Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Seriously what size should my steak be?

angry2.gif

If you are a propane jew Mike you should just use lump

If you are a propane jew Mike you should just use lump

huh2.gif

Charcoal is what he means.. When i use Charcoal i let it burn down real good. Rub the steaks in olive oil and use kosher salt and cracked peppercorn. Move all the coals to one side of the grill and sear each side of each steak for a minute or 2 depending on thickness directly over the coals. Then move away from coals and cook 3-5 minutes per side only flipping once.

Why would I do that? I might as well cook them over the fire pit huh2.gif

All steaks should be thin Mike.

A little bit less than the diameter of my cock is perfect.

So about 5 inches

Lmao 5 inches? And that's on a good day

Seriously what size should my steak be?

angry2.gif

Depending on what you want man. Also depends on how you liked them cooked and how long you wanna cook them.

10 minutes rofl. Mine takes about 60 to come to temp WITH the seat burner on.

I'm too cheap to run propane full blast for 60 min. I would normally do 15 on a grill like his.

I did butter on burgers yesterday and it really helped make a crust. I was cooking on a Weber.

Funny thing. I turned the Weber up full blast and walked away. MominLaw saw it smokin and when she opened it a flame jumped up and she flipped. She grabbed a bunch of baking soda and threw it on the "fire". It was comical.

a burger is not a shrimp lol
What makes butter worthless on the shrimp? 9 times out of 10 I cook shrimp in the stainless pan and it usually involves everything O mentioned above.

I'm too cheap to run propane full blast for 60 min. I would normally do 15 on a grill like his.

I did butter on burgers yesterday and it really helped make a crust. I was cooking on a Weber.

Funny thing. I turned the Weber up full blast and walked away. MominLaw saw it smokin and when she opened it a flame jumped up and she flipped. She grabbed a bunch of baking soda and threw it on the "fire". It was comical.

What makes butter worthless on the shrimp. 9 times out of ten I cook shrimp in the stainless pan and it usually involves everything O mentioned above.

What temp do I need to get the grill up to mike?

For either, as hot as you can. I wouldn't do them at the same time as overcooking will be too easy. PS - having flames hitting the steak consistently is not good for either.

Do you have a digital meat thermometer?

For either, as hot as you can. I wouldn't do them at the same time as overcooking will be too easy. PS - having flames hitting the steak consistently is not good for either.

Nope..Just the temp gauge on the grill.

What makes butter worthless on the shrimp? 9 times out of 10 I cook shrimp in the stainless pan and it usually involves everything O mentioned above.
shrimp love olive oil

Butter just makes black shrimp shells, olive oil on the other hand makes good eats

What makes butter worthless on the shrimp. 9 times out of ten I cook shrimp in the stainless pan and it usually involves everything O mentioned above.

What temp do I need to get the grill up to mike?
I'd peg it for an hour

This is how I roll! #501st 

FB_IMG_1438547473811.jpg

If it doesn't carmelize nicely in 2 minutes a side after that I'd sell the grill

MEat1.JPG

Mike, this is what you are looking to achieve with a steak. Notice that there is little gray, just sear then delicious meat. It is not easy to achieve IMO.

steak.jpg

Note this one has a lot more grey. Now, I would still tear up that steak but the more you can get like the first one, the better.

Butter just makes black shrimp shells, olive oil on the other hand makes good eats

Why does it make black shrimp but not black burgers

Nope..Just the temp gauge on the grill.

No need to worry about it tonight but in the future, even a $20 one was revolutionary for my cooking.

shrimp love olive oil

What about ghee?

Why does it make black shrimp but not black burgers
mass

shrimp love olive oil
What about ghee?
if you are pan wearing without the shell great!

Cooking shrimp on a grill without the shell makes Zero sense. Smoker ok, but not at high heat. Leather is not good eats

Shrimp love high heR though

Her is heat in spell check wtf

I pan dry shrimp in ghee all the time

Cooking shrimp on a grill without the shell makes Zero sense. Smoker ok, but not at high heat. Leather is not good eats

How is a pan different than a grill. Is it that a pan holds the fat?

I never understood the concept of cooking with the shell on.

Grill is at 300.