Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I like my ribs in the middle..Not were the meat just falls off but not were you have to have saw zaw blade teeth to naw it off.

Just made my first real whiskey sour (according to Emiril Legasse) and damn it is nice!

Egg white?

No,

Got recipe?

Day one awesome weather and climbing. Day two campsite flooded

Day one awesome weather and climbing. Day two campsite flooded

Make the best out of it bro..Did you bring a kyiack?

I'll have to freak out the mother in law by drinking raw egg and trying this out.

Though the last time I mixed egg and Bourbon I had a bad bad night. But that had to do with dropping an egg yolk in shot glass that had a splash of leftover Bourbon in it and thinking it was a good idea to shoot it.

It's just about the only way I will drink them.

It's good enough to turn even the worst whiskey into an ok drink.

Enjoying one right now. Same recipe just adds the egg. I definitely like the extra that it adds.

Enjoying one right now. Same recipe just adds the egg. I definitely like the extra that it adds.

Mouth feel is half of it.

I love the stuff.

I am going to buy me a egg..Need advice on what size..I just need something for a few burgers,steaks.ect.. Usually I don't cook for a army mainly for myself and a guest or two when I have time for company..

Thanks,

Michael

any tips on dealing with rust. IL is tough on 14 yr old cars.. Only 60k miles on it and at this rate it will rust out before the mileage kills it.  

Thinking I'll cut it out, grind back as much rust as possible and hit it with a rust converter and primer? 

This is on the rocker panel along the pinch weld on a 01 buick century. 

IMG_20150805_165813_zpskhibklsg.jpg

Edited by lithium

i have some surface rust in a few other places that I need to address as well. nothing quite as bad as this though. 

also updated my build log with some sweet SDS action for anyone interested... i really suck at taking pictures though

I am tierd as hell didn't want to get my ass up this morning!!

I am tiers as hell didn't want to get my ass up this morning!!

My dog gets me up at 5am everyday.

How in the world do you guys deal with conditions that will rust a car like that.

No wonder its a big deal do have rinseless car soaps.

any tips on dealing with rust. IL is tough on 14 yr old cars.. Only 60k miles on it and at this rate it will rust out before the mileage kills it.

Thinking I'll cut it out, grind back as much rust as possible and hit it with a rust converter and primer?

This is on the rocker panel along the pinch weld on a 01 buick century.

IMG_20150805_165813_zpskhibklsg.jpg

They all rust, irrelevant of mileage. The bad news is no mattee what you do, it's working it's way along that entire rocker already.

If it were me, I would cut out the nasty stuff, apply the rust converter to inaccessible areas to repair, then fab a small patch panel and bond it in place.

Just be prepared to keep finding moren

No wonder its a big deal do have rinseless car soaps.

Horrible idea that is just marketing. Washing your car normally where the soap bubbles encapsulate the dirt and then rinsing away is the only way to clean and the water will never cause rust like you see there.

Salt will.

Salt just increases corrosion rate. There are many vehicles that suffer from design problems that will harbor dirt and water and cause rust, such as the Buick above.

IMG_20150808_131359412.jpg

Hooray biggrin.png

The bodywork guy did an OK job on the front inner fenders and the rockers but he did not touch the bad work from the previous owner on the rear fenders and inner wheel wells. A new fender was welded ontop of the old fender...in Germany. So I'm doing it right...

Same job on both sides but I'm doing one side at a time. 

After this job I plan to fluid film the insides of the rockers and rear fenders every autumn. 

How in the world do you guys deal with conditions that will rust a car like that.

Yeah, that's exactly why I got the fuck out of the rust belt.

IMG_20150808_131359412.jpg

Hooray biggrin.png

The bodywork guy did an OK job on the front inner fenders and the rockers but he did not touch the bad work from the previous owner on the rear fenders and inner wheel wells. A new fender was welded ontop of the old fender...in Germany. So I'm doing it right...

Same job on both sides but I'm doing one side at a time.

After this job I plan to fluid film the insides of the rockers and rear fenders every autumn.

Fuck that! I'd crush that bitch!