Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Would do better if you did a full till of it. Put up some chicken wire to keep the furballs out.

J

And furballs have balls like watermelon's if they come close to the garden....LOL

When i am around anyway..They mostly just roll in the garden guess the cool dirt,,IDK

I'd second the 3 series. Unless you are starting to pop off babies fuck the SUV.

SUV is a for sure. No human babies yet, but we have 2 60lb+ pups and we want to buy something that does have room for the human kiddo in about 1.5-2 years.

I'll have to re-look at those vehicles. I think the SRX may be too small for us. I thought the CX5 was, but after looking at some other vehicles yesterday it may not be. The biggest problem I have with the Volvo is that UGLY center console in the years that we can afford. Seriously. a keypad in a car is ridiculous.

I'm 6'2 400 pounds. My ! Dog weighs more than your 2 dogs and then add an extra 25 pounds. We fit better in the 3 than any SUV until you get to full size.

The 3 series sedan has more room than everything you mentioned. There is no small SUV that will fit your needs.

A traverse or edge could work, but they suck.

In an escape or Santa Fe we could easily fit the dogs in the back and then people in the second row. You can't say that about a sedan.

We own a Ford Focus hatchback now. It is flat out not roomier than anything we have looked at. The new ones are slightly bigger, but still do not have near the room of anything we've looked at.

Your statement and mine are unrelated. I said my 3 series moves me, a dog that is more than your dog's combined in volume and weight, and my wife better than any compact SUV.

If you need to move you, 2 dogs, and 3 other people then that is different.

Is your reference to second row meaning a vehicle with 3 rows of seating or just back seats?

If you need to move 4 people and 2 dogs you should be looking at explorers if you want any comfort.

Having driven every car we are talking about and currently living with the 3 and the focus, the 3 fits people much better and it meets all of your bullet points earlier. Maybe there is some other need that must be met that you didn't mention like haul 4 people and the dogs.

Edited by dem beats

Matt, I appreciate the perspective, but I think our situations are very different. 2 dogs is a lot like 2 kids, There are twice the limbs and twice the personality. Any extra room is a plus and 2 dogs in one back seat is not comfortable for one of the dogs. The volume of occupancy is irrelevant because each occupant requires its own personal space.

Also, as I stated in my previous post. This will be a vehicle that will last into the first child. So there will be 3 and the dogs; potentially for road trips as well. 

That's totes fair, but not at all what you mentioned in your first post.

You also may have 2 times the limbs but the limbs on my dog are >2 times the length and I drive with a 200pound man and my dog in the back seat.

Anyway. Do what you want, don't justify to me, but your original statement and what you just mentioned are polar opposite.

If you need a kid/people and dog mover get an actual SUV or station wagon.

That ugly magnum, the HHR, or anything similar is exactly what you need.

If you want a nice version, get the infinity FX.

In reality I wouldn't look at any of that. Get something comfortable like a real mid SUV. Cheeper to keep and better to live with.

More importantly the santefe and escape are really horrible vehicles.

Personally I like the v6 boxy escape, but it's still not a good vehicle for the most part.

I'm also a bottle of champagne and an ounce of pinot finish bourbon in.

Wine time soon I think....

More to the actual point, you will have 2+ cars right?

Get one that is for moving the kids and one for going to work. You will either get something that does one of those things great or something that does both horribly.

If you take MPG completely out, then you get a lot more options.

Just wanted to share my favorite picture of my daughter.

11243000_10207011589988414_8364790307106

It is amazing how one event can make your child grow up so quickly. God why can't we keep our children innocent to all bad things in life!

Matt, I appreciate the perspective, but I think our situations are very different. 2 dogs is a lot like 2 kids, There are twice the limbs and twice the personality. Any extra room is a plus and 2 dogs in one back seat is not comfortable for one of the dogs. The volume of occupancy is irrelevant because each occupant requires its own personal space.

Also, as I stated in my previous post. This will be a vehicle that will last into the first child. So there will be 3 and the dogs; potentially for road trips as well.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=55441&endYear=2016&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&maxPrice=24000&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5B%5D%5B3_SERIES%5B%5D%5D%5D&vehicleStyleCodes=WAGON&modelCode1=3_SERIES&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&showcaseOwnerId=0&makeCode1=BMW&startYear=2008&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=0&minPrice=15000&listingId=390194780&Log=0

Seriously, do it. Forgot they were still the simple bombproof 2.8.

Here's a better pic than in the link. Tons of these in your price range.

DSC_0006_013.JPG

AWD where you live is a waste of money. Grab some el cheapo wheels and snow tires for $1500 instead. Puts you at about $20 with negotiating.

One of the neighbors just bought an E63 Touring, it's fucking gorgeous.

Beautiful pic Neal!

Thanks Matt, I can not take credit for it. A family friend who is a professional has done all my daughter pictures.

If I fit in no convertible I am going to have a hard time not getting a wagon.

Beautiful pic Neal!

Thanks Matt, I can not take credit for it. A family friend who is a professional has done all my daughter pictures.
The biological and environmental portion you can. The photography, well thank him.

Beautiful pic Neal!

The biological and environmental portion you can. The photography, well thank him.

She does awesome work and helps me learn how to take better pictures.

2012-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-wagon-test-re

2014-bmw-m5-touring-rendering-released.j

2014-Cadillac-CTS-V-eBay.jpg

but in this body style

KrHhx7iRh7.jpg

Paris-2014-Audi-A6S6-and-RS6-facelift-20

Of course we won't get the RS6 Avant in the US sad.png So sexy.

2015-Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Wagon-3.png

This Sean?

In Silver.

Only one that looks "right" to me.

The Cadillac looks ok too.

Edited by dem beats

Only one that looks "right" to me.

The Cadillac looks ok too.

The RS6 looks better in the Avant than in the Sedan. The rest worse, but not bad enough to be bad and good enough to be completely different. I generally keep nothing in the back of my truck either which makes a trunk car pointless.