Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

4 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Tomorrow I will be living my childhood dream and watching the Astros play in the world series Live!!!!

That sounds pretty cool.  I feel left out with all the sportball fun and games.  I just can't get into it.

For me it's just watching my friends watch and me to drink/feed.

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Lots and lots of enzymes. Might be the padding that smells, which would suck.

Still won't help.  You have to totally flush the salts and modify the molecular makeup to rid the smell.  There's a product called OSR by Pro's Choice that both modifies the molecular level and floods the area with oxygen to remove the odor and stains, but it needs to be used with professional hot water extraction and a very powerful vacuum.  This can be used to successfully remove the odor and stain from carpet AND padding.  If it's soaked into the subfloor, then you have to remove the carpet and padding, clean the top layer of the floor and then seal it. 

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Thankfully on a rug.  Didn't soak into the carpet.

Throw it out.  If it's a Persian, I know a way to help you. 

33 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Still won't help.  You have to totally flush the salts and modify the molecular makeup to rid the smell.  There's a product called OSR by Pro's Choice that both modifies the molecular level and floods the area with oxygen to remove the odor and stains, but it needs to be used with professional hot water extraction and a very powerful vacuum.  This can be used to successfully remove the odor and stain from carpet AND padding.  If it's soaked into the subfloor, then you have to remove the carpet and padding, clean the top layer of the floor and then seal it. 

So basically baking soda and hydrogen peroxide? I could see why a pro vac would be needed afterwards with that concoction.

Woke up to a flooded utility room this morning. The house filters housing had cracked. 

Needless to say drove an hr to get a new o-ring before work, only to find the crack. So it's bybassed now. 

I have been spending the mornings listing stuff on eBay. I feel sorry as fuck for any poor asshole that has to sit at a keyboard all day. 

Still managed to get three things listed this morning, after the flood incident.

Since you have time off Matt, thought you might like a book suggestion. No automatic alt text available.

49 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Since you have time off Matt, thought you might like a book suggestion. No automatic alt text available.

That looks interesting.  I'll check into it.  I have a lot of trouble reading right now.  As good as it is for me, I find myself feeling most at home trying to learn while I move.  

Maybe books on tape could work.

13 minutes ago, dem beats said:

That looks interesting.  I'll check into it.  I have a lot of trouble reading right now.  As good as it is for me, I find myself feeling most at home trying to learn while I move.  

Maybe books on tape could work.

I feel you, has taken me 3 months to read 30 pages. Although the book so far has been 1-2 page power point chapters, so easy to pick back up.

The book was a gift from someone I worked for this summer. Found it on my desk one day with a personal note penned on the inner cover. Otherwise probably wouldn't have it.

Has been a good read so far.

October is my slow month, so I have taken up painting to keep from going crazy. Lol

53 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Where are you moving to Matt?

I'm staying here now.  Unless I find a job opportunity that makes sense.

This week is resumé polishing week.

Yeah think I misread your "learn while I move". In the context I see learn while on the move, now. Doh

I pace and learn about math. 

I spent a few hours the other day really diving into Bell's Theorem. Lots of the trig used in measuring the wave forms for photons.

I'm a pretty uncool person unless you also just throw information against your brain like spaghetti on a wall and see what sticks..... but my friend is dating a guy who works/ed on the LIGOS team and I feel pretty happy that I can keep up with all the principals on what they are doing and talk about the scales they deal with.  I seem to make really brilliant people really comfortable in situations they might not be.

He seems happy when I show up.  Most people glaze over.  

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

I pace and learn about math. 

I spent a few hours the other day really diving into Bell's Theorem. Lots of the trig used in measuring the wave forms for photons.

Love me some math.  I am content as could be crunching numbers all day.

When I get really bored I study quantum mechanics, as I am obsessed with molecules, particles and transfer of energy. Lol

8 hours ago, dem beats said:

I'm a pretty uncool person unless you also just throw information against your brain like spaghetti on a wall and see what sticks..... but my friend is dating a guy who works/ed on the LIGOS team and I feel pretty happy that I can keep up with all the principals on what they are doing and talk about the scales they deal with.  I seem to make really brilliant people really comfortable in situations they might not be.

He seems happy when I show up.  Most people glaze over.  

I must be a pretty uncool person also,  as my mind loves to go fishing for information.

That thing looks a lot like the Hadron collider.

I presume the gift you have is to make anyone feel comfortable in the situation they otherwise would not. ;)

My favorite subjects are anthropology, analytical psychology and the subconscious. You want to talk about people glazing over...when you start talking about humans in third person.

Some may choose to call it ignorance, others they say it's bliss!!

And I say the day you stop learning is the day you start dying

I have to say practicing the art of being comfortable being uncomfortable has been a game changer in ability to learn. :)