Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yesterday I almost broke down, seeing how my dog is. She can't get up anymore, she can barely walk and when she wants to get up she barks to let me know. Taking her to the vet today to see what we can do :( 

Experience is often more valuable, but often those with experience are still lazy.

Education is useful because people in debt are motivated!

:-)

28-years-old-tl4ml0.jpg

Adrian version:

cRXVzXi.jpg

This reminds me...I need to get sill panels like that guy has. 

Touches my face after dealing with peppers. Fudge me that sucked.

I've made the mistake of rubbing my eye after eating fire Cheetos without thoroughly cleaning all the powder off my fingers first...that was pretty hardcore suck age as well

I've touched my face after wrestling with a guy covered in pepper spray. that sucks huge.

Walked the rock creek parkway on the way to the Smithsonian this morning. Pretty combination of old impressive bridges and nature

Heading into Georgetown for some great, but brutally priced food and a dose of DC trendy?

Did that last night. Tonight I am lazy which usually means sushi....the the airport . I have to come back though...

Where did you go?

Some local place real close to the hotel.  Not worth returning too.  They had $1 Nigiri though so I ate 60 of them.  :Doh:

You can never go wrong with getting more education....Knowledge is everything in life!

Experience trumps knowledge every timr.
No offense, but in my experience that's something people with no degree say to justify their lack of higher education. Your statement is definitely true in many cases, but also very wrong in many others. I have hired several people who have absolutely proven that statement wrong many times over. One of them still works for me...not enough to justify firing her yet...but should have all the experience needed to excel, and absolutely does not. Performance is average on her best day.

I went to what was ranked as the 2nd best college in the nation, have a Physics degree and no one has ever yet cared about my education.  My experience, absolutely.  I also ignore degrees pretty much when I hire.

I should clarify, my ONLY expectation of anyone with a degree is that in college they learned ONE and only one thing.  

That thing is the capability to learn, everything else is a useless specific.

Even in my case.  I did an awful lot of Acoustics & Waves as it was my focus.  I use this everyday, but even if I hadn't learned it in college I'd know it now.

My new range should be delivered this morning!

Funny the shit you get exited about when you get older.

finally got to mess around with the huge miller mig at work.

First time ever touching a welder, what do you think?

933871_10152806503435070_847172572585664

Other than the welders settings being a little off, hand motion and speed are key. Try doing little "eeee's" or "zzzz's" to stitch the weld into both pieces. Push the puddle, don't pull.

The only other thing is prep the metal first, you will get less impurities in the weld.  As with most things, prep is as important as the final pass.

Welding is about the closest thing to tattooing as far as prep, settings and hand motion/speed. I can tighten my hand motions if the settings are to low or loosen them if the settings are to high. There is a point of diminishing returns of course. 

If thats a Miller 251, you have a great machine to learn with. I have started to learn aluminum with that machine and its made the learning curve easier.

You can never go wrong with getting more education....Knowledge is everything in life!

Experience trumps knowledge every timr.
No offense, but in my experience that's something people with no degree say to justify their lack of higher education. Your statement is definitely true in many cases, but also very wrong in many others. I have hired several people who have absolutely proven that statement wrong many times over. One of them still works for me...not enough to justify firing her yet...but should have all the experience needed to excel, and absolutely does not. Performance is average on her best day.

In the corporate world / engineering field out here, it swung wildly after the crash.  Meaning, I was a hot commodity when times were good and the money was flowing due to the stack of degrees.  But as soon as the market died, it went totally the other way.  Just wanted experience with minimal if any college education as that was the cheapest and least amount of effort on the side of the hiring company.

Experience is often more valuable, but often those with experience are still lazy.

Education is useful because people in debt are motivated!

:-)

28-years-old-tl4ml0.jpg

I have never met anyone that meets that criteria.

Damn 2nd Amendment problems!

45 or 9.

the 9 is cheaper to shoot, but the 45 is cheaper to buy.

Guess it makes sense to go 45.

You are getting the 1911????

Usually that is .45

Also, take what you save and put it towards a press.

Springfield makes a 9 and 45 in the 1911 I want, but they are the same price. So to me it makes no sense to buy the 9. If I want a 9 I will go with the XD line for 400 less.

Ammo prices not that big of a difference. Yes the 45 is a little more, but I will not be shooting this like we do our 22's.