Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

7 hours ago, Julian said:

In my experience dough freezes pretty well

Properly wrapped, plastic wrap and either heavy duty foil or heavy plastic bags, I have kept dough in the freezer for up to 3 months with no quality loss. The only thing you have to remember is to thaw the dough in the refrigerator over night and then allow sufficient time to fully rise the way you would normally let a bread rise.

Yep. Many, many years ago I worked in an Italian/Pizza restaurant that was known for their pizza. I was in NY, so it isn't like bullshit pizza you find all over the rest of the country, it was real and good. We usually prepped for football games mid week, making and freezing dough We broke them into pie sized lumps and put them in plastic bags. For the Super Bowl we prepped 2 weeks out. We had to make over 250 pies.

On 2/26/2016 at 8:11 PM, dem beats said:

Sean, just finish up big ugly and get what you really want. No 4 door will make you happy.

Maybe we are alike and no matter what, Something better is always on the mind, but something built for the exact job you want would make you so much happier.

Different reason for me car shopping.  Company leases me a different car in November.  I am buying out the big ugly for $500 and it will continue to be mine. :)  Just going to get something to drive around so what is mine doesn't depreciate any further.  Since I won't need a truck as I own one it means I can get a car.  Boys will be 7/5 at that time so when I retire whatever car I get they will be 10/8 so it is probably my last opportunity for 10 years to get a little car.  "little"

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

They need to leave the GN and GNX name plates alone.  They will never garnish the respect of the originals.  You can't chance that.  The GTO and Chargers are the perfect examples.

Call it the Avista then. ;)  Only reason I want it to be a GNX is I want them to live up to the history.  Will make me want the car more.

11 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Will the dough keep in the freezer? I know it will take a long long time to come back to normal temp. How long can it sit in the fridge and be considered good?

Yes.  Overnight defrost on ANYTHING.  It will take longer to raise out of the fridge.  I normally allocate 4-8hrs.

10 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Watched Giro Dream's of Sushi. Was cool but also kind of sad to me. I'm glad there are people who are so passionate about their craft but it seems like they miss out on so much, but maybe I'm the one missing out by not focusing 100% whole heartedly on my craft.

It is you that are missing.  There is so much right about that movie.  Makes me feel sad how lazy most people are.

Truck shopping tomorrow.  I'm DONE fucking around!

3 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Truck shopping tomorrow.  I'm DONE fucking around!

What are you looking at?

'13-'14 F-150, or  a '16 if Z-plan is close in price.

I really want to do a little ocean fishing. 

We will be Going from San Juan to the island of Vieques tomorrow.

Does anyone have any tips on booking someone or anything to look out for?

Edited by dem beats

Jiro is probably the most fulfilled person you will see Mike.

If you feel your work cannot fulfill your needs, find new work.  At the end of your day it's simply allowing yourself to live with passion.  Its not rigid or cold it's vulnerability. 

21 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I really want to do a little ocean fishing. 

We will be Going from San Juan to the island of Vieques tomorrow.

Does anyone have any tips on booking someone or anything to look out for?

I've done a bunch of deep sea fishing on both coasts. For singles going out you will not generally find good charters. Most will be drop shelf fishing, which is OK but not great. Group charters are generally much more fun. We would do 3 days in Mexico and catch yellowfin, barracuda, sculpin, and sheephead. We get 6 man boats out here (NC coast, right off Hatteras) for the day and get dolphin (mahi-mahi not bottleheads), wahoo, Spanish mackerel, king mackerel, and an occasional bluefin if you get real lucky. We fish the gulf stream, which is the water you should fish down there. I would assume at this time of year that you should see similar fishing.

Little side by side shot. There are a couple upgrades in store for the new one. TRD wheels, TRD front grill, and custom led accents for the fog lights. Ordering the TRD parts from another dealer was way cheaper than ordering with the 4runner.

My 2005 is built more to a true 4runner heritage. 

In late 2014 Toyota finally got the 5th gen 4runner to what I feel it should have been. The wife's 2016 is a very nice ride, surprisingly quiet, and most importantly no body roll like the early 5th gen when they changed their chassis to a more softer feel when driving on the highway. 

More to came at a later point.

We will be having 6 people for our fishing adventure. 3 guys and 3 gals. 2 of the women want to go but not fish. I assume we would have to pay for them anyway. 

Thanks for the info Seth!

Should be able to book a private charter for that many people for $400-600.  I would highly recommend a private boat.  Finding the right boat is a bit more difficult.

Need to ask around or search for shit on the web.  Forums are usually a decent place to start.  Find what is in season and search for a forum on that species.  I am not sure what is where you are, but have some ideas of what could be fished inshore at this point in the year.  6 people on an inshore boat may be cramped though.  I normally hire one out with just 2 people.

Inshore = casting

Deepsea = waiting

Trolling = trolling :P

Any tips.... We leave tomorrow and my internet will be really limited once there.

I'll look tonight but shooting a wedding is pretty intense.  Even on the day after relaxing.

I pulled something in my bad rotator cuff so I took a muscle relaxer last night... Still trying to work that off.

4 hours ago, nem said:

Little side by side shot. There are a couple upgrades in store for the new one. TRD wheels, TRD front grill, and custom led accents for the fog lights. Ordering the TRD parts from another dealer was way cheaper than ordering with the 4runner.

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

the new style looks so much more aggressive, they did a good job on that design IMO

54 minutes ago, Mark LaFountain said:

the new style looks so much more aggressive, they did a good job on that design IMO

Yes they did. 

On 2/23/2016 at 8:12 PM, ///M5 said:

Stupidly us Americans and the Euro's have it backwards.   Stop and go traffic is hybrid effieciency land and big huge stretches of NO acceleration is diesel efficiency land.  Low rpm acceleration all roots/twin screw and 1/4mi turbo/centrifugal.  Somehow though that isn't realized by the manufacturers.

So are you saying for around town vehicles a roots supercharger would be better? Instead of the 4 cyl turbo'd vehicle?

17 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  Overnight defrost on ANYTHING.  It will take longer to raise out of the fridge.  I normally allocate 4-8hrs.

I would pull it out of the freezer the night before then then set it on the counter in the AM and let it rise all day