Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

25 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I agree wholeheartedly. This is why since I had Jared do my sleeve I have only had one other piece done. That was out of a necessity for therapy. I really need to get out there again.

J

Heard from him lately?  Hope all is well!!

7 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Heard from him lately?  Hope all is well!!

Talked to him the other day. He's been swamped lately, but seems to be doing pretty damn good.

J

Hit a pedestrian with my bike yesterday, I was going probably close to 20mph and the idiot jumped on the road without even looking when I was 8-9 feet from him. The idiot was turned with his back towards me and as soon as he was with both feed on the road turned around to face me. BAM, head on hit. I managed to slow down a bit so I only have a bruised elbow, knee and a nice bruise on my thigh, twisted handlebar and bruised fork lock-out.

The idiot was so shocked or stupid he couldn't even say sorry. What if I were with my car? Fucking idiots...

I forgot to mention that it was on a very busy stretch of road, which at some point got a lane divider to stop people crossing illegally. This happened right at the end of the divider.

I sure hope I bruised the guy well enough, he didn't apologize, didn't even ask me if I'm ok. Just stood there like a potato, rubbing his shins, probably in pain. He even had the nerve to ask "what are you doing, man?" as soon as I hit him. Dafuq am I doing, using the road...

12 hours ago, sandt38 said:

Thanks, Neal, but this isn't my first chainsaw. I have a 50 year old Stihl, that was my grandfather's saw, as well as a couple throw away Poulans that are cheap, light, plastic pieces that I can climb trees with. I was taught maintenance on that Stihl a long time ago. My grandfather heated a huge house with firewood, and I spent all summer long for many years helping him fell trees, cut them up, split them, and stack them. We ran through 20 cord or better every year. But she is getting tired, so I wanted to get her rebuilt and grab one I can use all the time.

Maybe time for a family photo!

smDSCN3460_zpssjgkh1cd.jpg

smDSCN3461_zpspbwff3rt.jpg

smDSCN3462_zpsb6sysz13.jpg

Nice collection. I am not questioning you maintenance skill or experience. Just an experience I had because a small amount chips can keep that quick lock system from fully locking.

I still have an old .024 that works very well for me, although we had to rebuild it once since 1986.

8 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

I forgot to mention that it was on a very busy stretch of road, which at some point got a lane divider to stop people crossing illegally. This happened right at the end of the divider.

I sure hope I bruised the guy well enough, he didn't apologize, didn't even ask me if I'm ok. Just stood there like a potato, rubbing his shins, probably in pain. He even had the nerve to ask "what are you doing, man?" as soon as I hit him. Dafuq am I doing, using the road...

Maybe he needed a kick to the knee to help him understand. :)

On 2/27/2016 at 11:16 AM, nem said:

Little side by side shot. There are a couple upgrades in store for the new one. TRD wheels, TRD front grill, and custom led accents for the fog lights. Ordering the TRD parts from another dealer was way cheaper than ordering with the 4runner.

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

Very cool!!

On 3/1/2016 at 9:12 PM, MKader17 said:

Aaron, we won't stand for this!

We are moving to a host during this whole week, so there might be the occasional bugaboo.  But the new server will be bonkers fast and much more stable.

29 minutes ago, denim said:

Very cool!!

You need to drive it on the next visit.

Just now, nem said:

You need to drive it on the next visit.

Deal!

25 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Cool amp, but that guy's nuts!

I prefer a gain block only also 

His prices are batty.

Sean, any recommendations on where an engineer could go to get a good base knowledge in NVH?

6 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Sean, any recommendations on where an engineer could go to get a good base knowledge in NVH?

Bruel & Kjaer generally teaches intro to Vibe and intro to Acoustic classes....or at least I used to teach them when I worked there.  How much knowledge is "base knowledge"?  Depending on what you need I can probably help. :)

Manic times during tax season.

6 minutes ago, denim said:

Manic times during tax season.

I need a good tax professional, you want the job?

lost some posts there?