Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 3/27/2021 at 7:23 AM, MKader17 said:

Read all of this with the full understanding that I will be switching back to Android at some point, but with a new perspective.

Oddly enough, I may end this experiment by buying a flagship Android device instead of the mid-range devices I've been buying over the last 4-6 years.

Flagship vs mid range is night and day. Similar to the iPhone,  flagship models may have a small amount of bloat, but they don't add things to make up for the phone cost. Many mid level phones integrate software that reduces the cost of your phone. Its sketch AF but EVERY large brand does it. 

The iPhone should feel so good in your hand that its hard to out down compared to even a nice older android.

On 3/28/2021 at 9:31 PM, ///M5 said:

If it is your only Apple device it is far worse cross platform.  

I too thought it was that way.  Then I saw a power iPhone user. 

Very shortly,  unless a Droid company can figure out powerful SOC designs for dirt cheep, the iPhone will be able to open a VM for windows much less Android. 

Ill have an android as my VM on my cell phone to ghost on random hoes soon enough. Lol.

17 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Same with photos, password cross platform integration, dialer.  So much better than Apple.  Tried to help my brother set his Apple up, but it sucks donkey.  Also Android Auto is far superior to Carplay in having shit that actually works.

My phone sits on a wireless charger by my desk all day.  I answer texts, calls, make calls and do everything I need a phone to do without picking it up.  I spend on average 7+ hours a day talking as well.  Reminds me of one other thing that Android destroys Apple on.  The transition from wifi calls to cell antenna.  100% of the time when I am talking  to my boss and he moves from wifi to cell antenna I lose him.  I can walk back and forth all day long and never drop a call.  Bluetooth range seems to be better as well, but perhaps that is solely the Pixel.

Where Apple wins is if you subscribe to their complete system.  PC, phone, icloud and everything else.  Personally I am frugal so that isn't in the cards.  I have other things to spend money on.

That doesn't make sense. Its all just hardware and if you have a Mac you can run windows easy and if you have windows you can run Mac for now.

You can run any VM on any machine in 2021.

My windows PC is the same cost as a Mac PC, the gods at Nvidia now opened up GeForce to their super VM options too.

To be fair, I was emulating windows on my old G3 Mac and iMac in the 90s. I feel comfortable.   Its a billion times easier now, especially in reverse.  Try making your windows machine run Mac in the 90s.  I would love to see that fireball.  :D

BTW, if you are in the market for a Mac desktop or something, just try switching a machine to Linux and VM booting Mac on that.

Plenty of reasons not to, but way more to try it. 

Is it possible to be an adult and not be tired most of the time?

..without pharmaceutical hell.  :D

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

Not nearly as secure. 

Sincerely not even close. Every day Google becomes more liability than tool to make things better. 

Rich text is not magic but android should catch up. The market is ready and I think BB even offered it to them for nothing. 

I don't have anything on my phone that needs to be secure.

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

That doesn't make sense. Its all just hardware and if you have a Mac you can run windows easy and if you have windows you can run Mac for now.

You can run any VM on any machine in 2021.

My windows PC is the same cost as a Mac PC, the gods at Nvidia now opened up GeForce to their super VM options too.

To be fair, I was emulating windows on my old G3 Mac and iMac in the 90s. I feel comfortable.   Its a billion times easier now, especially in reverse.  Try making your windows machine run Mac in the 90s.  I would love to see that fireball.  :D

iPhone integration for what I do at work sucks.  Half my team has them and can't get any normal tools to work with their computer.  Such an efficiency loss I can't own one.  Could care less what option I have as long as it works and from what I've seen Apple's integration into Windows is abysmal and no way I can use a Mac for work.

I should add that I don't think I've ever watched a video I've shot.  Just kids band concerts and other shit like that.  More for later in life.  I do take a lot of pictures though, but really like the Google photo integration.

Basically my Pixel and Google photos has replaced 99% of my SLR shots and Lightroom nearly completely.  

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I don't have anything on my phone that needs to be secure.

Thats absolutely smart and I would say that everyone should do their best to live in that way as well honestly. 

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

iPhone integration for what I do at work sucks.  Half my team has them and can't get any normal tools to work with their computer.  Such an efficiency loss I can't own one.  Could care less what option I have as long as it works and from what I've seen Apple's integration into Windows is abysmal and no way I can use a Mac for work.

Perfect reason to not use Mac/iPhone etc. 

My goal is to use something like arch Linux and then just VM whatever I want. Maybe even move to the Pine phone, a secure to the point of having mechanical suites for the radio unit and camera/mic. Cool security minded "full" Linux based mobil product. 

For now though, in the social world I have to live in to get anything done, the iPhone is a much more effective tool. In the same way your company makes Apple a pain to use, social media gives Apple a boost in workflow efficiency.  Take more work to get to the same baseline. 

Edited by dem beats

For stills,, Dslr is almost dead for household needs. Even vacation really. 

Its still better if I had $$ on the line. 

For video, you need to spend >$2k on a body to get better results than the current iPhone. It will also be much harder. And add 5 hours to your workload for the average 30 minutes finished product.  I witness this constantly.  By constantly,  I mean the guy I help who is a film an aspiring film maker, the other 2 are small business owners who needed help with doing all their own multimedia as the didnt want to pay others.  Its been a heck of a learning curve, 3 years ago the gap was closer.  If you're not concerned with multimedia or management of social media then it's absolutely not nearly as valuable in any way.  You're also not concerned with speed of output or making other happy with your work.  As long as you and the family are happy, you will never ever feel the difference. Its only an issue when you need to interact with potential consumer units in multimedia formats on teh socials. 

I'm perfectly fine even saying that if you do have an amazing studio level of gear, you would still be choosing to not be as efficient by not using an iPhone/iPad.  I don't think thats a good thing at all BTW.  That makes me really think Apple has engineered it that way.

Edited by dem beats

Are forums social media?  Curious how you share pictures in a forum without uploading on an apple

My wife was home today so I backed the boat in and reorganized the garage.  Way faster to back it in, but fuck.  1" on both sides for width and this clearance for front and back makes the butt pucker.

qpQCyB5.jpg

dVrzmpQ.jpg

VrTEpXw.jpg

Way easier to get out when backed in.  Like it when she is home :P

On 4/3/2021 at 8:35 AM, ///M5 said:

Are forums social media?  Curious how you share pictures in a forum without uploading on an apple

Lol

I only use this forum from my broken galaxy. 

I NEED to change my password buahahaha

On 4/3/2021 at 9:21 PM, ///M5 said:

My wife was home today so I backed the boat in and reorganized the garage.  Way faster to back it in, but fuck.  1" on both sides for width and this clearance for front and back makes the butt pucker.

qpQCyB5.jpg

dVrzmpQ.jpg

VrTEpXw.jpg

Thats a curly blonde one away from some issues. 

Cannot wait to get out in the sun myself. 

What sun?  The 85F on Monday was nice, but it's wet as fuck here now.

What a damn day. Looks like the job shift is happening faster than anticipated.

J

Got a blast of moderna today, strange feeling.

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Got a blast of moderna today, strange feeling.

I got the pfizer-biotech a week ago.  All I had was a little soreness at the injection site (but not even to the point it affected me)

My wife got the pfizer-biotech a few weeks before me, and her stomach is just starting to feel better now.  She got the headaches, stomach pain/upset, mouth sores (apparently one of the more rare side effects) and more from it. 

On 4/4/2021 at 5:21 AM, ///M5 said:

qpQCyB5.jpg

dVrzmpQ.jpg

VrTEpXw.jpg

About as much clearance as I have in front and ack of the Jeep in one of the garages. Just put a wheel chock where the rearmost wheels should stop and done. 

There is about 1" on each side of the fenders going through the door.  While I can usually see those it is harder to tell if I am straight.  A spotter makes it go smoothly.  Wheel chock position also regrettably depends on where the ass ends up being backed up.  Stupid 220v power box makes it so I have to shuffle it over if I don't get it perfect.

2nd week of May the 4th stall gets framed and then I can do it alone.  Adding 2' in width to the door and 4' in length.  Easy peasy.

Is that big enough for the next boat?