Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I'll give you a hint J, Matt's wives car is safer than your truck.

And probably by a lot

The funniest part of having a BMW is people think it's some trophy. I paid less for my vehicle than a big chunk of my associates.

My wife has one of the lowest cost cars when we go to any family event, and everyone thinks we are just swimming in it, or pissing it away.

It's interesting how people react when you have a certain kind of car.

Same happens in the Escalade which is funny since it is a Silverado

I get that with the Town Car. Then I tell them it's 11 years old and I paid 2500 for it and they ask me how much I put into it to fix it.

Hell I get people who think the Mark is a new car. Peopke are really out of touch.

Can't wait for the shock to 700hp, lol

Hell I get people who think the Mark is a new car. Peopke are really out of touch.

Right!?

Can't wait for the shock to 700hp, lol

I'm moving in.

Boat rides and car rides every day.

I had a 1992 to mark VII,had a lot of the cobra's top half of some year cobra motor.. Gave little of nothing for it was somebody's project car that was hurting for money ran like shit when I got it...Got a gasket kit for the top half and it ran like a little beast! Except it would beat you to death riding in it because I had to turn the compressor of for the air ride had a busted passenger side front bag..sad.png

Every time I grow peppers rabbits eat them.

Bastard bunnies.

Every time I grow peppers rabbits eat them.

Bastard bunnies.

I got some good stuff growing!! tomato's,cucumbers,squash,bell peppers,blue lake green beans,peaches and cream corn,hot banana peppers,and butternut squash..

And I will be willing to share my brothers smile.png  Sure it will be more than I can eat before it goes bad sad.png You are welcome to some deep south grown veggies biggrin.png

It's a hurricane here...

A lot of rain? Got some storms coming this way,transferred the hot banana pepper plants..Need a good soaking to set them in their new home..Hopefully the wind is not to rough.

I'd second the 3 series. Unless you are starting to pop off babies fuck the SUV.

SUV is a for sure. No human babies yet, but we have 2 60lb+ pups and we want to buy something that does have room for the human kiddo in about 1.5-2 years.

I'll have to re-look at those vehicles. I think the SRX may be too small for us. I thought the CX5 was, but after looking at some other vehicles yesterday it may not be. The biggest problem I have with the Volvo is that UGLY center console in the years that we can afford. Seriously. a keypad in a car is ridiculous.

I'm 6'2 400 pounds. My ! Dog weighs more than your 2 dogs and then add an extra 25 pounds. We fit better in the 3 than any SUV until you get to full size.

The 3 series sedan has more room than everything you mentioned. There is no small SUV that will fit your needs.

A traverse or edge could work, but they suck.

In an escape or Santa Fe we could easily fit the dogs in the back and then people in the second row. You can't say that about a sedan.

We own a Ford Focus hatchback now. It is flat out not roomier than anything we have looked at. The new ones are slightly bigger, but still do not have near the room of anything we've looked at.

As for the car/suv/truck argument, I personally refuse to have an actual car for a daily driver anymore. With how shitty the drivers are down here (wrong way on the highway anyone??), the unpredictable weather, and purely as a personal safety factor I will stick to a truck or bigger suv.

J

That's an ok thought, but the truth is safety is vehicle dependent and size doesn't always matter. An example is the santefe crash rating. Same as the BMW. The BMW will stop, turn, brake and accelerate better, and carries less momentum.

Of course I would rather be in an F350 with brush guards and all that if someone does hit me, but it doesn't always reflect overall safety or likelihood of a crash.

As for the car/suv/truck argument, I personally refuse to have an actual car for a daily driver anymore. With how shitty the drivers are down here (wrong way on the highway anyone??), the unpredictable weather, and purely as a personal safety factor I will stick to a truck or bigger suv.J

Why do you assume that they are safer?
You both raise valid points. I simply go by what I have seen and experienced. I have watched a BMW be ran off the road by a semi, a lincoln get hit head on by a drunk driver, and an escape t bone a pickup that ran a red light. All three incidents had occupents of the cars listed severly injured, paralyzed, or killed. I have also watched a Tundra get run off the road by a semi (damn near the same spot too), a F-250 diesel (stock bed) get t-boned by a small salt truck who missed the stop sign, and seen the aftermath of a Sequoia take on a wrong way driver on the highway. All three incidents the occupents were injured but not severely. Needless to say this alog with other incidents leave me feeling safer.

When you add in the fact that FL is God's waiting room, dumb kids playing dumb games, and the fact that at least 3 times a month I pack 5 people in my truck comfortably for a trip in access of 200 miles and at times through unfamiliar territory, the bigger truck makes ME feel safer.

J

It's a hurricane here...

Aunny as hell here

Sunny**

Two rows that are needs to be weeded are beans & corn will let the roots settle for a couple more weeks before I pull trying to not disturb..

">http://20150517_163123_zpsd1dtplko.jpg

">http://http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/mikel7829/media/20150517_163140_zpsquhnzkpn.jpg.html'>20150517_163140_zpsquhnzkpn.jpg

Tons of wind and lots of torrential bursts of rain.

sunny and nice here

Tons of wind and lots of torrential bursts of rain.

sunny and nice here

Partly sunny here...82 and humidity is 79%....FEELS HOT AS FUCK!

Two rows that are needs to be weeded are beans & corn will let the roots settle for a couple more weeks before I pull trying to not disturb..

">http://20150517_163123_zpsd1dtplko.jpg

">http://20150517_163140_zpsquhnzkpn.jpg

Fucking kitties like the plants...Will do good as long as I can keep their ass out of it angry2.gif

I'd second the 3 series. Unless you are starting to pop off babies fuck the SUV.

SUV is a for sure. No human babies yet, but we have 2 60lb+ pups and we want to buy something that does have room for the human kiddo in about 1.5-2 years.

I'll have to re-look at those vehicles. I think the SRX may be too small for us. I thought the CX5 was, but after looking at some other vehicles yesterday it may not be. The biggest problem I have with the Volvo is that UGLY center console in the years that we can afford. Seriously. a keypad in a car is ridiculous.

I have two kitties and one weighs as much as both of your pups put together...biggrin.png

Would do better if you did a full till of it. Put up some chicken wire to keep the furballs out.

J

Would do better if you did a full till of it. Put up some chicken wire to keep the furballs out.

J

I am going to till one day next week when I get off early one day next week..To wet today... I have a fully auto AK-74 to keep the furballs out biggrin.png