Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Started to glue up the second box tonight.When I get both of them with 3 long walls in I will start to make up some bracing. What is the best way to structure the internal braces?Also, should the baffle with the woofer on it be a large side of the enclosure, or the small end?Excited to knock sone of this out.

Randomly and interlocked. Something like this is close to ideal:b%26w-nautilus-home-theater-speakers-int where none of the spaces are the same. Obviously you won't go that far, but the idea holds.
I have to ask.....what is the purpose of bracing like this?This is not something I am at all familiar with.J
J - that is bracing. How else would you do it?The goal of bracing is always the same. Too reduce ANY modal behavior in the acoustic or vibration space that can color sound. A honeycomb structure like the above helps not only mechanically but also acoustically. Obviously at the wavelengths of subs and not mids the structures don't need to be as tiny.

Honestly the enclosures I have build have only been for vehicles and usually the port and overall box design braced the box well.

I have never built anything for inside the house.

J

That changes nothing.

Anyone R/C here? I am thinking of either selling my Nitro Revo and getting a waterproof brushless or converting it. Cost will be similar.

Also contemplating the Savage Flux and Thunder Tiger mt4g3 but that is a different question.

I RC when time permits which isn't very often. I just gave my whirlybird to a friend as I wanted to see it being used. Still have my 4WD truck. What was the question again?
I am done buying nitro methane. I have a Nitro Revo. Question is spend the $$ to convert it to electric or buy and electric. BL of course. Net $$ is about the same which has me leaning towards selling and buying since it then involves no time.

ESS6K9R.jpg

Pfft. Can't find the right one as this is team blueberry, but this is a trailer smile.png

PJ_YM-race-Trailer.jpg

The guy I worked for snowmobiling had an enclosed trailer with the lift inside. Painted to match his Prevost. We used it more to trailer all of his bikes to Sturgis in the summer.

Anyone R/C here? I am thinking of either selling my Nitro Revo and getting a waterproof brushless or converting it. Cost will be similar.

Also contemplating the Savage Flux and Thunder Tiger mt4g3 but that is a different question.

I RC when time permits which isn't very often. I just gave my whirlybird to a friend as I wanted to see it being used. Still have my 4WD truck. What was the question again?

I am done buying nitro methane. I have a Nitro Revo. Question is spend the $$ to convert it to electric or buy and electric. BL of course. Net $$ is about the same which has me leaning towards selling and buying since it then involves no time.

I looked the Revo up. That's a badd MFer. I think you answered your own question. As I am sure your time is worth more.

Then the question becomes do I buy an E-Revo, a Savage Flux or an 1/8 scale buggy and convert it to a truggy.

I only want a basher and will never race, but the control you have of an 1/8th scale buggy in the air is awesome.

And the Revo

If you want to see in air control go to 1:36. The buggy video doesn't show this, but they are even better

Why electric? I love my nitro truck... Once dialed it, it's badass. Tuning it and building it is part of the fun.

Why electric? I love my nitro truck... Once dialed it, it's badass. Tuning it and building it is part of the fun.

Faster, easier, less maintenance, yada yada yada.

I also want to be able to easily adapt it power wise to let my kids drive. Way easier with a battery powered unit.

Add that to how often I end up upside down which isn't super for a 2stroke.

At this point in time the only reason to buy Nitro is because it is fucking cool or you like huffing the smell of it smile.png

This is my third Nitro truck btw. Just time to make things easier.

Stop posting about Kenny Chesney, seriously. angry2.gif angry2.gif angry2.gif angry2.gif angry2.gif

Stop posting about Kenny Chesney, seriously. angry2.gif angry2.gif angry2.gif angry2.gif angry2.gif

Sounds like you may really enjoy his music. ;)

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

That is right Sean!

Every good pirate looks at 40...

Seriously. More NRBQ and Junior Brown and shit.

Sounds like you may really enjoy his music. wink.png

Not his music.  Long story short, at the time, had just started dating simply one of the most staggeringly attractive woman I have ever met, off the charts and Neal you have a great idea of what I mean.  Anyway, she and her best friend wanted me and the other BF to come to his concert.  We couldn't, we had a tournament we were long since apart of we had to be in.  The good thing was that we could drive the girls on our way, drop them off at the concert a little early, play in the tournament, and pick them up on the way back.  Well, we drop them off, and later that night as we proceed to drive back to what was at the time the MCI Center in DC, we get a text message saying that we didn't need to pick them up.  So obviously we ask why.  The reply was they were on Kenny Chesney's bus enroute to the next show.  So.... you can see why it is not a positive thing for me.  If it was someone like Timberlake or Maher, I could understand...

Sounds like you may really enjoy his music. wink.png

Not his music.  Long story short, at the time, had just started dating simply one of the most staggeringly attractive woman I have ever met, off the charts and Neal you have a great idea of what I mean.  Anyway, she and her best friend wanted me and the other BF to come to his concert.  We couldn't, we had a tournament we were long since apart of we had to be in.  The good thing was that we could drive the girls on our way, drop them off at the concert a little early, play in the tournament, and pick them up on the way back.  Well, we drop them off, and later that night as we proceed to drive back to what was at the time the MCI Center in DC, we get a text message saying that we didn't need to pick them up.  So obviously we ask why.  The reply was they were on Kenny Chesney's bus enroute to the next show.  So.... you can see why it is not a positive thing for me.  If it was someone like Timberlake or Maher, I could understand...

OUCH

Mounted my CAI too low and drove through a puddle

6MIO0.jpg