Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yes you do.

Iron is a personality. You are or you ain't. If you are.... Well, your screwed.

My joints don't like heavy, muscles like exercise though.

For the record, I've done that with TrueNutrition's Soy Protein Isolate before. That description doesn't even come close to what it smelled like. Good god. Had to fill it with a water/baking soda mix for a day just to get the stench out.

The gemma pea protein needs to be washed out asap because it is so clumpy.

Hmm. Multi purpose truck.

IMAG0606_zps18c5cdda.jpg

Matt for example apparently wishes you would shove you uneducated opinion up your ass.

Lol @ Seth.

I wish I could be so succinct. I'm too verbose. Always painting the Mona Lisa when a Polaroid would give a better picture.

I prefer to carry a hammer to a gun fight.

Yes you do.

Iron is a personality. You are or you ain't. If you are.... Well, your screwed.

My joints don't like heavy, muscles like exercise though.

Same, but I can't seem to stay away from the heavy stuff for too long.  I up my cardio and super-sets, but the big heavy weights just keep pulling me back in.

So long as you keep the weight in the 8-12 rep range you should be safe. If your joints are actually truly shot, the best thing to do is stretch.

Hmm. Multi purpose truck.

IMAG0606_zps18c5cdda.jpg

Flooring on the right... But what's that on the right?

So long as you keep the weight in the 8-12 rep range you should be safe. If your joints are actually truly shot, the best thing to do is stretch.

What if variations of arthritis run in you family?

Keeping active is better for arthritis. I feel better when I lift heavy, and my knees and hands are arthritic.

Keeping active is better for arthritis. I feel better when I lift heavy, and my knees and hands are arthritic.

That is why I try to exercise, lifting heavy swells my joints and I hate taking pain killers.

Rheumatoid or psoriatic?

Osteo is a different animal.

Both my sister and brother take shots for theirs, my sister has ra and not sure what my brother has.

Lifting shouldn't swell your joints unless there is a problem.

If you have actually worn the joint out, then it might exhibit some swelling but for people with autoimmune and inflammation disorders lifting moderate to mildly heavy is one of the best things they can do.

Jogging is horrible, walking is ok, but slower movements with resistance help to strengthen joints better than anything else.

I just stay within my limits and don't often over do it.

Both my sister and brother take shots for theirs, my sister has ra and not sure what my brother has.

Moderate weight lifting, hot tubs and exercise are the best for RA. Walking and swimming is good.

Keep in mind I wrestled heavy weight and 189. I also was in the lifting club and was able to bench close to 400 lbs and squat around 800 lbs my senior year. I may have abused my body a bit back in the day.

Not a fan of testing my fate anymore.