Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If I feel like it tonight I think I will practice with a steak.

I had a dream last night that I started a company that manufactures deotorent.Been having some crazy fuckin dreams latley!! The name of one that I can remember was called "Onion Armour"..lol wtf?

If I fill like it tonight I think I will practice with a steak.

What are you filling?  Your beer glass?

I had a dream last night that I started a company that manufactures deotorent.Been having some crazy fuckin dreams latley!! The name of one that I can remember was called "Onion Armour"..lol wtf?

Buuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

3956378413_307062baa5.jpg

Drone will arrive by Tuesday. Damn. I was hoping to fly it this weekend.

Buuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

3956378413_307062baa5.jpg

Naw bro I am still at work.

If I fill like it tonight I think I will practice with a steak.

What are you filling?  Your beer glass?

Fixed! Lol

Man the HOP is dead whats everyone doing

Working..

I am now, an instrument of violence
I am a vessel of invincibility
I cannot leave this undecided
Stepping down to battle another day
Remember me for all time this
Determination is a vital part of me
Surrender now or be counted
With the endless masses that I will defeat

Fixing to start the ribeye and shrimp for tonight! smile.png  Will be in a cast iron skillet have not had time to get a new cylinder of propane sad.png

I pan seared a NY strip tonight myself.  Rip roarin' pan.  May have seen it for 20sec a side twice.  I cheated though and Sous Vide it to 105F first

I pan seared a NY strip tonight myself.  Rip roarin' pan.  May have seen it for 20sec a side twice.  I cheated though and Sous Vide it to 105F first

This is a ribeye a 10-12oz package that was from the 1/2 cow.When I opened it was actually 2 pieces. I will try don't to how I will do but oh well..trial&error I guess sad.png

I should be in bed but I am going to try this anyway..As of Monday through today I have acquired 53 hrs on this job, and I do not receive any more income for OT. And this does not inclued travel time And it will 95% chance be a all weekend thing as well.. sad.png

Turn your oven on to 350, dry your steaks that have been out of the fridge for an hour with paper towel, season with kosher salt and pepper, get a pan really hot with your burner as hot as it will go(NOT A non-stick, but just a metal pan), add half and half olive oil & butter to the pan in enough quantity to easily coat the pan (if you add too much you'll have to start spooning it) and then add your steaks.  Leave in the pan only long enough to get a gorgeous crust on them.  Should be on the order of a minute or so if the pan is hot enough.  Flip once when you've given the other side about 2/3 as long as the first throw the pan in the oven and roast it until it is to your liking.  Length is hard to say as the longer it spends in the sear pan the less in the oven.  The goal is to do most of the cooking in the oven though so you need a REALLY hot pan.

*if you have a really shitty pan, an inadequate stove or both the only challenge will be how hot can you get it before adding the fat.  My stove is balsy enough to allow you to only heat it to cooking temp.  You'll have to play with overheating it.  If your stove is wimpy a heavy heat holding pan like a cast iron is awesome, if it can really heat a pan though you can get by with a pan that allows you to change the temperature of it faster like copper.

Just shot this for you to put it in perspective.  This is a 22,000 btu burner on high.  Sitting next to it is a Mauviel copper saute pan.  It weighs more than 10lbs.  I sit that pan on the burner for 3-5min while I dink around before the fat hits.  Anymore and it'd be black, any less and I'd cook more and brown less.  

20150806_223500_zpslkwxncjp.jpg

And yes that is my greasy ass stove after cooking 5 hours ago and not cleaning it.  I wipe the stainless, but the cast grates, fuck that.  Once a month they go in the dishwasher. 

Doesn't look as gross when the lights are off though either.

I love that range.  Wish it had a bit more balls, but for a home stove it gets pretty hot.

HUGE mistake IMO for Wolf and such to stop making open burners.  They are way more even and SO MUCH easier to maintain.

And don't do shrimp with the steak. After or before.  Surf & turf together at the same time makes no sense.

I really wish I would have known about those blue star ranges.

My dacor ain't got shit on that and the igniter clicks perpetually.

And don't do shrimp with the steak. After or before. Surf & turf together at the same time makes no sense.

Unless it's a lean cut and you make a shrimp or similar sauce for the top. I can get behind that.

Just shot this for you to put it in perspective. This is a 22,000 btu burner on high. Sitting next to it is a Mauviel copper saute pan. It weighs more than 10lbs. I sit that pan on the burner for 3-5min while I dink around before the fat hits. Anymore and it'd be black, any less and I'd cook more and brown less.

20150806_223500_zpslkwxncjp.jpg

And yes that is my greasy ass stove after cooking 5 hours ago and not cleaning it. I wipe the stainless, but the cast grates, fuck that. Once a month they go in the dishwasher.

Nice lookin stove, How much did your stove cost? My guess is 5,000$-7,000$ just taking a shot in the dark lol Edited by Stephen93s10