Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Oskar Blues Ten FIDY imperial stout is the new brew for the evening.

Oskar-Blues-Imperial-Stout.JPG

Don't let the can fool you. It is the best new beer I have had in months. It is a heavy, heady, pitch black stout that is worth it's fairly hefty $15 for a 4 pack.

It pours midnight black with a thick, heavy, sweet head that is strong on toffee, coffee, and chocolate.  While it claims a 10.5% alcohol content, it does not taste heavy of alcohol which is a good thing, as I feel that too often imperial stouts seem to try too hard to taste like heavy alcohol. But honestly, it is going right to my head, leading me to question if they fudged the numbers a bit low for packaging sake.

I poured it in a mug, and really wish it had gone into a snifter so I could really enjoy it's deep, bittersweet aroma which is perfectly complimented by it's bittersweet taste.

This stout is a must have until Southern Tier get's off it's ass and releases it's heavenly Choklat.

Well hello there.  I like that.

Just left my local liquor store and holy freaking crap they had it!!! The store I go to has a little "craft section" if you will and I was in the mood for something stout after reading Sandt's review. I saw it it and had to double take, because I had seen it before but honestly skipped right over it. A can of beer called Ten-Fiddy just screams Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull to me.

It's not quite what the Moka and Choklat are but it is certainly worth the buy. I will try there other brews as well (if anything, just to support craft beers).

Thanks Sandt! I would have never ever given this beer a chance without seeing your review.

Almost finished the beer writing this post.

I may need to look into this.

J

And one for me,  because why not

Mdi81n6.jpg

And one for Neil and Adrian

3PYRxrI.jpg

Sweet!

Tonight was opening night and wow was it busy! By far the best opening night to date!

Tonight was opening night and wow was it busy! By far the best opening night to date!

Rock on!

Rock on!

Hope night 2 is just as busy or busier. :)

No accumulation by me, but if I had no kids I can tell you where I'd be with my trailer right now. :P

I saw the weather your way is dropping down to the 30's.

I am not ready for that yet.

Our leaves are just now turning colors and falling.

Fucking hell

gKmLMwC.jpg

Looks like dinner to me.

Looks like breakfast, lunch & dinner for 6 months to me.

So my little man Gavin wants to go hunting, but with the haunt his dad has limited hunting weekends. So my wife tells him she will take him shooting, I looked at her and just smiled. Others at the haunt looked at her like she was crazy as she said "yea Neal bought me a handgun and tought me how to use because you just never know anymore". As I was watching these people look at her, I said " now she just needs to get her carry permit".

Our leaves are just now turning colors and falling.

Same here actually.  Peak colors aren't here for another week or so.  My yard has leaves on it, but my trees are green.  Driving back from up North I found peak, but it was a good 250mi straight North.

Hell, my boat is still in the water and I went swimming less than a week ago. :)

Probably pull it tomorrow or Monday though.  Time to transition to the better season.

I will never understand how anyone can consider winter the better season.

Hell, my boat is still in the water and I went swimming less than a week ago. smile.png

Probably pull it tomorrow or Monday though.  Time to transition to the better season.

Fall fishing with the boys sounds like a good day.

I will never understand how anyone can consider winter the better season.

Winter in Tucson is much better than the rest of our "seasons." :lol: