Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

18 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Sean is going to hate me for saying this, but I really like the 2017 IS300 AWD loaner we have.  Yes, much of that comes from the fact my daily driver is 15 years older than this IS300.   

AWD boo.  

Just now, ///M5 said:

AWD boo.  

It was the one they had.  It pulls out of turns nicely for a stock vehicle.

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Steak places in Detroit are not what we have...

Ah.

I forget how spoiled we are.  My co worker from DC constantly talks about how he had no idea it got this good.

I almost bought a '13 F-sport.  Loved that car!  I'd have one now if I could afford it.  Fun to drive, I love it aesthetically, and the interior is GREAT!

36 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I almost bought a '13 F-sport.  Loved that car!  I'd have one now if I could afford it.  Fun to drive, I love it aesthetically, and the interior is GREAT!

I really like the car, can't afford it, but very solid all around'er.

Just sold one of my snowmobiles.  I guess I need another one.

12 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

One my size please.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:14 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Lindsey and I love it, probably double it up every week.  A few decent places in the area that have very fresh fish due to our proximity to water. ;)

Lucky ducks... I go crazy for seafood when near the ocean. 

On 10/24/2017 at 1:03 PM, dem beats said:

Made it home with only a keyboard.

Boom!

Like a boss.

I would just be happy If everything would quit breaking all at once. Murphys Law lol

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Time to scratch the itch!!

Can't say I will miss them much. Feeling enlightened with a great sense of finally "arriving". :)

On 10/24/2017 at 1:14 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Lindsey and I love it, probably double it up every week.  A few decent places in the area that have very fresh fish due to our proximity to water. ;)

All the sushi fish is flown in...and not fresh, but that is on purpose.  Just like we age steaks a lot of sushi is aged.  The most important thing to getting good sushi is proximity to a culture that wants it.  Minny has one hell of a fish importer with multiple flights in per day delivering near live fish.  Quality is better than pretty much anywhere else I have ever been outside of Tsukuji in Japan.

8 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

My colleagues always pull the "how can you live in MN so far from all the fish", I then ask what fish they normally eat and they reference nothing local.  Hell even in Seattle if you ask about the local catch they get excited about the Salmon...of course that is regularly caught 2000mi North of Seattle and flown in.

Last hour of being in my 30's. :peepwall:

Ouch.  That transition hurt me bad.

You are welcome to come crash for a weekend and we go to some great crab or seafood spots.

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

All the sushi fish is flown in...and not fresh, but that is on purpose.  Just like we age steaks a lot of sushi is aged.  The most important thing to getting good sushi is proximity to a culture that wants it.  Minny has one hell of a fish importer with multiple flights in per day delivering near live fish.  Quality is better than pretty much anywhere else I have ever been outside of Tsukuji in Japan.

I get a lot of MD crab rolls.  ;) 

22 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I get a lot of MD crab rolls.  ;) 

Crab is not a fish ;)

I am jealous of those BIG TIME though.  Crabs travel worse than almost any other fish.

36 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

My colleagues always pull the "how can you live in MN so far from all the fish", I then ask what fish they normally eat and they reference nothing local.  Hell even in Seattle if you ask about the local catch they get excited about the Salmon...of course that is regularly caught 2000mi North of Seattle and flown in.

We got all the Trout you can eat. Lol

There's a couple sushi places the claim to fly in daily...  as there is five airports within 75 miles of me.

34 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

You are welcome to come crash for a weekend and we go to some great crab or seafood spots.

I wish... I keep telling myself im going to tour around the country when the kid graduates. Do a tattoo tour. Lol

Would love to go pig out in Maine... all the food shows that go there make me drool.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

There is a scientific function that determines if you need another snowmobile or if your current situation can handle an additional snowmobile.

Smax = N+1

Where Smax is the number of snowmobiles you can handle/need.

and N is the number of snowmobiles you currently own.

This also is valid for motorcycles, bicycles, 4 wheelers, guns and any other recreational goods. Hopefully this helps you find your answer.