Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

Jesus Sean, buy her a vacuum cleaner and Dun Brothers Gift card too?

Ha, she doesn't cook so it isn't so thoughtful.  I don't like waffles though so that is more of a gift so I can make her something she likes.

The toaster we've had was a freebie someone gave us 20 years ago and it has never worked.  I'm a cheap ass, lol.

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

I almost said Starbucks, but then I remembered, "While you may not be a romantic Christmas gift giver,  you at least have plenty of good taste."

True, I won't drink at Charburnt.  Worst coffee ever.

Dunn regrettably does so many things right to still have some mediocre extractions.  Best I stay home for coffee.

Doh.  Check your insurance.  Sounds to me like you lost 20lbs of foie and a wagyu prime rib in the freezer section.

Thank god.  The light just went out and its still making the cold stuff. 

I did have a rib roast in there too.  And some old crab legs that i threw out on principal.

Wayhoo.

Also found a buyer for the rental.  Only a 30% loss or more on its actual value if in gppd shape.  Oh well.  If the pipes dont burst and there isnt any plutonium found the place is gone.

Just now, Adrian_D said:

Ryan, check out my car luck: 

Fuel tank was leaking when full on the Jeep, and I suspected there's a crack where I dented the brush guard. So I track down an OEM skid (3 times the thickness of the brush guard), get it cleaned up and powdercoated, find another fuel tank, replace everything and go to fill up. As soon as the pump clicks, fuel gushes down. It turns out I mangled the sending unit gasket, so down comes the fuel tank to replace the gasket. 

I feel you!  Fucking cars!

All this health stuff, the car, work, the fridge, losing money on the rental, probably divorced before 2018, and now... Pink eye, a stye, or a random infection in my better eye.  Lol

We are on a tiny blue rock hurtling through the cosmos. None of this matters.

We are on a tiny blue rock......

12 hours ago, dem beats said:

Sean lets go eat somewhere soon.  

Could have dinner in Boulder tonight.

Doh!

Hey wait, are you trying to give me pink eye?

Better than giving you the stink eye!

If you give it to the stink eye long enough it gets bright pink.

Someone told me...

On 12/20/2016 at 5:08 AM, dem beats said:

We are on a tiny blue rock......

Heck yeah Pendulum. 

Elections are over. Left party won (boo), their slogan was "let's win Romania back". The right wing prime minister was portrayed as "sold to the EU" because he has been working in the EU council for a few years. 

Today the left party proposal for prime minister is announced. A muslim lady with connections to Syria. Way to go people of this country. I mean you need outside help to ruin this country further and Syria has experience.

Yesterday two people from the left party, elected in parliament, resigned to make room for some other politician's daughter who did not make the cut to get into parliament and benefit from the immunity. She is accused in a case of tax evasion...on a contract worth $40mil..only...

10 days after the elections and things like this happen. 

On 12/20/2016 at 0:22 AM, Tirefryr said:

I feel you!  Fucking cars!

The Miata has been on jackstands for over 2 months...again :D

2 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Elections are over. Left party won (boo), their slogan was "let's win Romania back". The right wing prime minister was portrayed as "sold to the EU" because he has been working in the EU council for a few years. 

Today the left party proposal for prime minister is announced. A muslim lady with connections to Syria. Way to go people of this country. I mean you need outside help to ruin this country further and Syria has experience.

Yesterday two people from the left party, elected in parliament, resigned to make room for some other politician's daughter who did not make the cut to get into parliament and benefit from the immunity. She is accused in a case of tax evasion...on a contract worth $40mil..only...

10 days after the elections and things like this happen. 

Sounds like US politics.

6 minutes ago, Adrian_D said:

The Miata has been on jackstands for over 2 months...again :D

What's wrong?

On 12/21/2016 at 3:40 PM, Tirefryr said:

What's wrong?

1. Eibach springs are too low, so I want it taller and I've ridden in an identical car with V-maxx coilovers and it's so much better

2. Upon removal of shocks I noticed I need to do the brakes

3. Heck, while I am at it might aswell remove the control arms, sandblast, powdercoat and install new rubber bushings. All the suspension components are rusty and it makes the car look half-assed. Nice paint, no rust on the body and rusty suspension. 

4. I've spent the last almost 2 months in France

So nothing actually wrong, just some more finishing touches. 

I'm "carsitting" a friend's 2004 Audi A4, so at least we have two functional cars. Once my friend finishes his garage and takes away the Audi I'm thinking about buying my girlfriend an econobox for running around town, going to work etc etc. 

I've said it a lot, but I've got to get a camera...

I  really wish my wife would stop fighting me on it :(

I'm currently reviewing old hop posts.

Ryan, there was a "point and shoot" I think you recommended. Not sure if it had interchangeable lenses.

Do people rent camera equipment?

With the quality of my S7's camera, I'd take it most any day over a lower end P&S.  Its seriously good for a phone, and you can shoot in RAW if one desires, not that I care to.  

That being said I don't know what a good P&S would be now a days, haven't looked in a few years now.  

How much money can you spend before the W goes ballistic and do you want pictures, or pictures and good video?  

I've got a Sony that I've really had good luck with, I'd also go look at something like a Canon G7x or something.  

Under 400$ or so I'd stick with my phone, bonus points is I always have it and it syncs to the cloud automatically and easy to email out photos.