Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Wait.... It doesn't say hungry or motivated on that meme. I thought it did. Never mind.

:D

I am definitely limited because of education. I should be in a job that is 2 times "easier" and 2 times the pay. Maybe more than 2 times the pay.

I chose money at a younger age though. Something that is unique to me that most people do not have is I interview extremely well. That is a symptom of me being able to turn my experience into knowledge. Seth is a master of this trait. Sounds better than I am. I only sit in the top 10% for the metrics we care about. I take on other tasks to make up for me not being in the top 1%-2%. I happen to be a better leader and teacher than just sales or manager.

I leverage that in case I rub into a rough patch, and it helps lubricate my way into what I want or need within a company. I seek out people and teach them to solves issues or better their sales. It's how I got to where I am in such a short time with this company. My interview actually turned into a discussion about what my path could be in the company. That's a really good sign, when they plot out next steps for positions after the one you are applying for.

None of this is a result of being smart or education though. It's imitation of others who had effective learning tools, self analysis, and daily worship of my crraft.

You guys make everything sound so black and white, education OR experience.

I'm biased though because what interests me requires school.

What do you want to do that cannot be learned somewhere else? Unless it's a niche trade like medicine......

Pharmacology

Yesterday I almost broke down, seeing how my dog is. She can't get up anymore, she can barely walk and when she wants to get up she barks to let me know. Taking her to the vet today to see what we can do :(

Sorry to hear Adrian. How old is she? What breed?

Hope the vet gets her fixed up for ya.

J

10 years old, she's a mix but looks like a border collie. Vet said she had a fever and it's not clear what causes her problems at least until the inflammation goes down.

Good luck Adrian. I am sure you have given her the best life that you could, and will continue to. That is the best you can do man.

What do you want to do that cannot be learned somewhere else? Unless it's a niche trade like medicine......
Pharmacology

Bingo.

You just wanna be Walter White or maybe a modern A Shuglin.

Adrian, I missed the post about the pup. I'm sorry to hear about the illness. My dog is my kid. I would be in agony

Ambition and confidence are critical. Knowledge can be taught but these need to be gained through experiences. They cannot be taught.

Pharmacology

Bingo.

You just wanna be Walter White or maybe a modern A Shuglin.

I just like biochemistry, a whole other world.

And don't get me wrong lab experience is crucial as you can often learn more there than in the classes, but without a foundation you're sorta spinning your wheels.

New stove installed. 

397496_771895649540890_24255424547516406

The old Gemini that it replaced.

1381180_771895642874224_6654794462633451

Had to install myself. The delivery guys would not reuse my cord. Plus they suck at leveling.

10151757_771895652874223_316320246049561

All this talk of firearms is making me want to blow shit up. Is always a good stress reliever. 

Oven even has a Sabbath mode. biggrin.png

Oye vey

Wait.... It doesn't say hungry or motivated on that meme. I thought it did. Never mind.

biggrin.png

Trust me, I NEVER go hungry ;)

PlweEdi.jpg

I did shit like this all the time at uni

Loafers with no socks?

PlweEdi.jpg

I did shit like this all the time at uni

I doubt anyone questions a girl with a humpenstanker like that!

All this talk of firearms is making me want to blow shit up. Is always a good stress reliever. 

http://youtu.be/HxPbBCtsxFY

That was a damn good day. Honestly, one of the best vacations I ever went on.

J

One trait that helps people be successful is to be adaptable.

I have seen many educated people as well as experienced people come and go because they could not adapt to the FQ culture.

Adaptability is one area I tend to thrive in. I usually am prone to not only thinking on my feet, but also finding a way to make even 'wrong' decisions work in my favor.

Ambition and confidence are critical. Knowledge can be taught but these need to be gained through experiences. They cannot be taught.

Confidence is another area I am not lacking in. I always look at an interview as the job is mine to lose. Ambition is a fickle area for me. If I am interested in it, if I can see a benefit, I am motivated to go after it. If the task at hand looks like spinning my wheels (or the wheels of my employer) I am not so ap to persue it.

J

http://youtu.be/HxPbBCtsxFY

That was a damn good day. Honestly, one of the best vacations I ever went on.

J

You remember shooting this vid obviously! :D Its been too long J. Time for another round brother. When you coming to get your other sleeve done?

Every day is a vacation to me. Another day in paradise as I like to say.

So chic's from Bulgaria are pretty smoking hot i found out today! Another under the boobie tatt. :D

As I photocopy all clients ID cards, and get to check their model year and stats. I find it funny how 90% of women weigh 130 pounds.