Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I done lost my damn mind, selling all my shit and bought a old truck. Lol

My new toy, maybe some high end components will go into some pods in this one, but not before a built motor and air ride

b0253bcfc789d430bc808a7c8e3c6756_zpsf6e9

89d08995c53b82c301da8629a280e06b_zps298b

Pretty much has the potential to be Chevrolet's best looking truck from ANY year.

I really like the old Chevy pick ups. That one from expendables was nice. Flat black was a bit odd but interesting.

Well I think so too, the 65 66 may have the 67-72's beat but its close, this truck is flat out perfect for a project. All the spots on it are man made. It's a no rust, no dent straight truck with a 350, auto, power steering, disk brakes, etc. This will be a hell raiser by the time I get done with it. I'm stoked.

I'm only thinking it could make a fun project if this buyer comes thru for the bird.

J

Has the bird been fun? Do you have an affinity for the undesirable?

Fun when its ran correctly yes. The shit that's come with it, not so much.

I'm done being nice. Sorry J.

Ask me how many fucks I give about people being sugar coated nice. I prefer raw and honest so let it go Sean. You won't piss me off, but rather get me to think about what you're saying and how it could apply.

J

I meant I felt bad for ribbing you on the bird and was done. Not my "cup of tea"

I meant I felt bad for ribbing you on the bird and was done. Not my "cup of tea"

Ah. Don't feel bad. It's a personal preference. I know while I love driving it I think I could have more fun in something else.

J

Long day, not over.

Long day, not over.

That sucks Aaron. Time for a drink?

J

Gee, thanks RYan.

Anyone ever used Max Fidelity? How you think that cone would like rain..

https://solen.ca/pdf/max/pr1066.pdf

They had some good tweets that were all the rage 10 years ago.  Never heard any of their other offerings.

I really like the old Chevy pick ups. That one from expendables was nice. Flat black was a bit odd but interesting.

That was a Ford.

Gee, thanks RYan.

Anyone ever used Max Fidelity? How you think that cone would like rain..https://solen.ca/pdf/max/pr1066.pdf

They had some good tweets that were all the rage 10 years ago.  Never heard any of their other offerings.

That was a Ford.

Yep 55 F100 I believe

My uncle has one of those chevy's. it's a sleeper with a 427.

That thing is a pain in the ass to run wires in.

Ah. Don't feel bad. It's a personal preference. I know while I love driving it I think I could have more fun in something else.

J

Or a definition. Seems strange to me that your go fast car is slower than your pickup truck. smile.png

Gee, thanks RYan.

Anyone ever used Max Fidelity? How you think that cone would like rain..

https://solen.ca/pdf/max/pr1066.pdf

For a 10" they dig pretty deep in a smallish enclosure (.55cuft) which is give or take the amount of space I can dig up.

Now I need the smallest footprint (in height) possible horn for a compression driver. Need long throw, NOT wide angle. Was initially going to put it in a box, but I think the tube to match the woofers may be the ticket.

GN gone? Being replaced? Some of us are interested in a vicarious sort of way.

Out of my element:

Selenium HL14-50

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-316

HL14-25

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-315

*comments are great, in my truck I have 15 horn...welcome to FL

B&C ME10

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=294-618

PRV Audio WG14-50

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=294-2843

Plan to mount them in the smallest piece of PVC possible and tuck up under the mid.

Afraid of honking as I've never used a small horn like that and of course would like to play low if possible being each one will be mated to a pair of 8 or 10" midbasses.

Cosmetically an MTM was what I was shooting for, but my ports are too big so it'll be off center and towards one of the mids. Acoustic mess I know, but the listening stage will be 50-75' back. Mounting them on the wakeboard tower of the boat.

My next project.  When you enter from the garage there is an entryway.  To the left is my kitchen, to the right my laundry room.  In the laundry room there is a closet with bifold doors.  I threw the doors away, cut out the walls as much as possible (electric inside) without being ridiculous and am going to do some built in cubby storage/bench to put on shoes.

First shot showing the shelving on the right to hide my wives shoes.  
FinalClosetwithtrimonallboards_zpsa89de2

*as a reference for size, the partial walls/supports on the bench are 12" and the overall bench is a hair under 24" deep.  Should be plenty to sit on.

We also need to hide a broom and stuff so on the other side I am putting a door:
FinalClosetwithtrimonallboards2_zps2df2e

Curious if anyone has any feedback or suggestions.  Drawer and door styles may change, but for the sake of sketchup I thought that was the easiest. :)

All the cabinets in my house are white, but having painted surfaces where there is wear and tear isn't great.  The "wood" will be stained ply.

My uncle had a very similar bench/cubby in the mud room off the garage in his old place. It was where we would all get suited before sledding.