Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

probably time to retire this avatar

Boo, text is too small on this one. NEXT.

i have a question i figured you guys may know how to do what i speak of,

if you have ever been to a bar that has  tables that have a thick clear coat on them, with pictures underneath,

or  like a ski ball table,

is that lacquer ? or fiber glass resien?

i have a table that has reclaimed wood on the top, its nice, and i would like to protect it and make it nicer and use it as a coffee table,

can anyone help?

maybe its polyurethane.. but really really thick.

if you have ever been to a bar that has  tables that have a thick clear coat on them, with pictures underneath,

i have a table that has reclaimed wood on the top, its nice, and i would like to protect it and make it nicer and use it as a coffee table,

can anyone help?

http://www.uscomposites.com/kk121.html

Never used it, but everyone raves about their fiberglass resin so I'd imagine it's a solid product.

It's a specific type of epoxy resin. I would imagine the big box home improvement stores probably sell a similar product as well. I've seen them use the same type of product on DIY shows before.

That is where I bought mine. Coated the concrete sink I made in it. Epoxy Resin.

It's a specific type of epoxy resin. I would imagine the big box home improvement stores probably sell a similar product as well. I've seen them use the same type of product on DIY shows before.

It'll cost more and may not be clear. Worth a call to US to figure out what you want for the job, they were super helpful. Mihgt have just chatted online.

i might aswell share with you guys ... seems how i have not been around at all,.

as some of you know i got a new job last year, keeps me very busy,

but also danielle left me , one of my best friends broke into my house, and stole my safe, with over 9K cash in it ,

my  amp caught on fire the day before the biggest car audio show in texas ,,

but i guess it all had to happen for the break of a life time to fall into place,

i bought my first house,

so car audio has take a major back seat to life,

i might aswell share with you guys ... seems how i have not been around at all,.

but also danielle left me , one of my best friends broke into my house, and stole my safe, with over 9K cash in it ,

but i guess it all had to happen for the break of a life time to fall into place,

i bought my first house,

Shit man.....sorry to hear man, but it sounds like you are keeping your chin up.

Any pics of the new pad?

Diet still on track?

J

I finally bought a 18 gun safe and a 1/4 of it is filled silver coins. Might have to get another just for the silver and coin collection.

Side note on coins. Oddly enough ebay of all places is no longer allowing the sale of clad or layered coins. Good for the consumer since people have tried to pass them off as guaranteed shit. Bad if you actually write that they are not solid gold, but just layers, and then they make you take it down.

Now to find a way to get rid of 8 1oz clad bars somehow LOL

J

i bought my first house,

Wow sorry Jon, lets hope the bad will bring lots of good!

I finally bought a 18 gun safe and a 1/4 of it is filled silver coins. Might have to get another just for the silver and coin collection.

Side note on coins. Oddly enough ebay of all places is no longer allowing the sale of clad or layered coins. Good for the consumer since people have tried to pass them off as guaranteed shit. Bad if you actually write that they are not solid gold, but just layers, and then they make you take it down.

J

Most all my coins are proofs from the mint gold and silver.

can anyone help?

It is self leveling epoxy.

my amp caught on fire the day before the biggest car audio show in texas ,,

i bought my first house,

That a wild!

Glad things are lookin up and you are moving on up.

Stay strong Jon. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

J

Most all my coins are proofs from the mint gold and silver.

Its the best way to go. No sense in buying elsewhere. They usually don't make it up sky high.

J

can anyone help?

John, I have done several tables like this and some park benches with inlays.  This is where I get all my stuff.  They have the best prices, fanstastic products and are EXTREMELY helpful.

http://stores.ebay.com/AeroMarine-Products?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Do want new keyboard.

Want backlit.

Probably mechanical.

Teo aren't you a bit of a keyboard junkie????

I think this is the second time you assume I know about that subject, lol.

First time was about a mouse I think.

I too need a new setup, both keyboard and mouse. Backlit keyboard for sure, I live in a dark dungeon.