Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Agreed!

One request; can the back ground outside of the formatting (I think it is called Metal3.jpg) be changed to a darker color as well :)

I like the original background color from this Carbon theme. Obviously it was usable with the Halo looking characters in it.

Yes, I'm nit picking, but it reminds me of having a white border around a phone screen which is something I currently have and do not like, but free phones don't cost very much.

2 hours ago, sandt38 said:

PS, The dark forum skin looks much better.

Agreed.

I'll look into it to see if backgrounds can be edited on this skin.

I also agree with Sean about the mobile experience. It's like the desktop experience optimality compressed for mobile.

13 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Or I could drive an M5... Indescisions are endless. :P

I've tried to figure out how to make it work with my company lease, but it won't fly.  Then I sat in the M5 and the new M3 and low and behold for the space I need the 3 is bigger.  WTF BM'er?

I can't quote MK on his cell phone comment.  Keeps "Loading"

...but all I wanted to say is that I"ve never seen a Mobile Optimized Forum that I like.  This one is SO MUCH better.  I always go to normal mode and get pissed when others switch back to the mobile.  The technique of making the desktop forum have a mobile feeling, but not be mobile handicapped is awesome.

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

I also agree with Sean about the mobile experience. It's like the desktop experience optimality compressed for mobile.

I hope that helps more people hit up the site now.

6 hours ago, sandt38 said:

I didn't know you were Italian.

I love Italian! Never could finish a whole one, though.

http://i.imgur.com/sPwgpLj.gif

Woke up today with a message today.

Maybe  the wife can get off my back now, her 4runner showed up!

7 minutes ago, nem said:

Woke up today with a message today.

Maybe  the wife can get off my back now, her 4runner showed up!

4Runner pair photos needed!

3 minutes ago, denim said:

4Runner pair photos needed!

We will pick it up tomorrow after she gets off work.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I've tried to figure out how to make it work with my company lease, but it won't fly.  Then I sat in the M5 and the new M3 and low and behold for the space I need the 3 is bigger.  WTF BM'er?

I love the look of the 98-03 E39 M5. Prices aren't crazy, has a V8 with 400 HP. I have no idea is they are reliable or anything but I like them.

10 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

I love the look of the 98-03 E39 M5. Prices aren't crazy, has a V8 with 400 HP. I have no idea is they are reliable or anything but I like them.

They are.  And insurance is cheaper than your truck :)

Problem with these now older vehicles is the mileage will either be high or the price will sky-rocket because the mileage is low.

Just now, MKader17 said:

Problem with these now older vehicles is the mileage will either be high or the price will sky-rocket because the mileage is low.

How is that a problem.  It's called a value proposition.  High miles are no big deal when maintained.

I was telling Neal, I truly feel like I nabbed a more reliable, cheaper to insure, better front suspension (though more softly sprung), japanese version of a 1998 ///M3 4 door.

3 minutes ago, denim said:

I was telling Neal, I truly feel like I nabbed a more reliable, cheaper to insure, better front suspension (though more softly sprung), japanese version of a 1998 ///M3 4 door.

E36 M will destroy your IS in the twisties.  A better comparison is the 2.5L E36.  Drifting in an E36 was a lot of fun.  I miss mine!

I'd also be surprised if you are cheaper to insure.  Perhaps than the M3.  The M5 was BY FAR the cheapest car to insure that I have ever owned.  Was about 1/4 of the price of my Silverado.

E36 will be cheaper to fix too....but they are REALLY old.

Just now, ///M5 said:

E36 M will destroy your IS in the twisties.  A better comparison is the 2.5L E36.  Drifting in an E36 was a lot of fun.  I miss mine!

Hence why I said more softly sprung.  With a pinch of work and some non-700 tread-wear tires, I can make this car into a special daily.

Just now, ///M5 said:

I'd also be surprised if you are cheaper to insure.  Perhaps than the M3.  The M5 was BY FAR the cheapest car to insure that I have ever owned.  Was about 1/4 of the price of my Silverado.

When shopping, IIRC, the difference was about $40ish dollars a month.  Simply because they see ///M in the name plate.

Might be time to let me have that car for a couple months Aaron. You know what I have at my disposal for what you want.