Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I would do the following. Only cook the shrimp big enough to not fall through the grate.

Dry the off diligently. Dredge through a butter, salt, pepper, cayenne mixture.

Throw them on a high heat grill for a couple minutes per side. To get the grill to high heat turn all the burners on, close the lid and leave it like that for 10 minutes. While cooking, don't go play with your tigers, stand by the grill. Make sure your beer is in hand and more than half full because you are not leaving. Do NOT let them overcook!

Pull them and eat? You could put a wee bit more butter on them or something. If you don't over cook they will be awesome.

Sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrimp and scallops are the easiest to me. They have such good flavor they need very little.

I would do the following. Only cook the shrimp big enough to not fall through the grate.

Throw them on a high heat grill for a couple minutes per side. To get the grill to high heat turn all the burners on, close the lid and leave it like that for 10 minutes. While cooking, don't go play with your tigers, stand by the grill. Make sure your beer is in hand and more than half full because you are not leaving. Do NOT let them overcook!

Pull them and eat? You could put a wee bit more butter on them or something. If you don't over cook they will be awesome.

I don't have tigers huh2.gif  I don't think I have any cayenne,but I will check.So I need to flip each shrimp?What about the lemon&lime I like that taste really.Not sure I am doing the steak today but I might..Was the 2 minutes for the steak or shrimp?

Any ideas on how to tweek or improve this before I start?

Will be 2lb of shrimp...1lb medium shrimp 1lb large shrimp

I will use a little olive oil

1 stick of butter melted

1 sliced lemon and 1 lime "maybe 2 they are small" layered on the butter

Then I will place the shrimp on top of the lemon&lime slices

1 pack of italian seasoning mix sprinkled across the shrimp

then grilled.smile.png

Trying to keep this fairly easy.

no butter no bullshit seasoning no citrus and add garlic. Also only 1 size shrimp. And kosher salt for God sakes

10 minutes rofl. Mine takes about 60 to come to temp WITH the seat burner on.

I don't have tigers huh2.gif I don't think I have any cayenne,but I will check.So I need to flip each shrimp?What about the lemon&lime I like that taste really.Not sure I am doing the steak today but I might..Was the 2 minutes for the steak or shrimp?
on a real grill that is all either will take, but both need a rest after. Longer the rest for the hotter the cooking

And yes Mike you need to flip everythi g you cook lol

I'm too cheap to run propane full blast for 60 min. I would normally do 15 on a grill like his.

I did butter on burgers yesterday and it really helped make a crust. I was cooking on a Weber.

Funny thing. I turned the Weber up full blast and walked away. MominLaw saw it smokin and when she opened it a flame jumped up and she flipped. She grabbed a bunch of baking soda and threw it on the "fire". It was comical.

Ok.. I am lost so how long to I need to heat to get the temp? And I need to heat before putting my meat on correct?And is this grill shit? I don't know a lot about grills but this was suggested to me when I was shopping for one.

Can I do the shrimp in something like this? Sean not saying the way you stated would not be yummy but I really like the butter and lemon&lime taste on them and maybe thinking of doing some garlic sauce like mike suggested I have some of that. Maybe i will do the large shrimp like you suggested sean and the medium in the butter and lemon&lime.

">http://http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/mikel7829/media/20150802_144334_zpsy7y6zkg2.jpg.html'>20150802_144334_zpsy7y6zkg2.jpg

Fuck it I am going to do the steaks as well...Should I marinate or anything?

Can I do the shrimp in something like this? Sean not saying the way you stated would not be yummy but I really like the butter and lemon&lime taste on them and maybe thinking of doing some garlic sauce like mike suggested I have some of that. Maybe i will do the large shrimp like you suggested sean and the medium in the butter and lemon&lime.

">http://20150802_144334_zpsy7y6zkg2.jpg

that would defeat the purpose of grilling completely and cooking on aluminum is BOOOO

I'm too cheap to run propane full blast for 60 min. I would normally do 15 on a grill like his.

I did butter on burgers yesterday and it really helped make a crust. I was cooking on a Weber.

Funny thing. I turned the Weber up full blast and walked away. MominLaw saw it smokin and when she opened it a flame jumped up and she flipped. She grabbed a bunch of baking soda and threw it on the "fire". It was comical.

a burger is not a shrimp lol

What I have to work with NY strips.

">http://20150802_152809_zps67wstrom.jpg

">http://20150802_152921_zpswah5rv1x.jpg

my strip my a as.

Those are super thin once hot a couple minutes aside max followed by a nice rest in a tented plate

If you are a propane jew Mike you should just use lump

That's great.

huh2.gif

What I have to work with NY strips.

">http://20150802_152809_zps67wstrom.jpg

">http://20150802_152921_zpswah5rv1x.jpg

my strip my a as.

Those are super thin once hot a couple minutes aside max followed by a nice rest in a tented plate

How thick should they be?

huh2.gif

Charcoal is what he means.. When i use Charcoal i let it burn down real good. Rub the steaks in olive oil and use kosher salt and cracked peppercorn. Move all the coals to one side of the grill and sear each side of each steak for a minute or 2 depending on thickness directly over the coals. Then move away from coals and cook 3-5 minutes per side only flipping once.

All steaks should be thin Mike.

A little bit less than the diameter of my cock is perfect.

So about 5 inches

Edited by dem beats

All steaks should be thin Mike.

A little bit less than the diameter of my cock is perfect.

So about 5 inches

Lol..Tuna can? Or did you mean .5 inches huh2.gif