Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Busy busy for sure! Rebuilt both motors for this hot tub! Total cast was $10.66 for bearing and a couple hours of my time to weld the shaft up and turn it down. Almost ready to hook this bitch up and use it!

I still listen to cds from time to time.

Speaking of non-HU solutions, I'm doing my research for the RX8.  Not sure if I truly need the supreme features of the Mosconi 6to8 and it's price, or if something simple and less expensive like the PPI DSP-88R.

Simple active front stage and sub.

That is the PPI that is just a mindsp right?  Either way, the miniDSP will do EVERYTHING you could ever want it to do and more.  The disadvantage being that a computer is required to change it.  My boat runs them, my garage and my Escalade will soon.

That is what I have read, in regards to the PPI.  I was also reading up on the Audison AP8.9, as that would be very nice light weight solution as it is an 8 channel amp and processor in one small foot print.

Still bigger and more $$ than 2 miniDSP's.  I really wouldn't think twice about it.  The ONLY solution that would have me do so is if there was a nice controller option for them that allowed rapid changes while driving.  Of course in the Escalade that is the car pc that is sitting right next to me now.

It's all about that H701

I need to get Bluetooth in the W's car, Unfortunately getting factory AUX is stupid expensive and I don't want to put in the effort to a new setup.

Headunit? What's that?
Hmm... Mabey that magical blue link wiwill show you if you click on it. :^I

You are so 1995. Didn't think people used those anymore.

Its what you get when your factory one dies, plus the alpine one lets me take the lazy route when installing an amp for my components.

Na, I still wouldn't. Seriously what do you use a headunit even for these days? You play CD's in your car??
I pop in my trusty 16gb flash drive and forget about it ;)
then a head unit isn't necessary

I didn't realize anyone listened to CD's anymore

I do, and I'm not computer saavy enough to entertain the thought of anything other than something already pre-packaged. That's how 99% of the world is. You are a 1%er.

use your phone....

Speaking of non-HU solutions, I'm doing my research for the RX8.  Not sure if I truly need the supreme features of the Mosconi 6to8 and it's price, or if something simple and less expensive like the PPI DSP-88R.

Simple active front stage and sub.

That is the PPI that is just a mindsp right?  Either way, the miniDSP will do EVERYTHING you could ever want it to do and more.  The disadvantage being that a computer is required to change it.  My boat runs them, my garage and my Escalade will soon.

i've heard one of the ppi minidsp will be getting android support at some point. making changes from the nexus 7 in my dash would be awesome

I do, and I'm not computer saavy enough to entertain the thought of anything other than something already pre-packaged. That's how 99% of the world is. You are a 1%er.

use your phone....

Why would I want to do that?  The HU is cheap, easy, readily available, a known quantity, cheap, easy, easy, easy. 

i went back and read some of the threads about android support. seems it never happen, shame. 

also, fyi one of the ppi dsp's is not a minidsp rebrand and has fewer features. i think the soundstream dsp's are exactly the same as the ppi 

Edited by lithium

good lord the Metro UI is a flaming bag

Was just going to ask to see if anyone knows anything about windows 10 ..And if anyone know when the beta will available?

Edited by mikel7829

besides the train wreck of a UI, 8.1 is nice, lol.gif

Edited by Penguin4x4

besides the train wreck of a UI, 8.1 is nice, lol.gif

Actually I seen the beta is out..But I seen no linkys..ughdunno.gif

i've heard of people using win10. might try a duel boot on my mac

<- Reinstalling my Linux OS after accidentally trashing everything. Never run root, but I like them privileges. :D

use your phone....

Why would I want to do that?  The HU is cheap, easy, readily available, a known quantity, cheap, easy, easy, easy. 

My volume knob was cheaper.

And Ryan the whole point of the conversation had nothing to do with you.  

So I ran my rebuilt motors through a little break in. Bearing temps over 6 hours never exceeded 82f, so it was worth the time to balance the shaft and armature.

In local news some one was shot in the chest and now people want to talk about how unsafe guns are. It sure is a good thing I disciplined my collection they don't do random shit like that.

And Ryan the whole point of the conversation had nothing to do with you.  

I understand that, but there are millions of people out there like me for whom a HU makes the most sense. 

In local news some one was shot in the chest and now people want to talk about how unsafe guns are. It sure is a good thing I disciplined my collection they don't do random shit like that.

It all goes back to education.  The people who complain about guns don't know a damn thing about them.

And while we're on the topic. . .  I am thinking about picking up a Kel-Tec PF9 for carry.