auto's they sold all their grinders. A couple bought one here, opened a coffee shop and went out of business. I bought it from them.

Pretty sure it was a decaf grinder as it is rather small for a full time shop to be pulling shots with all day. Could easily be done though.

The machine is sized similarly. Really made for a library bookstore or the like where they pull less than 200 drinks a day.

Very cool.  I already have NativeBOINC on both phones already running. :)

House clean out! Now I have to wait till Monday and I hope to get the ok to start gutting!

I love fun work, hell my little brother helped me today.

I was ask if I have ADD because the way I work. So I had to explain how I was raised and got a very funny look.

The sun is still up! There is no need to quit working!

Your mom can reheat your supper. (Whip crack!)

I was ask if I have ADD because the way I work. So I had to explain how I was raised and got a very funny look.

I was organizing/labeling tap drawers last week and was asked if I was a little OCD.  

I was organizing/labeling tap drawers last week and was asked if I was a little OCD.  

Good stuff. I keep my house pretty ship shape and my wife thinks the same of me. :)

Neil and Adrian strike again

EY9dkOx.jpg

Hey we were rotating the tires :P

That's hilarious!  Great wit!

I don't understand expensive coffee. Cocaine is reasonably priced.

Creativity just makes thing much more fun.