Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I've worked 60-70 hours a week for the last 15 years or so. It's not bad, really.

Doing something you enjoy is fun and hours don't matter, but if you do not enjoy what you do then 12hr is too much.

No thanks on the 70 hours, but $200K for 35 hours a week I would take.

Problem is those guys take home about $40k and hit a brick wall not much above that.

Lol. 70 hours a week isn't so bad. It is for 15 years tho.

Doesn't stop then either, that is just what it takes to get to the income level described with an accounting degree. I am sure it would be possible to do it faster, but that is far from the norm. I have 6 of them in my family, only 1 is "successful".

The others are doing rather well, just not that well.

Doing something you enjoy is fun and hours don't matter, but if you do not enjoy what you do then 12hr is too much.

I can honestly enjoy almost any work. It's the people, the culture and the direction of the team/company I'm with that matters.

Agree 100% dem beats, as long as I like the people I'm working with I'm good

Team is step 1 in ANY success story

Asside from my weird knee pain that has been bugging me this past week I just mowed the lawn(on a rider) and hauled some fallen limbs for 3 hours with barely any pain.

Woooooooooot!

:woot:

Got word on the Focus colors today.  No Molten Orange.  angry.png

trippy.gif

I'll buy the Focus, pay it off in 12, save another year and get a new Stang.

Thinking of a Stang myself.

IF I fit.

IF it rides like it should.

IF my kids fit behind me.

I need another garage stall though....

They need to shed some weight.  The Roush is fucking HOT though.   Definitely sexy in person!

I can honestly enjoy almost any work. It's the people, the culture and the direction of the team/company I'm with that matters.

I hate my job. I don't mind working with customers in general, but interacting with them in my current capacity makes me want to go crazy. I'm constantly arguing with somebody about something, and 100% of the time it's because they suck at life but want to blame everyone else including myself.

Then again I like my team but not the direction of the company, so your statement doesn't fit me 100%. We are always at the mercy of HQ, and they routinely change things for the worse or make things way more difficult than needed. So I always feel like we are fighting within between the field and HQ

Without all of those things in sync and on the positive side, I wouldn't be happy either.

I spent way too much of my younger healthier years working for people I disliked doing things I thought were wrong.

It's kind of hocus pocus mumbojumbo but I feel most of my challenges now is me paying the price for what I did at the last job. The washing out of the wound and cutting off the diseased flesh if you will. I'm a lot more sane now. I never would have had the balls to buy a car I wanted or work so hard in the last job, and my temper would have been nuclear if someone would have crunched a new car like Helga. I would probably be in jail or in a hospital. Heart attack or nut house. One would have happened fershur.

I never did anything actually horrible, but I witnessed it and didn't walk away. Caused enough damage to my karma for this lifetime.

Sometimes I feel like I am turning into a hoarder.