Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Since everyone else is doing it...

Seth, just wondering your thoughts on:

Speed3 (1st gen)

Genesis Coupe

Sorry to do this to you, but I am not a fan of Mazda.

The Genesis is really solid. I just did some work on one , normal 60K stuff. Hyundai has come a long way, while most manufacturers seem to be going backwards.

Don't say sorry. May I ask why? Both of mine have been great to me and I have one from each end of the spectrum of their offerings. No complaints here outside of sheer horsepower.

Just from a mechanic's perspective. Ford ideology abounds, reliability is weak at best. They have gotten worse over the years, by huge strides. I had no huge issues with 90s Mazdas, although I would not personally own one, but their recent stuff borders on Mitsubishi junk.

Rotarys run strong, but again reliability is an issue. They are leaky pigs, and diagnostics is odd, as the design really creates odd looking pids/scan tool info.

Since everyone else is doing it...

Seth, just wondering your thoughts on:

Speed3 (1st gen)

Genesis Coupe

Sorry to do this to you, but I am not a fan of Mazda.

The Genesis is really solid. I just did some work on one , normal 60K stuff. Hyundai has come a long way, while most manufacturers seem to be going backwards.

Don't say sorry. May I ask why? Both of mine have been great to me and I have one from each end of the spectrum of their offerings. No complaints here outside of sheer horsepower.

Just from a mechanic's perspective. Ford ideology abounds, reliability is weak at best. They have gotten worse over the years, by huge strides. I had no huge issues with 90s Mazdas, although I would not personally own one, but their recent stuff borders on Mitsubishi junk.

Rotarys run strong, but again reliability is an issue. They are leaky pigs, and diagnostics is odd, as the design really creates odd looking pids/scan tool info.

I so badly want to argue this, but I can not argue your experiences. 

1618449_736679986352567_73662616_n.jpg

Looks exactly like my boy.

Going up North in the morning. Taking the wives sled again sad.png

I could probably add she has never ridden it.

Between those two I've put on maybe 8000mi. She did put a couple thousand on the previous one to that though

Lol...Crazy ass Wildcat.

400644_491062347667113_272741056_n.jpg

1896960_490952721011409_562126152_n.jpg

8" of fresh snow on my driveway. Nice since we lost that much today. WTF was with having 2 days around 40F. That sucks. Hadn't really lost any snow this year due to early melting and that hurt.

I've got to cross the Mississippi a few times tomorrow. Hope it didn't thaw tongue.png

Going up North in the morning. Taking the wives sled again sad.png

LoL

Your second sled?

Hey, it may not be the fire breather, and I know how much love you put into the beast, but "her" sled is better than no sled!

8" of fresh snow on my driveway. Nice since we lost that much today. WTF was with having 2 days around 40F. That sucks. Hadn't really lost any snow this year due to early melting and that hurt.

I've got to cross the Mississippi a few times tomorrow. Hope it didn't thaw tongue.png

Close your eyes and put the throttle down. Sleds are like half jet ski anyway.

I just spent an hour and 20 clearing my driveway. I wonder if I can get a tread set up for my blower. I know they make them from the factory as such, so I hope I can. The wheels can't get enough grip to push the rotors down while pushing forward.

J, did I miss it again?

Who did you say to support for stogies online? Local guys are getting too rich from me I think. I have been loyal but no impressive discounts at all.

Cigarsinternational.com

They were great to me on deployment, and even better stateside. Check out the Make Me Sn Offer section. It's a great way to get sticks at a lower price.

J

The I-70 corridor between Gwood and Denver is one of the funnest drive's in the country. Several canyon's, not a single straight stretch the whole 200 miles. 6% and 7% grade's with non stop corners. I have done 150+ mph going down the passes before when I was shagging Audi's.

Ask Jordan, riding with me is not for the faint of heart. He was ready to get out and walk after I drove him up a jeep trail in the Honda with a 1000+ foot drop off on one side. :D

Considering it is a one lane road (or sure as hell felt like it at the time) I certainly had the pucker effect going on. I will say this tho, you may drive like a mad man, but you know what you are doing. The trip wass certainly woth it once I saw the view.

Have my fingerprints finally came off the door?

J

Seth, I would definitely be interested in your juices. The first ingredient on the store bought juice scare's me

No preservatives, no water. 100% Kosher materials including: Propylene Glycol USP Food Grade 44%, Vegetable Glycerin Food Grade 44%, roughly 3-4% USDA verified food flavorings, sweeteners. Each of the PG/VG totals will be reduced by .24, .18, .12, .06% pure nicotine.

Propylene glycol is not the same ingredient in anti-freeze, that is ethylene glycol. PG is used in hospital air purifiers. I am sure that is the first ingredient you are referring to. However, I suggest buying juices from US sources. All the negative shit you here about e-juice is based on foreign juices.

Again, what you are interested in will help. I may use you as a guinea pig for flavors that may be outside my palate. I might try different flavor enhancers (all safe, such as Ethyl Maltol, Tart and sour, and simple things like lemon juice) to modify flavors. I am not interested in the same shit you can buy over the counter. My goal is to be unique, with regards to flavor profile, but keep the base fairly common, so you can say "hey, I like cotton candy" not "hey I like ethyl maltose, sucrose, and other odd flavorings". But I want someone to pick up my cotton candy and say "holy shit, that is an amazing flavor", rather than "dude, that tastes just like crossroads vapor's cotton candy".

if you are looking for a 'new to vaping' guy I would volunteer my palate. I figure Jared is being nice enough to hook me up and get me started, I would be more than happy to check out new juices as well.

J

kxvARF2.jpg

Been there, done that. Good thing I have a MIG :lol:

Seth, I would definitely be interested in your juices. The first ingredient on the store bought juice scare's me

No preservatives, no water. 100% Kosher materials including: Propylene Glycol USP Food Grade 44%, Vegetable Glycerin Food Grade 44%, roughly 3-4% USDA verified food flavorings, sweeteners. Each of the PG/VG totals will be reduced by .24, .18, .12, .06% pure nicotine.

Propylene glycol is not the same ingredient in anti-freeze, that is ethylene glycol. PG is used in hospital air purifiers. I am sure that is the first ingredient you are referring to. However, I suggest buying juices from US sources. All the negative shit you here about e-juice is based on foreign juices.

Again, what you are interested in will help. I may use you as a guinea pig for flavors that may be outside my palate. I might try different flavor enhancers (all safe, such as Ethyl Maltol, Tart and sour, and simple things like lemon juice) to modify flavors. I am not interested in the same shit you can buy over the counter. My goal is to be unique, with regards to flavor profile, but keep the base fairly common, so you can say "hey, I like cotton candy" not "hey I like ethyl maltose, sucrose, and other odd flavorings". But I want someone to pick up my cotton candy and say "holy shit, that is an amazing flavor", rather than "dude, that tastes just like crossroads vapor's cotton candy".

if you are looking for a 'new to vaping' guy I would volunteer my palate. I figure Jared is being nice enough to hook me up and get me started, I would be more than happy to check out new juices as well.

J

You're on the list, brother.