Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Screened in outdoor kitchen slated for the back side of the garage.

Ava is all well and ready to go!

What made her ill?
Curious as well.
Apparently there was a hole in the intake tube drawing in unmetered air. I think I would have heard that, but WTF do I know.

I just can't see it affecting A/F that much, especially since she runs RICH.

Did it just fire a code or how did you notice? Fuel trims just not able to adjust?

*not that it matters, I am just curious since I am trying to learn more and more about modern ecu's

I don't know specifically how the computer manipulates it, drove as if it was only firing 4 holes. If you've ever lost a cylinder, you'd understand. It then lit the little wrench light on the dash. Third time it did it,the MIL light came on.

I honestly think the previous owner did all the mods over the winter,then just traded it in before having it tuned. Almost as if he knew he wasn't going to keep it,so why dump any more money into it.

forced computer limp not being able to compensate the trim on the cylinders? Surprised it didn't fire a code sooner

I'll know for certain in a few weeks. I'll be able to view everything ät the tuner and I'm going to try to recreate the issue while on the dyno.

Not that anyone targets exactly stoich, but your stock O2's are only good from what 14.4 to 15:1. (at least that is what I read the range is on the GM units). Beyond those ranges your computer can't adjust right. Not sure if on the Ford it flips to Speed Density then or not? If not, then if your metering is off by a whopping 3% it will cause issues. If you ignore laminar flow disturbances and other friction 3% of an 80mm Intake is 2.4mm. Obviously any hole near that size should trigger the computer to say it is confused.

Definitely curious what it equates to once you have a wideband on. Real easy to log that.

Does your tuner use HPTuners or something else? If it is HPT and he pulls logs I can give you the software to read them (free just need a disk, pay to rip tunes). I know personally I'd love to see a before and after. Trying to learn this shit and the more logs I can read and settings the better. He may not want to share though, I understand either way. Plus my next car may be a Mustang so that makes me even more interested.

SCT. I'm buying the programmer, so I can program and datalog, amongst other things.

I don't know anything about Ford's OEM sensors or programming. The Coyote and newer controls are foreign to me as of yet.

Thanks for the math. I can now see the issue.

And dammit, I bought 3 more pairs of shoes today. That's now 16 pairs, not including my dress shoes or boots. WTF is wrong with me?

Wow Ryan I would have never guessed.

Thanks for the math. I can now see the issue.

My math was full of approximations but way closer than an order of magnitude anyways.

Is SCT pretty open?  No one uses their stuff in the GM world.  EFI Live or HPTuners.  I chose HP since they also do Ford.  It is a full sweet though so you can do MAF or Speed Density or custom.  More than I need engine wise, but with an automatic these days you need to be able to change that as well.  No shift kit on the 6L80 and just by turning up the pressure and down the shift times in the computer it shifts harder than any shift kit car I've ever been in.

I know the Ford guys use other stuff, but didn't realize SCT was something dyno shops would use.

Of course if it does the job it is cost effective.  I'm jealous there.  Between HPT and an O2 sensor I am near $1k.

SCT is huge Mustang world. It's very open to tuners, but I don't know enough yet to touch it.

The programmer will run me $300, and then I'll pay dyno time by the hour.

And dammit, I bought 3 more pairs of shoes today. That's now 16 pairs, not including my dress shoes or boots. WTF is wrong with me?

Sound like a woman. :P

Actually feels good outside here ATM..Sure thats not going to last for long.

I have a addiction to Ebay..Another $350.00 spent on nuthin I really need..

My proposed addition.  Obviously an architect & designer will probably rework it completely.  Garage door pictured is 16'x10' not that I know if they even make that size lol.  Just want to be able to back my boat in as on the current doors I have 1" on each side and even a farmer can't back that in.

New%20Garage_zpszfpmeym2.jpg

Going to be a fun project and add $$$$ to the house.

Fucking dealerships and their bullshit. I knew I shouldn't have even bothered. . .

Tuning time.

Fucking dealerships and their bullshit. I knew I shouldn't have even bothered. . .

Tuning time.

You know they only want what is in your best interest. ;)

My proposed addition.  Obviously an architect & designer will probably rework it completely.  Garage door pictured is 16'x10' not that I know if they even make that size lol.  Just want to be able to back my boat in as on the current doors I have 1" on each side and even a farmer can't back that in.

It better, lol.  Initial estimate is freaky

2200Kcal is a beast mode meal.

That's like THE ROCK on his carb load day.

It better, lol.  Initial estimate is freaky

They always are.

I have 9 pairs of dress, one leather and one mesh/leather hiking, one pair of hard hiking boots, 2 gym shoes, and a pair of birkenstocks. Also a pair of indoor soccer shoes.

Probably $3500 in shoes if I did the math. And the lions share of it going to Allen Edmonds.

2200Kcal is a beast mode meal.

That's like THE ROCK on his carb load day.

When I was at my best my sundays would look like his carb load days.

Not uncommon to eat a gallon of icecreme.

I have 9 pairs of dress, one leather and one mesh/leather hiking, one pair of hard hiking boots, 2 gym shoes, and a pair of birkenstocks. Also a pair of indoor soccer shoes.

Probably $3500 in shoes if I did the math. And the lions share of it going to Allen Edmonds.

I have at least 8 pairs of sandals, 10 pairs of dress shoes, and then there are the rest.  When I find shit in my size though I HAVE to buy it.  In particular if it is on sale.

Yeah, I buy a lot of Pumas, no expensive shit here.

I have lots of flip flops..Most of the time I like to go barefoot.

I have at least 8 pairs of sandals, 10 pairs of dress shoes, and then there are the rest. When I find shit in my size though I HAVE to buy it. In particular if it is on sale.
Same with my 13EEE.

I should probably be a 12EEEE or something but my feet have been damaged by having too many pairs of narrow shoes until I could purchase my own.

Edited by dem beats

I can buy 3 pair of cheep dress shoes every 6 montha, or keep really good dress shoes in rotation and then resole them.

The cordovan wing tips were the only financially unreasonable shoes. $650 for a pair of shoes is a little over the top. Thankfully I got both pair on sale.

I get the most compliments on those however, so maybe it helps get sales. Intangibles are hard to measure.

I love some Puma's, but the fuckers stopped making nearly everything worth a shit in size 17

Badly need to go shoe shopping.  Clark's boots only go so far.  ;)