Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The I-70 corridor between Gwood and Denver is one of the funnest drive's in the country. Several canyon's, not a single straight stretch the whole 200 miles. 6% and 7% grade's with non stop corners. I have done 150+ mph going down the passes before when I was shagging Audi's.

Ask Jordan, riding with me is not for the faint of heart. He was ready to get out and walk after I drove him up a jeep trail in the Honda with a 1000+ foot drop off on one side. biggrin.png

Considering it is a one lane road (or sure as hell felt like it at the time) I certainly had the pucker effect going on. I will say this tho, you may drive like a mad man, but you know what you are doing. The trip wass certainly woth it once I saw the view.

Have my fingerprints finally came off the door?

J

ninja.gif

Since everyone else is doing it...

Seth, just wondering your thoughts on:

Speed3 (1st gen)

Genesis Coupe

Sorry to do this to you, but I am not a fan of Mazda.

The Genesis is really solid. I just did some work on one , normal 60K stuff. Hyundai has come a long way, while most manufacturers seem to be going backwards.

Don't say sorry. May I ask why? Both of mine have been great to me and I have one from each end of the spectrum of their offerings. No complaints here outside of sheer horsepower.

Just from a mechanic's perspective. Ford ideology abounds, reliability is weak at best. They have gotten worse over the years, by huge strides. I had no huge issues with 90s Mazdas, although I would not personally own one, but their recent stuff borders on Mitsubishi junk.

Rotarys run strong, but again reliability is an issue. They are leaky pigs, and diagnostics is odd, as the design really creates odd looking pids/scan tool info.

That is the perspective I was hoping for, because it is part of what makes SSA a better place.  Not just a little experience here or there, but certified master's in their respective field.  As for reliability, I drive the living snot out of the protege5 and it has never really let me down outside of one blown tire.But then again, there is not much to go wrong on it.  I do prefer it over, what seems to be much more Ford infused, the newer 3 models, mostly due to the lines and ease of use to work on.  But again, power is not it's strong suit.

I have not driven (discounting RX8's) any of the very new Mazda's.   My RX8 has faired well too, no major issues to speak of and it is 50/50 driver/track time.  No oil leaks at this time, but I will keep an eye out.  I was kind of asking as I like to start the research process about a year at least, in advance.  At this time, since I paid cash for the P5 and it is the least expensive car I have ever owned to keep on the road, so it makes no sense to ditch it unless there is a catastropic repair or Sean DeYoung steals it from me.  ;)

Quartz guys:

The house I just bought has quartz countertops. Judging by the rest of the kitchen, I'm guessing are about 8-10 years old. They have some scratches and look a little dull. Is there an inexpensive method to re-condition them to look 'new' again?

Because I'm in one of those moods

Quartz guys:

The house I just bought has quartz countertops. Judging by the rest of the kitchen, I'm guessing are about 8-10 years old. They have some scratches and look a little dull. Is there an inexpensive method to re-condition them to look 'new' again?

I am a quartz noooob!

Not sure if this is of any help, but this site is my go to on my paperwork.

http://www.silestoneusa.com/customer-service/quartz-countertop-maintenance/advanced-cleaning/

Loss of sheen.

Loss of sheen on the surface of the Silestone countertop may be due to the use of products (waxes, sprays, sealants, etc.) to try to bring out its lustre, although these products lose their effect over time. This lack of sheen therefore has nothing to do with the original mechanical sheen of the product when it leaves the factory. To recover this non-natural sheen, a multi-purpose furniture spray that is suitable for the countertop can be used.

Thanks Neal!

Make sure you share what works for yours. Your welcome.

I will. Kinda polishing a turd though. You have nice new tops.

J, did I miss it again?

Who did you say to support for stogies online? Local guys are getting too rich from me I think. I have been loyal but no impressive discounts at all.

Cigarsinternational.com

They were great to me on deployment, and even better stateside. Check out the Make Me Sn Offer section. It's a great way to get sticks at a lower price.

J

Fuggin sweet. Thanks.

Seth, I would definitely be interested in your juices. The first ingredient on the store bought juice scare's me

No preservatives, no water. 100% Kosher materials including: Propylene Glycol USP Food Grade 44%, Vegetable Glycerin Food Grade 44%, roughly 3-4% USDA verified food flavorings, sweeteners. Each of the PG/VG totals will be reduced by .24, .18, .12, .06% pure nicotine.

Propylene glycol is not the same ingredient in anti-freeze, that is ethylene glycol. PG is used in hospital air purifiers. I am sure that is the first ingredient you are referring to. However, I suggest buying juices from US sources. All the negative shit you here about e-juice is based on foreign juices.

Again, what you are interested in will help. I may use you as a guinea pig for flavors that may be outside my palate. I might try different flavor enhancers (all safe, such as Ethyl Maltol, Tart and sour, and simple things like lemon juice) to modify flavors. I am not interested in the same shit you can buy over the counter. My goal is to be unique, with regards to flavor profile, but keep the base fairly common, so you can say "hey, I like cotton candy" not "hey I like ethyl maltose, sucrose, and other odd flavorings". But I want someone to pick up my cotton candy and say "holy shit, that is an amazing flavor", rather than "dude, that tastes just like crossroads vapor's cotton candy".

if you are looking for a 'new to vaping' guy I would volunteer my palate. I figure Jared is being nice enough to hook me up and get me started, I would be more than happy to check out new juices as well.

J

You're on the list, brother.

Appreciate it man. I'm anxious as hell to start vaping.

J

Quartz guys:

Some products work but resurfacing from a good local guy would be cheep for how long it will last.

Really interesting is that this dirt cheep granite cleaner is the best I have ever used. I will look at it tonight and let you know.

The I-70 corridor between Gwood and Denver is one of the funnest drive's in the country. Several canyon's, not a single straight stretch the whole 200 miles. 6% and 7% grade's with non stop corners. I have done 150+ mph going down the passes before when I was shagging Audi's.

Ask Jordan, riding with me is not for the faint of heart. He was ready to get out and walk after I drove him up a jeep trail in the Honda with a 1000+ foot drop off on one side. :D

Considering it is a one lane road (or sure as hell felt like it at the time) I certainly had the pucker effect going on. I will say this tho, you may drive like a mad man, but you know what you are doing. The trip wass certainly woth it once I saw the view.

Have my fingerprints finally came off the door?

J

:ninja:

I'll take that as a solid no.

J

J, did I miss it again?

Who did you say to support for stogies online? Local guys are getting too rich from me I think. I have been loyal but no impressive discounts at all.

Cigarsinternational.com

They were great to me on deployment, and even better stateside. Check out the Make Me Sn Offer section. It's a great way to get sticks at a lower price.

J

Fuggin sweet. Thanks.

No problem. Let me know how they fair with ya.

You know I am waiting on this info to clean my tops. :P

Yes I clean them everyday with dish soap and water.

SOme minght so I am OCDC...